Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-04-2021, 11:16 PM   #181
Moogleknight
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Did you ever get your order?
Does he just hope people will just forget that they ordered something from him and never have to send it out?
If so, there was a store in Australia that tried this and eventually got shut down and faced charges for all of their shenanigans. Perhaps this guy may be looking forward to a similar future.

Anyone that still has outstanding orders, maybe over 6 months (I think is the time limit??), should be looking into this.
Never got my order, and when I stopped following up, I was never contacted again. I didn't lose a large amount, so cut my losses and didn't invest any more time in the matter. It just wasn't worth it
Moogleknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:38 PM   #182
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The hilarious parts are when buddy posts things and thinks he has pwnd the bad reviewers...except he always looks like a prick towards reasonable folks. 😃🤷😃🤷🤷😂😂😬😃

His responses come across very insular and aggressive... Its almost comical if people were not getting ripped off.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:34 AM   #183
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Wait so he won't refund my order, no matter how many times I ask? Should I contact my CC company about this?
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #184
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
Wait so he won't refund my order, no matter how many times I ask? Should I contact my CC company about this?
Who knows. He'll charge you a "restocking fee" on product he never got in. I ended up contacting my bank (I used a visa debit) and escalated it to get the amount back he withheld. If it's PayPal I don't know where you stand based on timing. Gl.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:01 PM   #185
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
A3u (make sure Canadian sure)

Toy snowman
2x this. Both are excellent, and have great Customer Service.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #186
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Alright so I took a chance on Northmen in September and while I DID pick "locker" options till it all came in, it's been 6 months and they still hasn't received a bunch of stuff that was released elsewhere months ago.

I read all the negative reviews AFTER I placed my order and had hoped to avoid confronting the owner directly, but I was complacent and my Paypal 180 day window just ended.

Does anyone have advice on what to do next?

I was going to ask them to just send what they have (about half of my order) and to cancel the rest. Am I just asking for abuse?

Is there any other option besides a Paypal dispute without going to full-blown small claims court?
Old 03-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #187
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Alright so I took a chance on Northmen in September and while I DID pick "locker" options till it all came in, it's been 6 months and they still hasn't received a bunch of stuff that was released elsewhere months ago.

I read all the negative reviews AFTER I placed my order and had hoped to avoid confronting the owner directly, but I was complacent and my Paypal 180 day window just ended.

I was going to ask them to just send what they have (about half of my order) and to cancel the rest. Am I just asking for abuse?

Is there any other option besides a Paypal dispute without going to full-blown small claims court?
The one time I pre-ordered there, only 1/4 of the items had arrived after several months. but then, I had been made aware of the problems with that store and knew it would be a fight to try and my money back, so I contacted the owner and asked to substitute the pre-ordered items with some that were in stock (Came out to the same price; I wasn't about to give them more money that's for sure). Once that was done, the order shipped and I got it promptly and in good condition.

But yeah, I won't be ordering there again. It's unfortunate because initially, it appeared to be a nice option for collectors.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #188
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Yeah, I only ordered because of the promise of preorders that were sold out elsewhere and I wanted to buy Canadian. Since then I have preordered from A3U and even bought stuff that was already in my NMC order...
Old 03-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #189
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:

I'd still try to do a Paypal dispute resolution. Even though it's past the window they still might be willing to look at it if you explain the circumstances because it's dealing with failure to deliver on an outstanding order instead of someone who just left a shonky completed order for 6 months after it was done before they bothered trying to fix it after the fact. NMC still technically owes you and the order is still open.

Worst Paypal can do is say "nope, sorry" and you're no worse off than you are right now. Best case they can actually help you and you don't need to worry about any other more difficult courses of action.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:10 PM   #190
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

Call Paypal instead of using the online resolution center (since it's reached the 6 month window, online won't work). They may be able to help you via phone call. If not, try your credit card company. I wouldn't try to shift the preorder to something else. Don't give the owner the benefit of the doubt. He promised you what you ordered, you paid up front and he did not fulfill the order.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote