Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #21
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Masterpiece Ironhide Price and Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I can't get this site to post pictures. I give up. Is there a help section?

After you do a google search. There is a view image and view page button. Click on the view image button. Your image will then open in a new tab and then you can grab the direct link. You can't right click on the google search thumbnail and insert its link. The forums need the direct link.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #22
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I see what you're saying now. It almost looks like those headlights flip around but at this stage I doubt it.

EDIT: Also looking at Masta's image, it looks like he did have the headlights below the windshield. Looks like we can chalk it up to sweet late season animation.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #23
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
After you do a google search. There is a view image and view page button. Click on the view image button. Your image will then open in a new tab and then you can grab the direct link. You can't right click on the google search thumbnail and insert its link. The forums need the direct link.
I thank you for your help I was beginning to wonder what the heck haha. Anyways, here is an image that lends to what I am getting at. The image on the right is a rendering of what someone thinks they ought to have done. [IMG][/IMG]
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #24
Rev
Addict

Quote:
I thank you for your help I was beginning to wonder what the heck haha. Anyways, here is an image that lends to what I am getting at. The image on the right is a rendering of what someone thinks they ought to have done. [IMG][/IMG]
I gotta say, the right does look better. I wonder if it was too costly or difficult to manage.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #25
CAF
Banned

I don't know but I read that the designer that Masterpiece had who brought the company to it's success isn't with them now and it seems to show. I feel that the compromises with this figure puts it on the same shelf as MP-01 and MP-05. IMO, it's a HUGE step backwards.

They should delay the release and redesign it.

I have always felt that with Transformers, if any compromises must be made, it should be with the ALT mode, NOT the robot mode.

And let's face it, nobody really can remember what those dumb Toyota vans looked like anyways.

Last edited by CAF; 08-13-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #26
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
I don't know but I read that the designer that Masterpiece had who brought the company to it's success isn't with them now and it seems to show. I feel that the compromises with this figure puts it on the same shelf as MP-01 and MP-05. IMO, it's a HUGE step backwards.

They should delay the release and redesign it.

I have always felt that with Transformers, if any compromises must be made, it should be with the ALT mode, NOT the robot mode.

And let's face it, nobody really can remember what those dumb Toyota vans looked like anyways.
I get what you're saying, but in my opinion MP-01 is better then MP-10.

I do think the the image on the right looks WAY better too. Sadly, Ironhide was always that character that had botched proportions in the show. Sometimes he looks broad chested, and others he looked like a big fatty.

And while I agree with you to an extent on the alt modes, if it's officially licensed they don't have much of a choice. Vehicle mode will have to come first.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #27
elburrito
Animated

I agree with pretty much everything said Herr. Especially the hip panels. That said, I will preorder at the first opportunity.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:48 PM   #28
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post

And while I agree with you to an extent on the alt modes, if it's officially licensed they don't have much of a choice. Vehicle mode will have to come first.
Was just about to post this. This might be a licensing decision. Good thing I prefer posing in alt mode

CAF, you are right, the MP designer changed again, likely to back to Kobayashi. I wouldn't say he's a worse designer than Shogo. Just different. His design of Magnus was brilliant. Shogo needed his help. Also, Ironhide's alt mode is a Nissan van. If you are worried about his chest sticking out too far, this picture shows the angle better. The front view is misleading. The side view shows how's the shape better and looks good to me.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 08-13-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added pic
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #29
CAF
Banned

The Nissan had round headlights.
The Toyota which was simply called the "Van" had the rectangle lights.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #30
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Those side flaps definitely need to rotate around to the back to become butt flaps. HIS WHEELS ARE SHOWING, WHAT WAS HE RAISED IN A BARN?!?!

Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote