Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #411
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Customizing Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I've had lots of success using eyeglass repair screw drivers to punch out regular pins, but never tried it on one like wreck-gars. It might be an option to try before you drop the dough.
I've used those small screwdrivers, but also nails or thumbtacks - with the pointed end snipped flat. They're good because you have a wide base on one end to apply pressue, and a thin pin-sized area on the other side to transfer the force to the pin.

I have an old cutting board I work on, and there is a hole in the handle (lord only knows why, maybe to hang it up?). I find it's a great surface for pin removal as I can simply line up the pin overtop of that hole, so the pin has some place to fall into, and the rest of the figure is supported by the board.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #412
ryceball89
Decepticlown

Hi, I'm new to customizing and I've read several tutorials on cybertron and tfw2005. I'm still stuck when it comes to the autobot and decepticon emblem. Like my Leader Ironhide for example. One of his autobot emblem is on his stomach and it seems to be painted on. So when i repaint him its like that will get covered.

Do i have to repaint one? or can I purchase some kinda of decal of some sort? Thanks for the help guys!
ryceball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #413
The Ark
The Original Scalper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryceball89 View Post
Hi, I'm new to customizing and I've read several tutorials on cybertron and tfw2005. I'm still stuck when it comes to the autobot and decepticon emblem. Like my Leader Ironhide for example. One of his autobot emblem is on his stomach and it seems to be painted on. So when i repaint him its like that will get covered.

Do i have to repaint one? or can I purchase some kinda of decal of some sort? Thanks for the help guys!
Reprolabels.com offers a wide variety of logos in a wide variety of sizes and colour schemes.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #414
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:

If you want to use stickers, you might want to check out reprolabels - they sell a variety of sticker sets, as well as generic autobot and decepticon stickers.

Below I've provided a link to their symbols stickers page. You'll find clear background, white background, gold background, rub symbols, movie and classic g1 style - more symbols than you can shake a stick at.

http://www.reprolabels.com/Symbols/

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #415
ryceball89
Decepticlown

Thank you so much!

While were at it most forums I've read are 50/50 when it comes to painting directly onto the figure or disassembling the figure and spray painting it.

I realize taking it apart and spraying painting it would probably give it a even coat but I want to mix some paint for a specific color. Do you know any tutorial that shows proper 'techniques' when it comes to brush painting so that you don't leave streaks? My only knowledge is to use very little paint and do multiple coats to avoid streaks. I also read somewhere about mixing the paint with something called Future floor polish to help reduce streaks.

Your help is much appreciated!

Also wicked! I'm also in Hamilton! Currently at Mac!

Last edited by ryceball89; 12-02-2011 at 02:12 AM.
ryceball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #416
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:

While were at it most forums I've read are 50/50 when it comes to painting directly onto the figure or disassembling the figure and spray painting it.
I'd at least take as much of it apart as you can. Most legs, arms and the like will pop off.

Brush paining is tricky. I find that spraying Krylon fusion into a plastic container and then brushing it on from there will give you a fairly decent relatively streak free look. I've never mixed Krylon though.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #417
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

What size pin punch is standard? The smallest I saw today at crappy tire was 1/8" and it seemed too big...

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #418
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

With water based paint, paint the part, then quickly before it dries, put water on your brush, and go over the paint, it'll look really watery, but do it a few coats, and the finish will be perfectly smooth

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #419
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Thank you so much!

I realize taking it apart and spraying painting it would probably give it a even coat but I want to mix some paint for a specific color. Do you know any tutorial that shows proper 'techniques' when it comes to brush painting so that you don't leave streaks? My only knowledge is to use very little paint and do multiple coats to avoid streaks. I also read somewhere about mixing the paint with something called Future floor polish to help reduce streaks.

Your help is much appreciated!

Also wicked! I'm also in Hamilton! Currently at Mac!
for myself,a few light coats with a brush,always going the same direction for the strokes,then 2 light coats of sprayed clearcoat almost always ensure a decent finish when brushing.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #420
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
What size pin punch is standard? The smallest I saw today at crappy tire was 1/8" and it seemed too big...
i'm gonna bump this question as i'm going to another canadian tire tomorrow and would love to grab one if i could!

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote