Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1081
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Watch it at home or on a smartphone. It's hilarious!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #1082
venksta
Render Project Creations

METROCON AT METROPOLIS NEWS!!!!

Its official, for the next Metrocon, we will require all sellers (any body bringing goods to sell or trade) to reserve tables for the show. At the last two shows, the available tables were completely filled up, with people needing to put their stuff on the floor! We will have a minimum of 12 tables for the show. And a maximum of 20, based on reservations.

To reserve a table, just go into Metropolis Comics and let them know you want to reserve a table. They'll present you with a sheet, to fill out your name and email address. Its important to put your email address down, so we can let you know of any changes, like setup time before the event starts, plus instructions on where to go if you've got a table reserved.

If you can't make it to the store for any reason before the event, head over to the Metrocon Facebook page (link below) and send a message directly there about reserving, including your name and email address. If that isn't doable, you can send me a PM here directly with the same info.

http://www.facebook.com/MetroconAtMetropolis?ref=hl

Each table reserved is $10.00, which will completely goto BC Children's Hospital! The donation will be taken at the time of signing in before the event. Also each person who makes a reservation will get a free Renderform weapon accessory, on the day of the event, when they sign in for their table!

Once your got your table reserved, on the day of the event you can show up at 3:30pm and go straight to the back area, where the event will take place. Just provide your name and donation at the sign in table, and you'll be instructed where your table is along with your freebie Renderform accessory.

All reservations must be signed in by 4:45pm during the event. Anyone who doesn't, will have their reservation forfeit.

All selling and trading is only allowed off of tables, in the back area of Metropolis Comics where Metrocon will take place. That means we will not allow anyone to setup shop on the floor either in the event area, or in the main store area. Mainly due to safety reasons, and so people don't start tripping if it gets crowded. No exceptions. So if you show up with goods with no reservation, and don't get a free table space, you will not be allowed to sell or trade, as there will be no other room for you to do so, except outside the store.

If there is any unreserved tables available at the start of the event, anyone can sign up for half a space for free, or a full table by donation.

And lastly, Metropolis Comics will have bottles of water and soda pop for sale, so you won't have to leave the event.

Sorry if the rules seem a lot. This is basically now a full dealer room, so we need to enforce the rules, especially for having to bring in tables, which is not free for us organizers. But I hope this helps make Metrocon a bigger and more fun event than the previous two. So basically, if you plan to bring stuff to sell, please make sure to reserve a table, and get a friend or two to join in, if it helps you split the donation cost.

I'll keep everyone updated on how reservations are going, to give an idea how many sellers there will be.

More news to be announced!

Last edited by venksta; 02-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #1083
CKWG
Masterpiece

Thanks for the Update for Metrocon Venksta!

Reserved my table already!
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #1084
carissa
Energon

Hoorah! I picked up a second DW from a boardie today and some Tamiya paint pots to repaint one to Skyquake. Plus I spent most of the day gathering screenshots of Skyquake.

I also have three TFs in the mail and some reprolabels. I'm happy and excited.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #1085
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

^ Practicing your paint skills for fun? Or just wanting a Skyquake? They shouldn't be too hard to find online...

Thank for the update Venksta! Too bad it's a bit less casual now, but it's understandable.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #1086
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Thank for the update Venksta! Too bad it's a bit less casual now, but it's understandable.
Thanks for understanding. Need to keep the impending chaos in order.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #1087
Corvicron
Beasty

If we paid the table fee and brought a fold up table of our own, would that work too?
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #1088
Trans4mers
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
METROCON AT METROPOLIS NEWS!!!!

Its official, for the next Metrocon, we will require all sellers (any body bringing goods to sell or trade) to reserve tables for the show. At the last two shows, the available tables were completely filled up, with people needing to put their stuff on the floor! We will have a minimum of 12 tables for the show. And a maximum of 20, based on reservations.

To reserve a table, just go into Metropolis Comics and let them know you want to reserve a table. They'll present you with a sheet, to fill out your name and email address. Its important to put your email address down, so we can let you know of any changes, like setup time before the event starts, plus instructions on where to go if you've got a table reserved.

If you can't make it to the store for any reason before the event, head over to the Metrocon Facebook page (link below) and send a message directly there about reserving, including your name and email address. If that isn't doable, you can send me a PM here directly with the same info.

http://www.facebook.com/MetroconAtMetropolis?ref=hl

Each table reserved is $10.00, which will completely goto BC Children's Hospital! The donation will be taken at the time of signing in before the event. Also each person who makes a reservation will get a free Renderform weapon accessory, on the day of the event, when they sign in for their table!

Once your got your table reserved, on the day of the event you can show up at 3:30pm and go straight to the back area, where the event will take place. Just provide your name and donation at the sign in table, and you'll be instructed where your table is along with your freebie Renderform accessory.

All reservations must be signed in by 4:45pm during the event. Anyone who doesn't, will have their reservation forfeit.

All selling and trading is only allowed off of tables, in the back area of Metropolis Comics where Metrocon will take place. That means we will not allow anyone to setup shop on the floor either in the event area, or in the main store area. Mainly due to safety reasons, and so people don't start tripping if it gets crowded. No exceptions. So if you show up with goods with no reservation, and don't get a free table space, you will not be allowed to sell or trade, as there will be no other room for you to do so, except outside the store.

If there is any unreserved tables available at the start of the event, anyone can sign up for half a space for free, or a full table by donation.

And lastly, Metropolis Comics will have bottles of water and soda pop for sale, so you won't have to leave the event.

Sorry if the rules seem a lot. This is basically now a full dealer room, so we need to enforce the rules, especially for having to bring in tables, which is not free for us organizers. But I hope this helps make Metrocon a bigger and more fun event than the previous two. So basically, if you plan to bring stuff to sell, please make sure to reserve a table, and get a friend or two to join in, if it helps you split the donation cost.

I'll keep everyone updated on how reservations are going, to give an idea how many sellers there will be.

More news to be announced!
Looking forward to another great show! Be nice to meet more fellow collectors again.
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #1089
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Thanks for understanding. Need to keep the impending chaos in order.
Haha, indeed, if last time was any indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
You guys are making me horny...and hungry!!

http://youtu.be/Oa3eC02delM
LOL, gross! But hilarious. I'm glad Patrick Stewart has a sense of humor.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #1090
venksta
Render Project Creations

6 tables already been reserved! Thats half way to our minimum of 12 tables we will have atleast. Dont wait to long to reserve.

If anyone really only needs 1/2 a table for Metrocon, send me a PM and I will help pair you up for half the donation. After thinking it over, 1/2 a table for $5 donation seems doable and can help squeeze more sellers! Lets make this the biggest Metrocon yet!