Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
sachiel_ca
Beasty
Fans Project Crossfire 02

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...il&picture=out

I know it isn't up on the Automaton site but I was wondering if anyone knew if they will be carrying the Crossfire 02 set. Mario?

Last edited by sachiel_ca; 10-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master
Re: Fans Project Crossfire 02

Yeah Im curious about this too. Also which site can you preorder without paying up front?
Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I would be willing to bet most will but, I wouldn't be surprised that major online retailers wouldn't. The last few FP items have only ever been marked up by 10-15% instead of the traditional 30%. I've heard some say they lost money on selling FP due to the high cost of purchase.

It will be interesting to see who carries what. Most only carried the Casualty line because it would look bad on them if they didn't.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Nullray
IGC

It would be awesome it people got a chance to own a set. I am curious to see where this goes as well. On their Facebook page they had a poll for the recolour.

http://www.fansproject.com/

They said yes to the Poll.

I still think that a redeco from Takara for $130usd pls shipping is a bit much. This was being liquidated once for 20can.

$130 Bruticus
$130 FP 02 set
Shipping $25ish
$285 pls the always BBTS import surcharges and UPS ding
It is up around $325 to own this thing.

Worth it?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Hhai
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I would be willing to bet most will but, I wouldn't be surprised that major online retailers wouldn't. The last few FP items have only ever been marked up by 10-15% instead of the traditional 30%. I've heard some say they lost money on selling FP due to the high cost of purchase.

It will be interesting to see who carries what. Most only carried the Casualty line because it would look bad on them if they didn't.
That doesn't make any sense. Most FP products sell like hot cakes. How can retailers lost money on them? Maybe I need a Transformers-Capitalism 101 course to understand...
Old 10-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
It would be awesome it people got a chance to own a set. I am curious to see where this goes as well. On their Facebook page they had a poll for the recolour.

http://www.fansproject.com/

They said yes to the Poll.

I still think that a redeco from Takara for $130usd pls shipping is a bit much. This was being liquidated once for 20can.

$130 Bruticus
$130 FP 02 set
Shipping $25ish
$285 pls the always BBTS import surcharges and UPS ding
It is up around $325 to own this thing.

Worth it?
I have the Energon Devy, plus Flameblast and Warcry. All I plan on doing is using the main body from devy and Flame and War for the other limbs...I wouldnt mind a Barricade or Onsluaght of the proper mold though.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
I have the Energon Devy, plus Flameblast and Warcry. All I plan on doing is using the main body from devy and Flame and War for the other limbs...I wouldnt mind a Barricade or Onsluaght of the proper mold though.

That sound like a great idea. Post some pics after you get this together. So far to date this combination is the best rendition of Bruticus. I am building my TFC Uranus first before I pull the trigger on this guy.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
Perceptor
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
Yeah Im curious about this too. Also which site can you preorder without paying up front?
BBTS you can preorder without paying first... but once the item arrives and is ready to ship (or goes into your "Pile of loot") they charge your credit card.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhai View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Most FP products sell like hot cakes. How can retailers lost money on them? Maybe I need a Transformers-Capitalism 101 course to understand...
Supply and demand. Retailer price on the insecticons were anywhere between $45-$60 depending on amount purchased. Smaller local importers paid higher prices over those who bought 1,000 plus. If memory serves me correctly BBTS lost by a few bucks or broke dead even on the sale of the insecticons because the initial purchase price was so high. Well, why would they stock them you ask?

Because it's better to offer those products along side other desired products so people will purchase more at one time. Bait like "combine shipping and save!" usually puts the final nail in that coffin.

It's no different then upselling an apple pie or two at McDonald's or being told you should replace other fluids and filters when you go in for a $20 oil change.

Most TF fans would probably boycott and shit talk an online retailer for not carrying something that they want, regardless of rhyme or reason. I'm seeing it a lot in fact with RobotKingdom because they haven't put up a pre-order for Assaulter yet.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote