Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-31-2021, 05:23 PM   #581
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
To follow up:

Please email readerschoice@metroland.com if you wish to voice your concern on NMC Toys being allowed to be nominated on this list. He's under the Shopping > Collectibles Shop category.

FAQ link: https://d292rtonams1uk.cloudfront.ne...80f14d97f8.pdf

It would be good for any of you that have lost money completely in part or in full to make your complaints known to Toronto Star media. Also, if you felt verbally abused, share your experience with them as well with documented examples.

There is also Consumer Alerts via CTV news out of Toronto, a reporter named Pat Foran have been dealing with these issues for many years. He can be written to at alert@ctv.ca. You can also inquire with him what the best approach might be towards these issues.

If you feel you have been the victim of fraud as well, and in the event you had money taken without the sales contract being fulfilled, this should be mentioned when you speak with Paypal and your CC company, even if past their time for filing. For many crimes in Canada there is no time limit, and those companies should respect that if the issue is money being taken and you being ignored, and not just a misunderstanding with a seller. You might want to ask the police for help in registering this information.

Consumer Protection agencies from the Federal Govt or Provinces might not have the legal teeth to pursue an action as often it is not fraud or criminal cases they can help with, but issues around buyer beware situations. With most companies a misrepresented contract of sale is a civil court matter, what you seek in small claims, and they often will not help beyond directing you to the right place.

Since money being taken might constitute a crime if never rectified, fraud is a Criminal Code offence, you might wish to also contact the Toronto Police Services Financial Crimes Unit and ask for guidance: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/financialcrimes/

Considering the attention he has received from those at TorStar, this issue will surely affect alot more people. I have not had any significant issues with him myself, but if you feel you have and you have outright lost money or feel he has been abusive in the process of seeking justice, make it known.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:23 PM   #582
Solauren
Generation 1

Everyone; a suggestion

Find other threads like this on other boards. Copy the links to here as you find them to prevent duplication.

Let's send them all to the Toronto Star, various Ontario agencies, etc, and the RCMP. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police aka Federal Police aka Canada's version of the F.B.I for our non-Canadian members/friends), oh and CP24 (Major news station in Southern Ontario, they have a consumer protection segment and would rip this guy a new one)

Hopefully, doing so, we can get something going against him.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:43 AM   #583
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

His ads have recently started popping up on my Facebook again so as usual, I keep reporting it as a scam

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #584
Fab
Generation 1

I never noticed that on the Yelp page for NMC (1.6 stars) there is a link for additional 25 reviews (not recommended by the Yelp algorithm because written by non-active members).

Seven 5 stars reviews were written on the same day April 22, 2021

There are othe two 5 stars and the rest are 1 star. This made me chuckle:
Quote:
This company is Canada's equivalent to Amy's Baking Company and Austin Da Silva (Silveira) is Amy AND Samy Bouzaglo
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:12 AM   #585
Fermix
Generation 2

The same thing happens on Yellowpages. Every once in a while there is a surge of 5 star reviews within a 72 hour window, and then nothing. We already know he was doing $20 coupons for people giving 5 star reviews on Google. Fortunately, it seems the negative reviews have caught up to him, and his new NMC Google Page has a lower rating than his Northmen Collectibles page ever did.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:46 PM   #586
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
The same thing happens on Yellowpages. Every once in a while there is a surge of 5 star reviews within a 72 hour window, and then nothing. We already know he was doing $20 coupons for people giving 5 star reviews on Google. Fortunately, it seems the negative reviews have caught up to him, and his new NMC Google Page has a lower rating than his Northmen Collectibles page ever did.
And the surge of positive reviews are often just star reviews with no feedback and always occur after a slew of legit negative reviews. Fishy has hell.
I reported one of the reviews I saw that had the last name "DeSilvia" as being a conflict of interest. It was obviously someone related to him that he asked to leave a glowing review. Surprisingly, google actually removed it.

I'm happy his shitty rating finally surpassed the old review page. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes along with another review incentive sale.
Although after he was called out on it for being against google terms of service, the sale coincidentally and suddenly "ran its course" that very same day.

One thing I find interesting with him is that he treats people so badly, that they don't forget. We're not talking about a misunderstanding between two people. He pisses people off so much that they actively keep tabs on how shitty he's doing. It's quite remarkable he's able to achieve that level of spite

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 09-30-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #587
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Wife getting FB ads for NMC's Thanksgiving promotion

Just to re-iterate, we have NEVER bought anything from them
Why are we getting these ads!
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #588
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

cookies, IP, targeted paid advertising, you already know why
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #589
Solauren
Generation 1

Everyone, time to hammer this guy....

My first suggestion is go to here, and complain....

http://www.patforan.com/3758/Contact-Pat-Foran.htm

CP24 is a local news program that does Consumer Alerts. If they raise a stink, people notice.

Last edited by Solauren; 10-28-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:25 PM   #590
Endlessdark
Generation 2

Good thing I found this thread and other reviews.

I was going to order the McFarlane Swamp Thing. Certainly won’t now.
Endlessdark is offline   Reply With Quote