Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #71
Fermix
Generation 2
Re: Northmen Collectibles - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
For the dispute scenario, I mentioned this before in this thread, and Northmen replied to me with that we wouldn't win the dispute if we complained to Paypal or a credit card company. He has no more rights than a seller on Ebay, so if the product can't be delivered on time, Paypal will make the dispute in favor of the buyer (they will get a FULL refund). Over 8 months is an unreasonable amount of time, so Paypal or the CC company would get you a refund.
You can tell the statement made is wrong just by reasoning it out.

If I open a "shop" with my 15% shelving fee, what is to stop me from taking "pre-orders," not delivering for months on end, and profiting off of shelving fees ad nauseum? (Of course, you wouldn't want to do that because bad publicity would do you in.) This is why buyer protection exists with credit cards.

Even if "every single credit card claim" was won, scouring the web for reviews/complaints will show you that the credit card dispute was enough to get a full refund from NC in the end. Not much of a victory.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #72
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
People who have bad experiences have a tendency to tell everyone they know, and in this day of social media takes that to a whole new level.

I learned this while working at Cineplex. It's called "The Rule of 11". A satisfied customer will tell one or two people about their experience, a dissatisfied customer will tell at least 11.
And as Wervenom pointed out, in this day and age of social media, that "11" could easily blossom into 111, or 1100, or 11,000! Hope that $28 is worth it.

I get what Northmen is saying about being burned by cancellations in the past, by people finding it cheaper somewhere else. I was faced with just this situation about a month or so ago.

I had pre-ordered Siege Jetfire through TFToys.ca, and LITERALLY the very next day, it pops up on TRU for the exact same price with free shipping. So I debated, do I cancel and get it slightly cheaper, and sooner (the projected delivery date for my pre-order was September), or do I eat the roughly $17 shipping and support a small Canadian business? I chose the latter, and it worked out for me since they got their supply in sooner than expected and I got it about a week or so after it popped up on TRU.

Now, that said, if the projected September date had come and gone, plus 6 months, with no fulfillment date in the foreseeable future, I DEFINITELY would've wanted a full refund.

I can see charging some kind of fee for people who cancel a pre-order before the fulfillment date, but 6 months AFTER the date has come and gone is totally unreasonable.

And for the record, despite a few people recommending this store to me in the past, the frankly kind of self-righteous responses by Northmen here have totally turned me off ever wanting to do business with them.
Like someone else here said, you would've been better served by keeping your mouth shut and let this thread die instead of blooming into 8 pages!

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 09-03-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #73
UltimatePrime
Mini-Con

I will not be purchasing from Northmen Collectibles. After reading about his store and his responses as a owner, and his ludicrous position on refunds after not delivering a product after 6 months from release; he has no business getting money from any customer.

There are other Canadian businesses out there who have better customer service and treat their customers with respect. Northmen Collectibles continuously comes up with excuses and blames his customers.

He has no leg to stand on with paypal policy and Consumer Protection Act of Ontario.

Last edited by UltimatePrime; 09-04-2019 at 05:57 PM.
UltimatePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:12 PM   #74
Hoffman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Seems like distributors should allow stores to reduce their preorder numbers if a figure gets significantly delayed. Though I suppose if the manufacturer refuses to allow the distributors to reduce their preorders in these cases then that’s the origin of the problem. Basically the manufacturer should lose preorders if they delay the toy, as that’s their responsibility. If manufacturers pass the risk to distributors (won’t let them reduce preorders when there is a big delay) then it seems like the distributors pass that issue right along to the stores who then pass it to the consumer.

The negative impact of a delay should be borne by the manufacturer, not the consumer, not the distributors, not the stores. Feels like a broken system.

Unfortunately, like most things, crap rolls downhill.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:14 AM   #75
ngnaw
Armada

I preordered SOC Voltron from cmdstore but couldn't get the product in on time and then that changed to never getting it at all. They refunded me in full! They actually felt bad not being able to get it for their customers...
Old 09-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #76
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I'm in the same boat with some Marvel Legends figures. DO NOT order online from this store; It's not worth the hassle.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #77
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quick update for anybody interested:

1. I walked into a specialty store locally that has had red swoop for months. I have a red swoop. It's... Still showing as preorder at NM. *Shrugs*

The end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-18-06-01-24.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	44846  

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #78
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmenCollectibles View Post
"If you paid via paypal or credit card, get them to refund you the money (if the call to Northmen is unsuccessful). You have full grounds for getting a refund."

This is not true and incredibly misleading. Store policies are store policies. Neither paypal nor a credit card company will reverse those funds if disputed. People have tried. I have won every single dispute that has attempted it. If you honestly tell the card company what happened and that you cancelled an order and were charged a 15% fee they won't even file the chargeback, you'd have to lie about it which would then result in you losing anyways because presumably you were informed of everything via email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The end.
Good on ya mate

Last edited by evenstaves; 09-18-2019 at 10:44 AM. Reason: EDIT - should have just cut & pasted the original text, my bad
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #79
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
"you will never get this refunded, you are welcome to try", etc

Good on ya mate
Try the PayPal dispute or the Credit Card Chargeback. NM said that you'll never win a case for this situation, but I think you will based on the amount of time you had to wait for the item.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #80
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Try the PayPal dispute or the Credit Card Chargeback. NM said that you'll never win a case for this situation, but I think you will based on the amount of time you had to wait for the item.
Click the image thumbnail on my previous post.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote