Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which version of Prowl do you prefer?
Universe/Henkei Prowl 37 77.08%
Combiner Wars Prowl 8 16.67%
Other (please specify) 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #31
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Universe/Henkei Prowl vs CW Prowl

I don't have the money to justify MP's
Old 10-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #32
elburrito
Animated

If you buy from Japanese e-tailers, 1 MP shipped is about the same as 4 deluxe classics-style figures. Can't get as many but (imo) t,he MPs are worth it. On the other hand, if you want a bigger herd, faster (and especially if you are into the comics) the classics might be better for you. I sold my classics and went MP. I don't get new TFs nearly as frequently, but for me, the wait is worth it. I make a good income, but have wife and kids that are priority. The result is only being able to get 1 or 2 new toys each year. Not worried about getting them all. A person can only transform one at a time anyway right?

Also, nor that you asked or anything, stay away from 3rd party stuff. It starts out being amazing, but the amaze factor tends to atrophy and in the end, you'll sell it.

Oh, and don't get sucked into new release hype. CW are overall pretty lame. Cheaply made without spark. If you're still a kid, maybe they are better. But the mass release toys have been going downhill for a long time. Compare mirage or hound to anything released post FOC and you'll see what I mean.

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 10-23-2015 at 10:38 AM.
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #33
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
If you buy from Japanese e-tailers, 1 MP shipped is about the same as 4 deluxe classics-style figures. Can't get as many but (imo) t,he MPs are worth it. On the other hand, if you want a bigger herd, faster (and especially if you are into the comics) the classics might be better for you. I sold my classics and went MP. I don't get new TFs nearly as frequently, but for me, the wait is worth it. I make a good income, but have wife and kids that are priority. The result is only being able to get 1 or 2 new toys each year. Not worried about getting them all. A person can only transform one at a time anyway right?

Also, nor that you asked or anything, stay away from 3rd party stuff. It starts out being amazing, but the amaze factor tends to atrophy and in the end, you'll sell it.

Oh, and don't get sucked into new release hype. CW are overall pretty lame. Cheaply made without spark. If you're still a kid, maybe they are better. But the mass release toys have been going downhill for a long time. Compare mirage or hound to anything released post FOC and you'll see what I mean.
Yeah that makes sense if you collect 1 or 2 a year it might be good, and a lot of people buy 1 or 2 MP's once or twice a year. As for me, I don't make a good income, so if I decide to sell all my Classics in favor for MP, all my Classics will give me max 150$ combined, and even then it won't be enough for an MP depending who I get.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #34
elburrito
Animated

With respect, you are looking too far ahead. Don't worry about selling anything or buying stuff gone by. Just pick one (of the next releases), preorder it and wait. Seriously, these things take soooooo long from announcement to payment, literally $1 a day saved will pay for many of them. On the otherhand, classics does have some really great figures. Hound, Mirage, RTS Jazz are easily amoung the best. Of CW, I think Trailbreaker has some potential to fit right in a classics line up. The CW figures are a good size. A CW Trailbreaker is probably pretty close to the size that beautifully-designed pipsqeak generations Trailbreaker should have been. At the end of the day, you'll be able to get the ones you want if you don't try to get them all. Figure out your core team and go for those...slowly. they'll be worth more to you that way anyway.

Last piece of advice, don't undervalue your stuff. Sure you get bored of it and it seems worthless, but someone out there doesn't feel that way. I completely rebuilt a G1 collection I sold in my teens in less than 4 years by trading and selling old G1 Joes, Mask, Lego and even a couple of my sister's ponies that turned up in the Lego.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #35
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

When you were collecting your G1's, I assume you were young? And how many you were you getting a month/week?
Old 10-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #36
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
When you were collecting your G1's, I assume you were young? And how many you were you getting a month/week?
I use to save my lunch money, fifty cents to a dollar a day and buy transformers with that. So how many I got depended on cost. It took me over a month to save the twenty dollars that a g1 Optimus cost. And by the time I had the money they were sold out. So I ended up getting Prowl and Ratchet. The ratchet I traded my friend for wheel jack. So those ended up being my first two transformers.

I remember later on being able to buy one scramble city limb a week because I was getting a dollar a day and the limbs cost $6 each. I'd have to wait two weeks and a bit for the central core because they cost $15.