Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #501
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night
Re: Customizing Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9S4N View Post
I did, I know I did. lol I was just wondering if anyone knew any tweeks to how to fix these problems.
Vigadeth on YouTube just posted a video today on this matter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-Ep...&feature=g-u-u

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #502
ricemazter
Mini-Con

Hi everyone. I'm working on my first ever custom project, specifically I'm trying to do a head swap between rotf deluxe class soundwave, and the walmart exclusive dotm bumblebee based on the camaro concept mold. I thought it might be nice to have my own version of dotm soundwave, but I've reached an impass with the most important part, the actual head swap. The ball joint between the two bodies seems compatible enough, but either the peg isn't long enough on the bee body, or there is extra plastic around the socket on soundwave's head. Either way the figures don't want to cooperate.
I was thinking of maybe sanding away the plastic on the head or the plastic away from around the ball peg on the bee body. But my issue is that I'm afraid of sanding the plastic on the head lest I ruin the ball socket, and I'm also worried about sanding around the peg as the peg isn't static and on its own back and forth joint. Coincidentally the plastic that connects the peg to the pin joint is what I need to shave, and if that snaps the body is ruined, and if the socket on the soundwave head is wrecked the head becomes useless.
At one point I also thought about cutting the longer ball peg off of soundwave and gluing it to bee's body, but I thought that would be drastic, and would probably ruin both figures if it doesn't work.
So my question is what do you all think? This idea is actually based off of a custom I saw done by Gabstaify see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZo29okh0c, only I'm trying to keep the transformation intact. It looks from the video that the peg or the space around it was altered somehow, but I can't place it. Any advice would be great.
ricemazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #503
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Question to anyone familiar with Animated Leader Megatron:

Can you remove the clear red plastic from the chest without breaking it?

I was trying and didn't want to push/torque too hard as I don't want to break the piece. I suspect it is glued in place. It would make life easier for what I want to do to remove it. Otherwise I am looking at a butt ton of taping.

On the same note, is it possible to remove the bottom part of the head from the chest? It looks stuck to me... but I am not totally sure.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind. I missed two screws in his back. Once I got these, everything basically fell apart. Off to taping.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.

Last edited by jourdo; 08-02-2012 at 10:54 PM.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #504
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Has anyone started playing with the FOC Prime figure. I have a project involving him and want to remove his front wheels and smokestacks. I have him all apart except the above mentioned pieces
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #505
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^ Anyone? Also want to remove PRID Wheeljacks wheels. Anyone try anything with the mold?
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #506
ricemazter
Mini-Con

I'm trying to take the head off of my DOTM voyager skyhammer. I can't really tell if it's a ball joint or some other crazy joint type and I'm afraid if I try popping it off I might irreperably break something. Can anyone confirm the presence of a ball joint? Or how would you reccomend taking the head off?
ricemazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #507
Commandoclone87
Seeker

From the movement, it appears to be a ball-jointed head. You need to remove the screw in the back of his head to remove it.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #508
Autobot Strider
Machine War

Does anyone know where in Canada (more specifically Winnipeg) one could find the hinges as featured in this PRID Bulkhead mod? I'm itching to try it out...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...low-sides.html
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #509
Megatrons Cannon
Only Cares about G1!!!
Megatrons Cannon's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Strider View Post
Does anyone know where in Canada (more specifically Winnipeg) one could find the hinges as featured in this PRID Bulkhead mod? I'm itching to try it out...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...low-sides.html
Here

My Feedback Thread
Megatrons Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #510
johndclayton
Generation 1
anyone know a good set of drills for tfc hercules?

guys i could really use some help on this one.

what i am looking for is a good set of toy drill figures to custom mod so that i can use the drills for my tfc hercules

i want to max out all my options add on set wise so that i can enhance my tfcc hercules over time to make ihim into a sort of 3rd party style masterpiece constructicon devastator over time.

http://www.freewebs.com/07oo/gogodrill.jpg

im thinking either a set of drills like that or a set of drills salvaged from one of those gurren lagann figure kits

if any one here knows about any kind of recently new transforming mecha figures power rangers or otherwise where the figures lower arms split open for the hands to transform into a set of drills please post a link to the picture okay?

bewteen the crazydevy tfc hercules sized g1 devastator with light up optics the huge purple devastator gun and the mixmaster purple mixer barrol parts set i want to all out on this project over time.
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote