Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #4351
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Ark wasn't (really) a G1 robot character.
I can imagine that (many) original G1 fans don't have the same attachment to Ark as a robot as they would with other character personalities presented in the 1980s.

If they just made Ark as a spaceship which opened up into an Autobot base diorama and sold it for $100, it would probably be more popular. If I had it, I doubt I'd ever keep it in Robot mode. For $200+, it's an easy pass for me.

With people ordering 5 of them and returning 4, so that they receive the best price and the least dinged box, I'll be happy to wait until the price drops.

For $150 including taxes and shipping, I might consider it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #4352
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
theres suppose to be a second scorp run happening. Talk to someone like toysnowman to see if there are plans for re-stock?

The second Scroponok run has already happened. TFToys shipped their allotment already and is now reading as sold out on their website. Some retailers may have extras or get cancellations/returns, but I imagine the clock is ticking at this point.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #4353
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
this been my approach for all titans, but caused me to miss out on Omega & Scorp, so bucked my own trend and pre-ordered BZ as soon as it was available

aftermarket on Omega & Scorp is not gonna be kind, ugh
Both are available now at Big Bad Toy Store. I got my Omega from there.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/117459

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/88344

If you can get them a US location, the Pile of Loot and $4 shipping is hard to beat. If you have to ship to Canada, the shipping and duties will give you a beating :-)

My NYC office was still closed at the time, so I shipped Omega to Montreal. Cost me nearly $100 CAD with shipping, import and duty.

My next order was sent to the office to wait for my eventual trip to the states. :-)
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #4354
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Possibly less demand than anticipated? I know a lot of collectors myself included who normally get all the titans felt this was overpriced for what you get.

I'm holding off to see if it goes cheaper, if not I'm not overly concerned about skipping it.
This is how I feel. I actually ordered it from Amazon and after watching a few videos and staring at a few pics, I cancelled it the next day and bough a castle Grayskull instead. The bang for buck with the ark just isn’t there. IMHO, it’s a meh bot and the alt mode isn’t enough to make up for it. Bargain bin sure, but otherwise it’s a skip.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:09 PM   #4355
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Got charged for $189 Ark.
Is that with taxes and shipping?
Old 09-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #4356
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Is that with taxes and shipping?
I believe $189 is before tax -- that's the lowest price I saw on Amazon.ca so far.
At that price, Amazon typically would offer regular shipping for free.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #4357
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
If you can get them a US location, the Pile of Loot and $4 shipping is hard to beat
Yeah I love BBTS' PileofLoot, used it couple of times in the past
Also got a myUSaddress in Ogdensburg, have sent all my BBTS shipments there for that flat four bucks USD

But (incoming rant on myUSaddress) the pandemic & border closure have made it expensive to (pay them to push it through customs for you), and they currently closed both depots (they got a Canadian depot in Prescott), so can't currently pick up packages directly from them

So at this exact moment in time, sending packages there pretty much guarantees a big fee for them shipping cross-border and straight to your door, which enough that I sometimes wonder if asking BBTS to ship straight over, wouldn't be better/faster

Keeping an eye on that Sept 21 in any event, since that's the current "maybe we'll open the land border again...naw it's extended another month lol"

Which myUSaddress seems to be keeping their doors shuttered until
They'll still ship out from Ogdensburg, but even if I was allowed to cross the border, if I drive up and knock on the door "f*ck off we're closed to the public, pay us the fees like everyone else"
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #4358
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Got a shipping notice for the ark should be here on Sept 14.
$215 99 shipped awesome.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:11 PM   #4359
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Ark wasn't (really) a G1 robot character.
I can imagine that (many) original G1 fans don't have the same attachment to Ark as a robot as they would with other character personalities presented in the 1980s.

If they just made Ark as a spaceship which opened up into an Autobot base diorama and sold it for $100, it would probably be more popular. If I had it, I doubt I'd ever keep it in Robot mode. For $200+, it's an easy pass for me.

With people ordering 5 of them and returning 4, so that they receive the best price and the least dinged box, I'll be happy to wait until the price drops.

For $150 including taxes and shipping, I might consider it.
Got ark mostly for ship mode. That diorama idea would have been the best. A foldout autobots base interior with teletran (I know we get that anyways), ratchets medlab or wheeljacks lab and maybe energon bar cell for Decepticon prisoners lol. Would have been great.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:29 PM   #4360
ManitobaMando
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
I believe $189 is before tax -- that's the lowest price I saw on Amazon.ca so far.
At that price, Amazon typically would offer regular shipping for free.

I lucked out and locked in at $181. After taxes, $211. Free shipping.

I get asked "why the Ark?" alot when I mention it. Ship mode is fine, but I rather dig the bot mode as well. If they went ahead with a Nemesis, I would likely be interested in that as well. I mean, I can build on another room for display, right? Right?
ManitobaMando is offline   Reply With Quote