Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-15-2022, 07:35 AM   #2201
Napseeker
Generation 2
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Well if no one buys Starscream from them, won't they just eventually return it back to Walmart after 90 days? That's usually how scalpers operate, they won't sit on inventory if they can't scalp it.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:11 AM   #2202
delrue
Crossover

No, it's just the usual that as soon as somebody sees a CMD listing they assume it's scalp product without any evidence.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:20 AM   #2203
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
No, it's just the usual that as soon as somebody sees a CMD listing they assume it's scalp product without any evidence.
They're blatantly predatory.

I don't know how anyone with common sense WOULDN'T think this a big part of their business model...
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:29 AM   #2204
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
They're blatantly predatory.

I don't know how anyone with common sense WOULDN'T think this a big part of their business model...
Are they though? All I see is that CMD has these figures available for order and once the actual Walmart stock is sold out, the listing defaults to show what IS available... which just happens to be CMD.

What I find strange is that CMD bothers selling on Walmart.ca in the first place. Their actual website prices are usually much closer to what most other e-tailers are charging but they have to inflate their prices on WM's site to cover all of the costs/fees that go to WM to sell on the WM site.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #2205
Napseeker
Generation 2

It's been shown many times in the past that CMDstore buys up other retailer exclusives once they go on sale/clearance and then just turns around and sells it at huge markups.

They probably also rely on parents and non-collectors to pay the ripoff prices that they post on Walmart.ca (which would have more exposure to the regular consumers, not just toy collectors) since they don't know what the fair value is, only that their nephew or niece may really, really, really want some particular character for their birthday or XMas, and if CMD (or RS7 or whoever) buy up all the stock, then the parent or grandparent or whoever, has no other recourse but to pay it, to make the kid happy.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #2206
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
It's been shown many times in the past that CMDstore buys up other retailer exclusives once they go on sale/clearance and then just turns around and sells it at huge markups.

They probably also rely on parents and non-collectors to pay the ripoff prices that they post on Walmart.ca (which would have more exposure to the regular consumers, not just toy collectors) since they don't know what the fair value is, only that their nephew or niece may really, really, really want some particular character for their birthday or XMas, and if CMD (or RS7 or whoever) buy up all the stock, then the parent or grandparent or whoever, has no other recourse but to pay it, to make the kid happy.
OK, I don't really pay attention to CMD for the most part, so I haven't seen this blatant evidence. But if you say it's been shown many times in the past, I'll just have to take your word for it.

But to be fair, all small retailers do the same thing.

ToyTraders in Langley, BC do the exact same thing, I often see them selling stuff that was recently clearanced by the local TRU or WM, for much higher prices.

It is what is for small shops that are trying to stay afloat, since they can't sell the volume that the larger stores can, they charge more to make more per sale. That's pretty much how capitalism works.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:39 PM   #2207
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
OK, I don't really pay attention to CMD for the most part, so I haven't seen this blatant evidence. But if you say it's been shown many times in the past, I'll just have to take your word for it.

But to be fair, all small retailers do the same thing.

ToyTraders in Langley, BC do the exact same thing, I often see them selling stuff that was recently clearanced by the local TRU or WM, for much higher prices.

It is what is for small shops that are trying to stay afloat, since they can't sell the volume that the larger stores can, they charge more to make more per sale. That's pretty much how capitalism works.

Toy traders also used to be a much better store than they have become. *Shrug*

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:40 PM   #2208
delrue
Crossover

Places are basically forced to use Amazon or Wal-Mart marketplaces as there are people who just default to those websites when looking for something.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:52 PM   #2209
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Looks like CMD store bought all of them and are now selling them for $88.64 + $21.13 Shipping. Thanks!
https://www.cmdstore.ca/products/tra...589da315&_ss=r

They have 8 in stock.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #2210
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Based on stocktrack cmdstore had 8 in stock for a while, so not sure if they bought Walmart stock or it just defaulted to their store once Walmart sold out.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart