Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
shabooya
Banned
Re: Are Transformers Collections Harder to sell

Dude...
Try to organize your for sale thread a little better.
You list a tonne of tfs, but not a lot of specifics.

You have a bunch of figures listed that could be any version and if you dont provide that info, you wont find a lot of people who will take their time to ask...
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Neat, organized, pictures, and reasonable prices and willingness to make deals on lots will help you a ton

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Organize your thread into Series with the series name as a bold underlined header... Remove all the NSF stuff, because it doesn't make sense putting stuff not for sale listed in a for sale thread... Re work the thread or start a new one where everything is listing in the first post as opposed to having people looking through multiple pages to see all your stuff for sale.
All the above helps motivate buyers to take a better look at your stuff for sale.
Regardless of what I said, it is harder to sell stuff this past year, in previous years it's been way easier for me to offload stuff. Bayverse stuff seems to have really taken away from buyer's interest, along with an avalanche of awesome expensive 3rd party stuff people save up for to splurge on (I'm currently more interested in all 3rd party stuff than the vast majority of HasTak stuff).
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #14
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Organize your thread into Series with the series name as a bold underlined header...

Remove all the NSF stuff, because it doesn't make sense putting stuff not for sale listed in a for sale thread...

Re work the thread or start a new one where everything is listing in the first post as opposed to having people looking through multiple pages to see all your stuff for sale.

All the above helps motivate buyers to take a better look at your stuff for sale.

Regardless of what I said, it is harder to sell stuff this past year, in previous years it's been way easier for me to offload stuff.

Bayverse stuff seems to have really taken away from buyer's interest, along with an avalanche of awesome expensive 3rd party stuff people save up for to splurge on (I'm currently more interested in all 3rd party stuff than the vast majority of HasTak stuff).
See the difference?
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
Slayback
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
One thing I noticed, kind of funny.
I bought a lot transformers from here and from kijiji in the last few year, spent a lot.
And during the past boxing day, I bought a ps3 with a 55 inch 3D LED TV. So I started to buy games, used or new ones on-sale, since I have a lot to catch up. I found compare to games, Transformers toy are so expensive. I can often found good game for 10 to 20, some new ones is around 30. And video games usually offer longer time of entertainment than transformers. I can play a game for at least 5 to 10 hours, while transformers only 1 or 2 hours max then I put them aside.
this really depends on what you purchase transformers toys for. I'm a collector and when i purchase a figure or toy - i transform it to its alternate form - if i can figure it out i put it back to its original form and then i put it on a shelf or back into its box. that's my enjoyment - it sits on my shelf and away i go. I am a little bit older so playing with it for more than 5minutes (and by playing i mean tinkering) is out of my character. If you buy them to play with -than obviously you have a dilemma since video games will be much more entertaining just because of the stimulus it provides. A lot of young kids are like that - put them in front of a tv and you have your babysitter. (no i am not condoning this. - i'm just saying.)
It really depends on what you're buying transformers for.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #16
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
this really depends on what you purchase transformers toys for. I'm a collector and when i purchase a figure or toy - i transform it to its alternate form - if i can figure it out i put it back to its original form and then i put it on a shelf or back into its box. that's my enjoyment - it sits on my shelf and away i go. I am a little bit older so playing with it for more than 5minutes (and by playing i mean tinkering) is out of my character. If you buy them to play with -than obviously you have a dilemma since video games will be much more entertaining just because of the stimulus it provides. A lot of young kids are like that - put them in front of a tv and you have your babysitter. (no i am not condoning this. - i'm just saying.)
It really depends on what you're buying transformers for.
Agreed. I'm 36, and I collect for the nostalgia and pure fun, but I don't spend much time actually playing with the toys. Even as a kid I spent more time arranging them than I did playing with them.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Well, considering there is very little to discuss in Canada, I mean seriously we've had Prime Wave 1 for the better part of 12 months without a single new case or wave showing up at all, I suspect that come Spring Winners and Giant Tiger will be bogged down with cases of Prime Wave 2, 3, 4 and 5. Is it any wonder that only bumping of sales threads is happening currently?

If you don't bump your sales thread you won't see anyone interested in your products, as there is a lot of traffic on that forum.

Plus we don't have nearly the number of members that TFW has, so yeah, not a lot to say or discuss and not as many members means threads and conversations are slow to happen/update. Just a sign of the difference between a global message board and one dedicated to Canada, we Canadians can take an awful long time to get around to discussing salient points.

All good points. I still wish we had more interesting conversation like this and less sale threads.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

A lot of people are selling collections, for various reasons - money, family (kids), losing interest, etc.

Not many people are buying. Particularly stuff like G1, there are not many "new" collectors coming online, and many more leaving collecting.

More common figures (regardless of series) have very little demand, and may sit unsold even at reasonable prices. If you part out individually be prepared to be stuck with lots of commons or heavily discount them.

As was said earlier, if your collection is newer, be prepared to be disappointed with the selling price - if there is even any interest.

Good luck - I think it's a challenging time to sell a collection.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #19
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I'm still downsizing. But I don't plan to update my sales until the spring sometime.

Re-organize it, take new pictures. Re-check all the prices that have changed etc..

Biggest problem I found when selling was Canada Post. Things cost a lot more to ship than people think. I had more than a few hits on $10 to $25 dollar items that need $15 to ship and it falls through. I hate to say well, buy more that's good for me. But generally you can't just buy one or two smaller items. It's not worth the shipping up here.

I want to get it all onto Shelflife, but I dont know when I will have the time to get it done. But it should help a lot with their matching system.

Last edited by Akroyer; 01-10-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #20
joshimus
Metroplex

I'll be starting a "for sale" thread sometime soon. Going through my collection and planning to downsize and stick with what I don't feel I need anymore. Gonna have a lot of tf classics both loose and moc up too.
As for tf's not selling, I think it is across the board. Marvel, DC which is pretty much TDKR as it stands, I mean overall what I see is a lot of stock not going anywhere. It could just be people cutting back on spending. For TRU, probably a lot of reasons for the tf drought is the dotm and in some cases ROTF deluxes not moving. Really REALLY hope Hamilton Tru is truly done with their stock.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote