Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #21
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Meet new friends!

The bar is not your typical closed area bar where sound can't escape. It's an open part of the hotel and the stereotype of it being a BLASTING MUSIC LOUD BAR is not a factor. Heck most people hang out in front of it anyhow.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
The bar is not your typical closed area bar where sound can't escape. It's an open part of the hotel and the stereotype of it being a BLASTING MUSIC LOUD BAR is not a factor. Heck most people hang out in front of it anyhow.
Pretty much this. I have been to many cons, but this one has the biggest and most welcoming social atmosphere, even in and around the bar. It wasn't too loud, everybody was friendly and welcoming. So even for those people who hate the Bar atmosphere, it's still worth checking out, because it's not your typical bar atmosphere. All are welcome to come and hang with everybody else, regardless of who you are!
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I had the same problem at a BotCon bar that was even less enclosed than the TFCon bar. It's got nothing to do with blasting music and bouncing soundwaves and everything to do with half a dozen or more conversations within a small area. (each competing with each other to be loud enough to hear)
and I came down to the TFCon bar last year and it was the same.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
I had the same problem at a BotCon bar that was even less enclosed than the TFCon bar. It's got nothing to do with blasting music and bouncing soundwaves and everything to do with half a dozen or more conversations within a small area. (each competing with each other to be loud enough to hear)
and I came down to the TFCon bar last year and it was the same.
See, I have a hearing issue where too many conversations overwhelms the auditory area of my brain and I did just fine for most of the bar area. I loved it myself - and i loved the open concept they had

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
Protoman
The Legend

See the problem is you are all forgetting one key thing.

Friday is where you break the ice and meet people, when you then have those connections, the Saturday/Sunday BAR STOOOOF is a cake walk cause now you got BROS.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #26
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
See the problem is you are all forgetting one key thing.

Friday is where you break the ice and meet people, when you then have those connections, the Saturday/Sunday BAR STOOOOF is a cake walk cause now you got BROS.
But consider the fact that not everyone goes to the Friday,so Saturday is pretty much mingling with people in and out the Dealer's Room.

Ravage X-9:I understand where you're coming from.Luckily the thing about TFCon is that there is more than enough room to make friends in small,non-crowded places.I recall back in TFCon '10 that I spent about three hours in conversation with General Tekno,malwave,and a personal friend of mine outside the foyer.There is plenty of space in the Saturday night outside of the bar.You can go if you want to,everyone is friendly there,but if you're like me and need a 'breather' from the large social crowd,just bring your closest confidants and just hang out outside.Regardless,you'll get a fine experience out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!

Last edited by TMIIWonkoNemises; 02-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
friends, ohio