Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #181
SMOG
zombicon
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
Wheeee I pulled a " F' the parents and what they say" moment and took the public transit alone to Guy/Concordia for comics.

I gotta say, Comics astro is my favorite comic book store because the clerks there are awesome. I was seriously talking to one for ten minutes on transformers comics and TFP.
I'm fairly certain I know exactly who you were talking to too... Ray, big guy, goatee, glasses, dark hair? Loves Transformers? I usually chat with him for at least 15 minutes every Wednesday evening after class. He's so bitter about some things, but Transformers just cheer him right up.

Wait... you're 17 years old, but your parents don't want you taking "public transit" alone? In the middle of the daytime, in one of the most public areas of Montreal?

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #182
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

Kristal, the sheltered child. Cute in some ways, sad in others. We still like you don't worry!

Cosmix is honestly my favorite comic store, they know their stuff. Sci fi anime is just generally a great store, Lu is the radest shop owner. Anime import stores usually have an uncomfortable air around them, there's either a language barrier or it's like "Zomg, dis non azn guy walked into ze store, dirty look him and make him feel unwelcome before he steals something" but it's always a party with Lu.

I feel like we talked about this...in the other thread? Fuck it, we rawk like that.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #183
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Yet I almost never see Asian peeps, other than lou and me of course, in Sci fi since I found it on Monkland.

That guy hasn't changed a bit since in first met him. Well same gu but now has a wife and daughter.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #184
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Wait... you're 17 years old, but your parents don't want you taking "public transit" alone? In the middle of the daytime, in one of the most public areas of Montreal?
That's nothing. I had to wait to be sixteen for my mother to comprehend I could go to other places than home and school without being in immediate danger. I had to convince her that the "Carrefour de l'Estrie", Sherbrooke's biggest mall, was not full of rapists bent on taking my chubby bearded face away from her. I've had a beard since I was fifteen, so even if there were rapists in the most crowded place in town, I still think they'd ignore me. It's not like Shebrooke's a dangerous place to live, too; I worked night shifts at a gas station, I got to know the most dangerous freaks in the city way more that I would have ever wanted to, and the scariest it got was when the police walked in asking if I had seen a man in khaki pants with no shirt. When I said no, they just went "good evening, then" and just left. Creepiest night ever.

Gotta love my mum, though. Protective, yes, but without her and her early college savings plan, I'd still be in that gas station at nights trying to pay for my classes.

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #185
nicoath
Underbase caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain View Post
Kristal, the sheltered child. Cute in some ways, sad in others. We still like you don't worry!

Cosmix is honestly my favorite comic store, they know their stuff. Sci fi anime is just generally a great store, Lu is the radest shop owner. Anime import stores usually have an uncomfortable air around them, there's either a language barrier or it's like "Zomg, dis non azn guy walked into ze store, dirty look him and make him feel unwelcome before he steals something" but it's always a party with Lu.

I feel like we talked about this...in the other thread? Fuck it, we rawk like that.
Have to agree with you buddy, Cosmix has been my comic shop for the last 15 years. Awesome group of guys.

I love this thread!
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #186
pulsedragon20
I win

Does anyone know how much of a discount Cosmix gives on reserves (for comics, apparel, toys, posters and other collectible goodies)? ...if it's good I might switch from Astro even though I like talking to Ray
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #187
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain View Post
Really? I'm usually the only other person in there, and Lu is just quietly watching anime or something. Pretty sedate.

Honestly, that place felt more bustling back when it was next door to me on Decarie. Of course, I also wandered in a lot more regularly back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
That guy hasn't changed a bit since in first met him. Well same gu but now has a wife and daughter.
Yeah, he's timeless. He's going to look exactly the same until he spontaneously shrivels up into a prune and loses a foot of height, which (as anime has taught me) is how asians age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxArel View Post
That's nothing. I had to wait to be sixteen for my mother to comprehend I could go to other places than home and school without being in immediate danger. I had to convince her that the "Carrefour de l'Estrie", Sherbrooke's biggest mall, was not full of rapists bent on taking my chubby bearded face away from her. I've had a beard since I was fifteen, so even if there were rapists in the most crowded place in town, I still think they'd ignore me. It's not like Shebrooke's a dangerous place to live, too; I worked night shifts at a gas station, I got to know the most dangerous freaks in the city way more that I would have ever wanted to, and the scariest it got was when the police walked in asking if I had seen a man in khaki pants with no shirt. When I said no, they just went "good evening, then" and just left. Creepiest night ever.
That's crazy. Montreal isn't even a dangerous city... or at least the bad areas are extremely localized. On the other hand, working the night shift at a gas station is probably the most dangerous job in town.

I wonder there's any correlation between overprotective parents and Transformer addictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoath View Post
Have to agree with you buddy, Cosmix has been my comic shop for the last 15 years. Awesome group of guys.
I don't even recall if I've ever set foot in Cosmix. Where is it again?

I'd have to get a pretty serious discount before I'd bother switching comic stores (like free maybe, heh). I like the folks at Astro, and it's just way too convenient to wander in after class every week.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #188
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabra_dmp View Post
I made a mini research on the different store price for the Fortmax reissue.

BBTS (mark as gift)
FortMax - 329.99$
Shipping - 54$
=====
Total - 383.99$(USD)

Robotkingdom
FortMax - 299.90$
Shipping - 104.74$
=====
Total - 404.64$(USD)

TFsource
FortMax - 349.95$
Shipping - 55.35$ (or free*)
======
Total -349.95$(free shipping*) or 405.30$ (USD)

*On the website I see that if you are over 150$ it suppose to be free shipping but in the checkout screen I still see a price for the shipping of 55.35$

A3U
FortMax - 349.99$
Shipping - 25.99$
======
Total -375.98$(USD)

Automaton toys
Fortmax - 399.99$
shipping - between 25$-40$
======
Total - between 424.99$-439.99$ (CAD no custom)
So, has anyone decided where to get Fort Max from?...I was thinking A3U (I prefer saving a little $ with slower shipping).

Also, any packages I received from BBTS gets hit by customs even with "gift" marked
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #189
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
I don't even recall if I've ever set foot in Cosmix. Where is it again?
It's near the Cote-Vertu metro station (the "other" exit)

I can take you there since I'm really bored during the daytime if you want
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #190
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

Quote:
That's crazy. Montreal isn't even a dangerous city... or at least the bad areas are extremely localized. On the other hand, working the night shift at a gas station is probably the most dangerous job in town.

I wonder there's any correlation between overprotective parents and Transformer addictions?
Mayyyyyybeeeeeeeeee...

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote