Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
TFtoys
Animated
Re: toys across the boarder, where are the stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
There is automatic infraction for correcting a MOD's Grammer and spelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
What???
Quote:
Oy vey, guys...you're worse than my kids. ...
I am so sorry to mislead the MOD at the first place since my title was "boarder" . My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
If you're in Vancouver, and going into Washington from the Peace Arch border crossing, there are a whole slew of Targets and Walmarts between Bellingham and Seattle along the interstate. There's also a couple Toys R' Us like in the Alderwood Mall Pkwy in Lynnwood. I recommend you just google map this stuff.

I rarely have any luck at Walmarts, but Targets and Toys-R-Us are a good bet for stock.
thanks~ The phrase "A couple" suddenly give me a impulse and light up my hope. Are there any Winners around there?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
Wheelie
Riding on Grimlocks back!

Quote:
Oy vey, guys...you're worse than my kids. Ok, ok...Sorry for imposing my anality. I retract my corrections so you can feel free to misspell till the cows come home. But I personally think if we don't make an effort to uphold correct spelling and grammar then writing letters, composing email messages, posting on boards...all that will de-evolve into illegible AOL-level acronyms.

Anyways soz if I offended anyone with m.02

@TEOTD WGAFF, rite?

B4N!
I try not to make mistakes in my grammar but it happens every once in awhile. I'm not saying grammar isn't important! I just don't point out others mistakes, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
I am so sorry to mislead the MOD at the first place since my title was "boarder" . My bad.
Don't sweat it!

Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Are there any Winners around there?
I think Winners is a Canada only thing. There are places like Khols and Fred Meyers that are like Winners where you might find some toys here and there. Personally, I recommend you stick to TRU or Target. I can't remember where exactly, but there's a Target near the Seattle Premium Outlet malls that has a really great toy section. Lots of selection, really neat and tidy. Best of the bunch.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I found Target to be no better than retail here price wise. I remember some items were more than they were here. Maybe that was just a Vegas thing though.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
pud333
Animated

Yeah, price wise, you're gonna see marginally better prices. The exchange and less taxation makes it better, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do a specific toy hunting trip. Not worth the gas and time. I only ever do so if I am already going somewhere like Seattle or Portland, then it makes sense to just drop off the I5 for a few minutes to see if there is good stock.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #16
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Oy vey, guys...you're worse than my kids. Ok, ok...Sorry for imposing my anality. I retract my corrections so you can feel free to misspell till the cows come home. But I personally think if we don't make an effort to uphold correct spelling and grammar then writing letters, composing email messages, posting on boards...all that will de-evolve into illegible AOL-level acronyms.

Anyways soz if I offended anyone with m.02

@TEOTD WGAFF, rite?

B4N!
No I meant that you were smart... eh, nevermind.

As you were...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
TFtoys
Animated

Any posibility to get Power ranger megazords in Targets?

And how many times a month would be reasonable to go through the boarder? let's say this week has TRU sale in US and next week has Target sale in US, and if trying to attempt every sale in the retailers store in the US, will the custom get bored of me ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Any posibility to get Power ranger megazords in Targets?

And how many times a month would be reasonable to go through the boarder? let's say this week has TRU sale in US and next week has Target sale in US, and if trying to attempt every sale in the retailers store in the US, will the custom get bored of me ?
Bored? No.

Suspicious? Maybe.

But if you're honest and explain you are simply shopping then the fact you are spending your dough down South may make entry easy. It's the re-entry into Canada you should be concerned about. You're looking at a lot of potential duty fees (if they even bother) but if you declare each time and pay your duties then you're good. It's just a hassle to go in and line up to give them money.

If you plan on crossing the border to do a lot of shopping then apply for a NEXUS pass.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html

We got ours on the premise that we shop in The States a lot (for gas, groceries, clothes, etc.). There's nothing more satisfying than getting to go to the front of a 3 hour line-up. And generally if you come back into Canada after a couple hours with nominal purchases (i.e., under $200 excluding booze and cigarettes) CBSA/Canada Customs won't bother with collecting Duty. Often times they just wave us through, no questions asked!

Of course it helps they performed extensive background checks on me, my wife and my kids during the application process...and typically the kids are in the backseat either tired and cranky (and crying) or asleep.

Sadly, I haven't done a lot of shopping for toys with the help of my NEXUS pass, however I did manage to snag the last DotM Shockwave from the Bellingham Target about 3 weeks ago...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
No I meant that you were smart... eh, nevermind.

Disengaging Defensive Mode...

...Engaging Humility Mode.

My bad, sorry for gettin' my back up.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote