Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #41
Pascal
Banned
Re: Thoughts on Studio Series so far?

Got Crowbar yesterday. It's ok but kinda boring at the same time. I really miss the inspired transformations from ROTF.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #42
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Having bought the whole wave 1 so far, here are my full thoughts.

Blackout: Could be bigger in robot mode but honestly outside of the lack of wrist articulation, I love the figure. Rear panels on one side are a little finicky in vehicle mode but otherwise no issues.

Grimlock: Best movie Grimlock. He is a good size, the paint is great and no quality issues on mine. I can live with the club hand as most his AOE art had it. Only thing I dislike is that he does not come with his mace.

Starscream: Upscaled DOTM deluxe with additional molding details, an accurate paint job with proper weapon and wrist articulation. Why has it take n this long to get a Starscream from the movie line with rotating wrists. Slight loose joints in the knees that does not affect the figure.

Optimus Prime: Paints good, colors in general look great and there is a lot of detail in the figure. Love the swords and use of transformation from Evasion Prime and First Edition Prime. Needs his gun and the torso still seems to wide. He is smaller then most voyagers it seems. No real quality issues but the shoulder is loose enough that he cannot hold the large gun from the voyager DOTM Prime (Yes that big cannon that was also packaged with the walmart deluxe version).

Ratchet: DOTM Deluxe 2.0. Same general engineering but slightly smaller figure with more molding detail. Weapon could be better and mine had looser hips but can still stand. I do wish the roof rack would collapse better though.

Crowbar: Dread 3.0. As Pascal said, not a very inspired transformation. Pretty much the same as Berserker with some tweaks. Interesting enough almost everything except the crotch and parts of the vehicle shell have been reworked. With that reworking, he can actually hold his vehicle mode unlike Berserker. No real quality issues.

Stinger: Entirely new mold. Great looking vehicle mode but feels very small. I enjoyed the transformation and he is a big improvement over the AOE version in every way but size. No real quality issues but I wouldn't mind slightly tighter joints.

Bumblebee: I shall call him Mini-Bee. Same general engineering (MPM3 Inspired) as TLK Bee (New version, not AOE) with some tweaks to fit the old alt mode (And a reworked gun arm. Works on a peg at the elbow rather then trying to pull of a mushroom peg). Although some molded parts look the same, nothing was reused as this guy is much smaller then TLK Bumbleebee. Quality issues: The early release from EB Games had a loose right elbow, car doors, and the infamous car roof falling off. The one I picked up at Walmart however had 0 issues. Joints could always be a little tighter but nothing falls off or moves unless you move it or shake him. As of 4 transformations I have yet to have the roof come off.

All in all, I am pretty happy with them. The backdrops are nice to have and they are some of the better detailed versions we have had over the years. You can tell some of them like Blackout, Crowbar, Grimlock and Prime have had time invested in them to try to create more accurate figures. I like that outside Grimlock they are all roughly the correct robot mode scale but I would have to recommend getting them on sale. Going through EBGames I got the Leaders at $62.99 a piece thanks to my Platinum Membership and feel with the paint, quality, and added backdrops, they were worth the extra $3 over recent Prime Wars Trilogy leaders (My Sixshot has loose knees and one was assembled backwards, Rodimus has loose knees. List goes on).

Voyagers at $35.99 weren't bad but I would still wait for $30 and under. Deluxes at 26.99 however, I would recommend waiting until there is a sale for close to $20 and lower.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #43
hardreturn
break the line

Grimlock is fucking aces. So is starscream. and i hate the movies.

Feedback/TFW Feedback/Sales
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #44
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
Having bought the whole wave 1 so far, here are my full thoughts.

Blackout: Could be bigger in robot mode but honestly outside of the lack of wrist articulation, I love the figure. Rear panels on one side are a little finicky in vehicle mode but otherwise no issues.

Grimlock: Best movie Grimlock. He is a good size, the paint is great and no quality issues on mine. I can live with the club hand as most his AOE art had it. Only thing I dislike is that he does not come with his mace.

Starscream: Upscaled DOTM deluxe with additional molding details, an accurate paint job with proper weapon and wrist articulation. Why has it take n this long to get a Starscream from the movie line with rotating wrists. Slight loose joints in the knees that does not affect the figure.

Optimus Prime: Paints good, colors in general look great and there is a lot of detail in the figure. Love the swords and use of transformation from Evasion Prime and First Edition Prime. Needs his gun and the torso still seems to wide. He is smaller then most voyagers it seems. No real quality issues but the shoulder is loose enough that he cannot hold the large gun from the voyager DOTM Prime (Yes that big cannon that was also packaged with the walmart deluxe version).

Ratchet: DOTM Deluxe 2.0. Same general engineering but slightly smaller figure with more molding detail. Weapon could be better and mine had looser hips but can still stand. I do wish the roof rack would collapse better though.

Crowbar: Dread 3.0. As Pascal said, not a very inspired transformation. Pretty much the same as Berserker with some tweaks. Interesting enough almost everything except the crotch and parts of the vehicle shell have been reworked. With that reworking, he can actually hold his vehicle mode unlike Berserker. No real quality issues.

Stinger: Entirely new mold. Great looking vehicle mode but feels very small. I enjoyed the transformation and he is a big improvement over the AOE version in every way but size. No real quality issues but I wouldn't mind slightly tighter joints.

Bumblebee: I shall call him Mini-Bee. Same general engineering (MPM3 Inspired) as TLK Bee (New version, not AOE) with some tweaks to fit the old alt mode (And a reworked gun arm. Works on a peg at the elbow rather then trying to pull of a mushroom peg). Although some molded parts look the same, nothing was reused as this guy is much smaller then TLK Bumbleebee. Quality issues: The early release from EB Games had a loose right elbow, car doors, and the infamous car roof falling off. The one I picked up at Walmart however had 0 issues. Joints could always be a little tighter but nothing falls off or moves unless you move it or shake him. As of 4 transformations I have yet to have the roof come off.

All in all, I am pretty happy with them. The backdrops are nice to have and they are some of the better detailed versions we have had over the years. You can tell some of them like Blackout, Crowbar, Grimlock and Prime have had time invested in them to try to create more accurate figures. I like that outside Grimlock they are all roughly the correct robot mode scale but I would have to recommend getting them on sale. Going through EBGames I got the Leaders at $62.99 a piece thanks to my Platinum Membership and feel with the paint, quality, and added backdrops, they were worth the extra $3 over recent Prime Wars Trilogy leaders (My Sixshot has loose knees and one was assembled backwards, Rodimus has loose knees. List goes on).

Voyagers at $35.99 weren't bad but I would still wait for $30 and under. Deluxes at 26.99 however, I would recommend waiting until there is a sale for close to $20 and lower.
All very well said man. I saw a mod to put the wrists the right way. Takes a little work but looks good. I dunno if it matters much with him though as he kinda rocks.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #45
Pascal
Banned

Well, that Grimlock sure is impressive. The Miley Cirus hand is pretty cool. Surface detailing is insane; even if the overall shape of the t-rex is more suggested than actual, it works, from a distance, it looks busy like the real thing.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #46
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
Bumblebee:The one I picked up at Walmart however had 0 issues. Joints could always be a little tighter but nothing falls off or moves unless you move it or shake him. As of 4 transformations I have yet to have the roof come off.
That is really cool. Wish I could find one like that. The ones I have found so far were so bad the roof was floating around in the box already unattached.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 04-30-2018 at 01:04 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #47
Longshot
Pretender

I have both Blackout and Optimus but had to return Optimus due to stress marks appearing on the windshield where his arms are hinged.
Pure love for Blackout, and the Optimus looked good with the mechanical detailing but I was a little disappointed with the defect I experienced.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #48
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I only have Grimlock, can confirm, it's a stellar figure.

Blackout also looks good but have yet to see one in person.

The others... meh, nothing else really excites. Was originally stoked for Voyager Brawl, but the more I look at it, the less I want it.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #49
Pgianos
Banned

ONLY if blackout had paint I would but it instantly but it looks like a kit model
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #50
Pascal
Banned

Blackout has plenty of paint apps, it's just that they're not super noticeable. I see at least 20 in robot mode. Sometimes it's clear plastic painted, grey plastic painted just a shade darker, black, silver, etc.