Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #2921
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Managed to get in an order for Dead End, Skullgrin, and Pointblank. Shame I missed Scraphook and Needlenose, and I had already put in an Amazon order on Hot Shot and wasn't about to fiddle with cancellations or anything.

That's a nice deal that will help blunt the expense of trying to finish out Legacy especially if I end up having to pay a bit of specialty store/2nd hand markup for harder-to-find figures.
Yeah, I grabbed four deluxes. I actually already bought and sold Skullgrin due to disappointment but I will probably keep him for 22 bucks. Have Needlenose and Scraphook on pre-order at GS; happy to get Pointblank for cheap.

if the walmart pres fall through then oh well, i have the two i really want. If they do, then i just return the GS ones when they come in (or cancel if in time).

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 04:09 PM   #2922
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Yeah, I grabbed four deluxes. I actually already bought and sold Skullgrin due to disappointment but I will probably keep him for 22 bucks. Have Needlenose and Scraphook on pre-order at GS; happy to get Pointblank for cheap.

if the walmart pres fall through then oh well, i have the two i really want. If they do, then i just return the GS ones when they come in (or cancel if in time).

The only one I'm really anxious for is Dead End because of how difficult it was to get Wildrider (and the high probability that if I end up having to get a Dead End from Toy Traders he's probably gonna be marked up to $45 because they charged that for Wildrider seemingly entirely because "everyone needs one and has serious Menasor FOMO so ding-ding-ding up goes the price.")

If I don't get the others I'll be bummed but not devastated.
Old 12-23-2022, 05:27 PM   #2923
wesperino
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
The only one I'm really anxious for is Dead End because of how difficult it was to get Wildrider (and the high probability that if I end up having to get a Dead End from Toy Traders he's probably gonna be marked up to $45 because they charged that for Wildrider seemingly entirely because "everyone needs one and has serious Menasor FOMO so ding-ding-ding up goes the price.")

If I don't get the others I'll be bummed but not devastated.
Devastated or Menasored!? Lol I need that dead end too cuz he?s been very elusive for me. I could have bought through GS online but then this $22 sale popped up so I bit.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 06:25 PM   #2924
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
Devastated or Menasored!? Lol I need that dead end too cuz he?s been very elusive for me. I could have bought through GS online but then this $22 sale popped up so I bit.
jesus, remind me to nab any deadends I see to help some of y'all out. Like I've run into him probably three times now and passed.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 06:28 PM   #2925
MikeWade23
Generation 1

I missed out on Hot Shot, but he is available for 21.42$ on Amazon.ca
MikeWade23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:22 AM   #2926
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

I too am anticipating dead end most as I never saw him in stores (saw his wavemates though)
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:59 PM   #2927
DestronDecepticon23
Generation 2

Sadly missed out on Needlenose, Scraphook and Hot Shot but did manage to get a Dead End along with Skullgrin for free shipping. Did manage to get Hot Shot on Amazon though... just really hope that Needlenose in particular might show up somewhere on sale again.

Current Hunt:
Breakdown
Twincast
DestronDecepticon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 08:03 PM   #2928
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
HELL YA that's the stuff!
Got a pre in for (DeadEnd, Pointblank & Skullgrin) & (HotShot, Needlenose & Scraphook)
Son of a b*tch, “there’s a problem with your card”
Now I have to talk to these sons of b*tches on the phone, they’re gonna cancel my f*cking orders
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 08:50 PM   #2929
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Son of a b*tch, ?there?s a problem with your card?
Now I have to talk to these sons of b*tches on the phone, they?re gonna cancel my f*cking orders
just found out something that may be useful to others

Had six deluxes preordered from the Boxing Week sale price
Two of which aren’t available now, listings were OutofStock or 3rd party replaced, prices all jacked up

Talking to WM on the phone (problem w the card I used), and surprise! They cancelled my order, because of course they did

HOWEVER

I went back to place order again (using a 2nd card I knew would work), and lo and behold all 6 were available again, still at the Boxing Week sale price (I’m sure that’s cause we’re still in that sale window)
So I snapped them back up again, we’ll see how it turns out

So the interesting/relevant bit there is, the six figures that were “held” by my order, were seemingly “released back into available online stock”, literally as soon as the order was cancelled
I didn’t think it would work like that, but I suppose in hindsight it seems obvious
I just thought for sure I was f*cked, and I could still well be

Figured the experience using WM website and order/stock levels could be useful to others

Last edited by evenstaves; 12-28-2022 at 12:45 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #2930
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Son of a b*tch, ?there?s a problem with your card?
Now I have to talk to these sons of b*tches on the phone, they?re gonna cancel my f*cking orders
LOL I remember that from the last time. WM CS agents interpreting an order inquiry as a cancellation request.

So this is still an issue?

I'm thinking back to call centre metrics, which look at "call resolution" rates - i.e. if/how many times a customer calls back about the same issue. By cancelling the order, the agent might be thinking you won't be calling back about that order, or at the very least, it won't count against them since the order is technically "completed".
prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart