Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #1
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Transformers PSP Game - What do you think?

I picked this up yesterday and have played it on and off since then. Overall I'd say it is not bad... not great, but not bad either.

The controls are difficult to get used to at first. This game really needs a second analog stick to make it work smoother.

The combat is ok. I found it tricky to lock on to targets and basically relied on melee attacks to kill most everything so far.

Transforming is fun. Not as fun as in the Armada game. I would have liked to be able to run full steam at an enemy and switch modes at the last second. Alas, this is not the case... or I'm doing it wrong.

The graphics feel really... what's the right word here... clunky. I would have hoped that things were smoother here. Maybe this was the best the PSP could offer, but I just expect more.

So far, the story is actually pretty decent. I'm only on the Shockwave level so far (Yes... you play as Shockwave and he kicks all kinds of ass!), but the story seems to flow very nicely.

I have not tried multiplayer yet, so if anyone has any experience with this post it up.

So far, I'd give this an average rating. Get it if you absolutely need a Transformer video game fix right now. I'm hoping for so much more with the console versions.

What have you guys thought?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Transformers PSP Game - What do you think?

I plan to get the PC version; it'll offer every unique feature that each specific console version only has. Best bang for your buck.

Plus, possibly better graphics on a powerful PC instead.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
yuppa
Generation 1

i picked up autobots for the ds, excellent game in my opinion, graphics are smooth, detail is acceptable.. tapping the touchscreen to transform is fast and easy, but yeah the auto-lock doesn't work well.. needs a cycle target button lol...

anyways autobots will win! *submits wi-fi score*
yuppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I was thinking of getting the PSP version due to my lack of PSP games but what I saw and heard from the DS version is what made me get it instead. I have to say I'm quite impressd with it and if I could just disable my damn firewall I would play the multiplayer as well.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 AM   #5
Protoman
The Legend

I picked up the DS Autobot version and the PSP one. Without a doubt the DS version is just plain love for Transformers fans. Make your own Autobot, pick a cool alt mode, give it some color and decal and away you go. Your now part of the war.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #6
Bumblebee78
Robot Master

I picked up the Decepticons DS game and I do not regret it! It is a very nice game. It's interesting to learn details about the bad guys from their point of view.

I wanted to buy the PSP too but, from what I heard, it is not that great.

Will probably but the PS3 game when it is out next week.
Bumblebee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

I don't have the PSP game but I do have both DS versions and it's a great game! I plan on getting the PSP version and Wii version later on.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote