Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #61
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: HasLab War For Cybertron Unicron New Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
... I was clearly talking about THIS Unicron, that's what this thread is about, not the general concept of Unicron, Jesus... I don't like THIS Unicron either, but my friend who is buying it isn't stupid because he likes it.
I think this Unicron has too much kibble, the colour is completely wrong, and depending on colour and price, I would be interested in the Zeta release. If Hasbro's Unicron was the right colour, and wasn't a shellformer, I'd be totally ok paying that much for something so big, if I had the money to spare at the time of course.

Don't bring religion into this. You might offend more people lol. People are super sensitive now a days.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #62
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
Yup that's what I ment about screwing us for years I still feel it's going to get worse after this though.
Only get worse. I couldn't justify the pricetag on Refraktor so I returned it. We are paying way to much for just for the parts to make the camera and Kremzeek, which value wise should maybe make it 10.00 more, not, what is it, 40.00 more?

It's definitely going to get worse as far as retails go for HasTak. Even if you look at the Titan figures. Omega, the core of the figure, is basic, much like Trypticon, Metroplex and retooled Fort Max are. For what we pay for these giant figures, they are pretty bare bones in the transformation department, but they cost over 200.00 ea. It's a lot for basic engineering. Honestly, I hate the idea of Scorponok possibly being a retool of Omega. I really hope not.

Last edited by joshimus; 09-30-2019 at 03:49 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:15 PM   #63
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Only get worse. I couldn't justify the pricetag on Refraktor so I returned it. We are paying way to much for just for the parts to make the camera and Kremzeek, which value wise should maybe make it 10.00 more, not, what is it, 40.00 more?

It's definitely going to get worse as far as retails go for HasTak. Even if you look at the Titan figures. Omega, the core of the figure, is basic, much like Trypticon, Metroplex and retooled Fort Max are. For what we pay for these giant figures, they are pretty bare bones in the transformation department, but they cost over 200.00 ea. It's a lot for basic engineering. Honestly, I hate the idea of Scorponok possibly being a retool of Omega. I really hope not.
?

The refraktor box set was ten dollars more. The individual deluxe toys are $30 each. Buying three single-packed Refraktors costs ninety before tax.

Both are overpriced, but it is not a forty dollar difference between 3x identical toys vs 3x differently painted toys + extra stuffs.

NOW. I fully agree with you that the chug shit is wildly overpriced right now. thirty dollars for any of those deluxes is a laff. they are not ten dollars better, ten dollars painted better, any of that shit, compared to the Prime Wars trilogy toys. They have a different aesthetic but it's better or worse depending on aspect or personal taste. Studio Series has a ton more detail and little extras so they are more justified, but I still have a tough time with thirty bucks on a deluxe.

And Unicron ... well.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #64
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
?

The refraktor box set was ten dollars more. The individual deluxe toys are $30 each. Buying three single-packed Refraktors costs ninety before tax.
Really? I thought the individuals were the smaller scale 20.00 ones. This is exactly my point. Even 30.00 for the single is ridiculous.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:16 AM   #65
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Really? I thought the individuals were the smaller scale 20.00 ones. This is exactly my point. Even 30.00 for the single is ridiculous.
Yep, siege deluxe/voyager/leader all received ten dollar price jumps per class.

And I entirely agree. Thirty bucks for a deluxe is asinine.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #66
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:

shows you how much I have been buying lately. haha.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #67
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Another wonderful example of how money-grubbing HasTak has become lately is their Generations Selects Seacon Combiner. For the whole set, they're charging $360 (5 deluxes× $55 and 1 voyager × $85). On top of that you'll probably a have to buy a 3P upgrade kit to make the combined mode look decent (so now it's at least $400 for a Combiner Wars quality combiner). I understand that it's "Generations Selects", but the price is already double the average CW combiner. Predaking was larger and was only $220.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #68
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:

As someone who loves sales, this has been the toughest pill to swallow and has really helped me cut back on CHUG

I used to get all figs in a wave back in TR/POTP, only select few would be put off - if there were figs I was "on the fence about", would get them anyways and usually they turned out to be fun

The price jumps, compared with TRU's recent less-good sales since US went under (when the last time voyagers were half off? leaders at 40% off?), death of WWS/SSS coupons and WalMart's no sales ever, has REALLY had me scaling back and being more selective on what I purchase

There hasn't been a single goddamned sale/promotion since TRU US went under (for TRU Canada) where you could get a Siege deluxe for under $20 CAD, and I have been watching

But to get back on topic -> I simply haven't bought a Unicron cause can't afford, no horse in the race either way
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #69
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
As someone who loves sales, this has been the toughest pill to swallow and has really helped me cut back on CHUG

I used to get all figs in a wave back in TR/POTP, only select few would be put off - if there were figs I was "on the fence about", would get them anyways and usually they turned out to be fun

The price jumps, compared with TRU's recent less-good sales since US went under (when the last time voyagers were half off? leaders at 40% off?), death of WWS/SSS coupons and WalMart's no sales ever, has REALLY had me scaling back and being more selective on what I purchase

There hasn't been a single goddamned sale/promotion since TRU US went under (for TRU Canada) where you could get a Siege deluxe for under $20 CAD, and I have been watching

But to get back on topic -> I simply haven't bought a Unicron cause can't afford, no horse in the race either way
Correct. We used to see a lot more 25 or 30% off sales for TFs, on the regular.

I don't buy as many TFs as I used to anyway, but the reality is there are several figures I would probably buy for funsies... if the price wasn't what it was. When deluxe and voyagers are STILL above the old price point even on sale, it's just... no thanks. It's too much. So the impulse buy or "on the fence but why not" buy is gone. I probably would have bought Hound, Red Alert, Soundwave if they were 25/35 bucks and then on sale.

*shrugs*

If you can afford Unicron in your fun money budget, more power to you. Even if I could, though, I don't like supporting that kind of cost level or precedent. I'd rather buy a Switch.