Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #61
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

This is an interesting devvelopment

Exhaust

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...0AAOSwpQZe9L9L

Greasepit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27440843166...hW4VCiLYtNXhfw
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:22 PM   #62
Pascal
Banned

Comparing Siege and Earthrise, most of my favorite figures are coming from the Earthrise line. Optimus, Starscream, Skylynx, Scorponok, Hoist, Wheelack, the Micromasters, they all rock.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #63
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
most of my favorite figures are coming from Earthrise ->Starscream
I haven't bought a Starscream figure in a really long time, and I think ER is the closest I'm gonna get to a good official one - does he live up to the hype? (Asking honestly)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #64
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I haven't bought a Starscream figure in a really long time, and I think ER is the closest I'm gonna get to a good official one - does he live up to the hype? (Asking honestly)
Yes he is good.
Don't hesitate.
Buy, buy...buy??
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:34 AM   #65
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I've looked at several reviews, looked at many pictures that manages to make it look great, and I've seen it in hand a few times, and to me he's a skip.

I just get the feeling that he'll be redone soon enough without all of the flaws that I find this versions has.

The lack of articulation, the very blocky torso, the gaps, the face mold, the feet and small wings, the fact that he's nothing more than an upscaled and modified Classics mold, and many other issues with it.

It's not a preference thing as this isn't about nostalgia at all for me, I go with evaluating the figure for it's design and engineering.

When a toy's best feature is the top of the jet mode and everything else has design flaws, I wanted to like it, but again.. I feel like a new engineered version will come and not have all of the weaknesses/cons.

I know that many absolutely love it because he's the "best" large size F-15 seeker that's been done so far, but to me, I wouldn't even take it if someone would give it to me free as I just wouldn't consider it to be worth displaying.

There's a few figures that I wish Hasbro would have tried a bit harder to make them truly great, and this one is by far the worse, so much so that I wish fans would have skipped it completely to force Hasbro to reconsider and work on it to give us a proper version.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-26-2020 at 12:40 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #66
big dawg
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I've looked at several reviews, looked at many pictures that manages to make it look great, and I've seen it in hand a few times, and to me he's a skip.

I just get the feeling that he'll be redone soon enough without all of the flaws that I find this versions has.

The lack of articulation, the very blocky torso, the gaps, the face mold, the feet and small wings, the fact that he's nothing more than an upscaled and modified Classics mold, and many other issues with it.

It's not a preference thing as this isn't about nostalgia at all for me, I go with evaluating the figure for it's design and engineering.

When a toy's best feature is the top of the jet mode and everything else has design flaws, I wanted to like it, but again.. I feel like a new engineered version will come and not have all of the weaknesses/cons.

I know that many absolutely love it because he's the "best" large size F-15 seeker that's been done so far, but to me, I wouldn't even take it if someone would give it to me free as I just wouldn't consider it to be worth displaying.

There's a few figures that I wish Hasbro would have tried a bit harder to make them truly great, and this one is by far the worse, so much so that I wish fans would have skipped it completely to force Hasbro to reconsider and work on it to give us a proper version.

This is a bad take. It’s the best classics star scream we have. Best size, best articulation and honestly does everything I wanted. I tried to resist too after getting most of the siege ones but I was not disappointed.
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #67
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Earthrise Starscream is wonderfully chonk in hand. Sure, it doesn't have the same articulation as Seige, (I mean oh my god: forward ankle tilt! butterfly shoulders!) but that design could permit it. Earthrise's design is much more constrained. For example it's hard to see how they'd introduce wrist swivel since it's so tight in there. Same for the torso and waist articulation. But between the two, I prefer the Earthrise version because the transformation is more satisfying. Not to say there aren't any design issues. The way the chest clips into the shoulders, yikes.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #68
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

lol
Old 06-26-2020, 10:00 PM   #69
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I Love it! I’ve got MP Exhaust, and it is one of my faves. The look, feel and transformation are really fun. I’m really liking the deep cut repaints Hasbro is doing with Selects line for the most part. Now add Tigertrack and Centurion. I’d troop build Centurion if it didn’t come with all the weapons each time.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:33 PM   #70
Pascal
Banned

You could easily resell the accessories separately and pay for your figure completely!