Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-25-2015, 02:47 AM   #91
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!
Re: TFCon 2015 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain View Post
I have one complaint, it's the same complaint as all years but it multiplied tenfold this year.

People, you need to bathe. You need to change your clothes and use deodorant.

I can get that at the end of the day, it's been hot and we're sweating, but at 7 Am in the morning when I walk passed the line, it shouldn't smell like everyone defecated in their pants. Just shower before you get into line.

P.S. I'm not talking about those few of you who have medical issues. Those guys are fine, the rest of you though....ugh

I almost defacated my pants reading this..... or did I?

Personally, I thought this year's TFCon actually was even better than previous years; it's pretty impressive considering the sheer number of guests that we got alone not to mention the (I'm assuming) higher attendance numbers. I thought the autograph area was a great idea and nicely placed by the front foyer entrance to the dealer room. Honestly, off the top of my head, my only complaint was that the dealer room did start to get a bit stuffy at times; not sure if it was a result of ventilation issues but thank goodness for Febreeze Aloha scent!
I didn't have any issues with either the hotel staff or the Quest Bar staff; I thought they handled it better than previous years (although I do miss Alice). I guess my roommate and I were lucky in that we didn't have anything go missing in our room; the staff even provided extra items that we asked for.

Last edited by cannabisprime; 07-25-2015 at 02:54 AM.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #92
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I think one thing I was disappointed by was the fact that not all the voice actors had prints readily avalaible for signing.

I'm starting to appreciate getting prints signed more and more because that at least eliminates the need for hunting stuff.

Perhaps in the future the staff can work something out with the artists attending to make some kind of TFCon exclusive print or something?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #93
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I think one thing I was disappointed by was the fact that not all the voice actors had prints readily avalaible for signing.

I'm starting to appreciate getting prints signed more and more because that at least eliminates the need for hunting stuff.

Perhaps in the future the staff can work something out with the artists attending to make some kind of TFCon exclusive print or something?
Some of the artists just around the bent had great stuff perfect for printing for the artist. Josh Perez had great prints of Rhinox and Blurr to fill the gap of the lack of stuff on their tables
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #94
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Hey, does anyone know how much the Charity Auctions collected on the weekend ? I missed donating to the Friday Auction but I was able to donate to Saturday's Silent Auction. Just wondering...thanks.
Nevermind, I just saw the thread.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #95
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

It's been a week, and I think I have recovered enough to delive some coherent thoughts on the event, but we'll see how coherent they really are.

Of course, I love TFcon and this year did not disappoint. It's great to hang out with the people and the staff is fantastic. I have no major complaints in that regard.

I second any notion regarding improving the lanyards. I wish it was a bit larger and more durable. By the end of the show, mine had started to get dog-eared and is peeling apart. Maybe that's not a big deal, but I keep all of my convention passes as mementos.

Faction Feud ran much more smoothly than previous years, but could still use some tweaking.

- My team's match had 2 out of the 3 questions about the history of TFcon. That should not have happened. Another match had all 3 questions about Transformers Masterforce. That definitely should not have happened! I think the questions should be categorized, whether by general topic or specific series or whatever, and every question in a match should be from a different category. That's the best way to make the game more inclusive.

- I'm on the fence over whether or not doing only 3 questions per match is a good thing or not. On one hand, it kept the pace brisk. On the other, it all seemed like it was all over too fast. I guess it's fine either way, but it's something to think about.

- On a personal note, I want to see more teams pick up on what my Ninja Consultants bring to the table. This is supposed to be Faction Feud, and we're a faction. Own your gimmicks! Costumes, uniforms, matching party-hats, whatever, man. Show some team spirit. You might be able to beat us, but so far, no one has been able to out-class us! Consider the gauntlet thrown.

All said, I truly appreciate all the hard work that went into making Faction Feud this year.

Regarding the Script Reading - I like the story a lot this year, and it did a great job of bringing many disparate elements together. That said, the whole post-Beast Machines era setting, well, I'm over it. It's been done enough. We're also getting to a point where many of the cast of characters have been used again and again. It was great to see Windblade, but unless we're getting Frank Welker involved or if David Kaye is coming back, I think it would be perfectly fine to not have Megatron in these stories for awhile. It's time to shake things up, get some more new characters in there, and put them in some more unique situations. Otherwise we're just treading on the same ground, and that's only fun for so long.

I mentioned in the final Sunday Q&A about having more panels and the possibility of presenting one. I will propose a panel via e-mail in a few weeks. I've had an idea for awhile, and the one reason why I haven't done anything with it is that it always seemed that the staff members developed and presented the panels and that anyone else would have to be invited. I asked about it because I felt that the show was lacking a bit in panels, and I missed that aspect this year.

To conclude, I just want to say that I am curious to see how TFcon is going to continue to grow. Not just in size, attendance, caliber of guests, but how it will further evolve. Maybe we are happy to get more guests and do the same kind of thing every year, but I hope to see new and different things on the horizon that don't fit into, for lack of a better term, the TFcon "formula". Maybe more live performances? Maybe a new game? New ways for guests to interact with fans? I don't know. It's just something to consider. As much as I love TFcon exactly the way it is, I also want to see it stay fresh, exciting, and unpredictable.

Sayonara.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #96
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
Another match had all 3 questions about Transformers Masterforce. That definitely should not have happened!
HYDRA! FREAKING HYDRA! DAMN IT I DON'T WATCH MASTERFORCE!! ~ Malwave 2015
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #97
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
HYDRA! FREAKING HYDRA! DAMN IT I DON'T WATCH MASTERFORCE!! ~ Malwave 2015
No one does, don't worry.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #98
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
- My team's match had 2 out of the 3 questions about the history of TFcon. That should not have happened. Another match had all 3 questions about Transformers Masterforce. That definitely should not have happened! I think the questions should be categorized, whether by general topic or specific series or whatever, and every question in a match should be from a different category. That's the best way to make the game more inclusive.
Yeah, you guys really did have a rough time of it. Surely the questions could at least be randomized? (Unless they already were and the Masterforce questions coincidentally all bunched together... I'm skeptical).

Also not really sure why the game starts with the hyper-easy Constructicon question. I can understand wanting to ease into it, but that doesn't quite work when it's a tournament setup. We were the only team to get such a basic question ('course, I later made up for it by cheating and getting us disqualified... seemed only fair... )

Also feel like some of the questions are a bit familiar... didn't that exact Sixshot mode question pop up in 2011? If content's an issue, maybe open question submissions could be collected and vetted by the staff leading up to the event...?
@Jonny5IsUndead
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #99
Sideswipe
Break it down!

I also felt bad for the guys that had all 3 questions about Masterforce. That`s unbalanced, takes the fun out.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #100
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

What was great about it though was that it led to that fantastic moment where Hydra WAS a correct answer, and Malwave didn't go with it when it came around to him.

Three Masterforce questions in a row DID suck to answer though.

(Also, re: the team gimmick, I won't disagree with Ninjatron there... if I know our team far enough in advance next year I should try and put something together....)