Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #471
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Hasbro Pulse Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
You'd think that 40% would fell like a lot more
I'll agree; based on my perception of how much toy prices have raised, it certainly seems like "sale pricing" is pretty heckin' similar to "just, what toys used to cost"

With that said, I'll take it
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:55 PM   #472
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
That's because shipping is the same regardless of how much you buy. At a certain treshold, this becomes the deal of the decade. Here is how much it came out for me:

Deluxes are $13 USD, so 17 CAD instead of 35 CAD if bought locally
Voyagers (and that exclusive fossilizer triceratops) is only $20 USD, so 25 CAD instead of 48 CAD if bought locally
And the Jurassic park set is only $63 USD so 80 CAD instead of 138 CAD if bought locally

I bought 3 voyager priced figures, 5 deluxes and the Jurassic Park set for a total of 323 CAD shipping and taxes included.

If bought locally, that would have been 525 CAD taxes included.

So I just saved $200 CAD, so 40% off the local prices.

Plus I now have a Pulse exclusive that was never available here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I'll agree; based on my perception of how much toy prices have raised, it certainly seems like "sale pricing" is pretty heckin' similar to "just, what toys used to cost"

With that said, I'll take it
Well that's just it... it really depends on how much you're getting before it hits that number of turning into the savings, but how many are going to be spending over 200-300$ to make the most of it.

I considered getting a Titan (Ark or BZ) but both have issues that for me I'd have to get the kits to fix them, so I just stopped considering either of them.

If they had a few older figures, I probably would consider getting more, but when even the three I selected are "pushing" it for me (one that I already have, one that I'd get if cheap enough, and one that was a "sure, I need to hit that 75$") it kills it.

But anyways, my post is just to provide the perspective that the deal doesn't add up that much with just the minimal 75$ worth of figures (of 2 Voyagers and 1 deluxe) and that one needs to consider a large enough purchase to truly take advantage of it.

Considering that we've had sales that took Voyagers and deluxes at anywhere from 5$ - 14$ -20 $ -24$ in the last year, it might be worth it to hope for such sales for any "maybe" figures.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-02-2022 at 02:58 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #473
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap View Post
Hasbropulse has 40% off next few days on eligible items if you spend $75. Great time to pick up figures you've been waiting for price to drop. Got agent ravage and tricranius both for less what ravage would have been at usual price.
Fuck. I am totally broke. It feels like too long since anywhere has done such a great sale like this. =D

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #474
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Considering that we've had sales that took Voyagers and deluxes at anywhere from 5$ - 14$ -20 $ -24$ in the last year, it might be worth it to hope for such sales for any "maybe" figures.
Which sales are you referring to? Both Walmart and Toysrus have had very little in terms of sales (TRU is a lost case anyway). Amazon was ok, but the deals werent as good as this one. And even now at clearance prices, Walmart still sells deluxes at $26. I'd be curious to know where anyone has gotten studio series deluxes at $18 this past year, which is what this current deal gives us all now.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:29 PM   #475
Marcotron
Robot Master

I was pondering getting a Perceptor and a Wreck-Gar, and a Blurr.
But now Perceptor is sold out, so I'm reconsidering the whole thing.

The shipping is 21.99 via fedex, which is more than any of the figures are costing. So that's pretty much the deal breaker for me.

On top of that, it's hard to compare the US dollar values to what we'd pay here in Canada, as the conversion would probably make it closer anyways.

Good sale, congrats to everyone who got some big ticket items for reasonable prices.

Perhaps this sale means the sales upcoming at retail may be a little more enticing than the usual "save the tax-ish 20% off" things we've been seeing for the past few years. A plastic crack addict can only hope.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:34 PM   #476
andersox
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I was pondering getting a Perceptor and a Wreck-Gar, and a Blurr.
But now Perceptor is sold out, so I'm reconsidering the whole thing.
I could be persuaded to sell you Perceptor and Wreck-Gar if interested (PM me if you are.)
andersox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #477
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
On top of that, it's hard to compare the US dollar values to what we'd pay here in Canada, as the conversion would probably make it closer anyways.
It can be hard but I wrote it down in the post to help you guys out, here it is again. We get screwed on our toy prices all the time anyway in Canada with them being more than the converted rate.

Current Sale Prices:

Deluxes are $13 USD, so 17 CAD instead of 35 CAD if bought locally (you save $18 per deluxe)

Voyagers are $20 USD, so 25 CAD instead of 48 CAD if bought locally (you save $23 per voyager)

And the Jurassic park set is only $63 USD so 80 CAD instead of 138 CAD if bought locally (you save $58)

Quote:
Perhaps this sale means the sales upcoming at retail may be a little more enticing than the usual "save the tax-ish 20% off" things we've been seeing for the past few years. A plastic crack addict can only hope.
One isn't an indication of another. This sale is directly from Hasbro (the supplier). You can't compare to any other standard retailer, since this is basically a warehouse sale. They can afford to sell at 40% off (unlike any of our retailers) since their product cost is at least 50% cheaper than any retailer. Like imfallenangel posted, we might get some ridiculous short lived clearance sales from walmart, but we can't know for sure if the toys on sale at hasbro now will be there (or if we'll be quick enough to get anything).

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 06-02-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:04 PM   #478
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Which sales are you referring to? Both Walmart and Toysrus have had very little in terms of sales (TRU is a lost case anyway). Amazon was ok, but the deals werent as good as this one. And even now at clearance prices, Walmart still sells deluxes at $26. I'd be curious to know where anyone has gotten studio series deluxes at $18 this past year, which is what this current deal gives us all now.
In the last two year:

A few months ago, Walmart was selling a LOT of the Kingdom figures at 14$, got several of them.

Rodimus was a good 40% off on Amazon around the Black Friday time/ just before Christmas (and still was reduce last time I checked, just not as much) and came out lower than leader prices.

Walmart had a few liquidation sales in stores where I got a few figures for 15$ (deluxes) more than once. The first clearance of Siege was at 5$ for Voyagers and such. And then the massive restock of Siege that again, dropped to sales of 15$ (or so).

I also got some rainchecks for both Kingdom and Earthrise for the 20% sales at TrU and paid something like 22$ for deluxes.

Overall, I have army built, got extras/spares "in case", and a few that I wouldn't have otherwise.

So the sales absolutely do happen, but the tend to be short lived and sell out very fast.

Hell, right now, I'm going to check Amazon to see if this Hasbro sale might kick their algorithm into a price drop.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:14 PM   #479
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
In the last two year:

A few months ago, Walmart was selling a LOT of the Kingdom figures at 14$, got several of them.

Rodimus was a good 40% off on Amazon around the Black Friday time/ just before Christmas (and still was reduce last time I checked, just not as much) and came out lower than leader prices.

Walmart had a few liquidation sales in stores where I got a few figures for 15$ (deluxes) more than once. The first clearance of Siege was at 5$ for Voyagers and such. And then the massive restock of Siege that again, dropped to sales of 15$ (or so).

I also got some rainchecks for both Kingdom and Earthrise for the 20% sales at TrU and paid something like 22$ for deluxes.

Overall, I have army built, got extras/spares "in case", and a few that I wouldn't have otherwise.

So the sales absolutely do happen, but the tend to be short lived and sell out very fast.

Hell, right now, I'm going to check Amazon to see if this Hasbro sale might kick their algorithm into a price drop.
Good idea, I'll go check it out too. And yeah, I do remember some of those sales. But wow, Siege feels like so long ago (the pandemic makes me feel like it's been years).
Old 06-02-2022, 07:42 PM   #480
Stealthoptimus
Generation 1

If anyone in GTA wants to split to reduce the shipping, maybe we can coordinate? Considering $30 USD plus tax and exchange comes around $44 of shipping, which isn't insignificant. I can price at whatever USD plus HST and 1.30 (rough prevailing exchange rate right now)? If too difficult, I might just go ahead myself
Stealthoptimus is offline   Reply With Quote