Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #11
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: Selling off your collections

Yeah same here, I don't want my house overrun with Transformers... So when new hotness comes out that I want, something gets the axe that I'm not interested in anymore... Because if not then it goes in a bin in storage, taking up space and just hiding away.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #12
zfarsh
Armada

May I ask how or where you guys sell off your TF's? I have never sold any tfs in the past.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:36 AM   #13
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I sell the odd item, if I no longer feel the love for it I once did. As for investments, I invest my time, joy but not my money into this hobby, you could say I'm buying moments of happiness and thus investing in myself.

I have plans for things I do have that I've had to put away for when the time comes to acquire a larger living space which will be within the next two years. I've bought some items a year or two ago and I haven't opened them yet and won't until that extra space is acquired. I may even sell a few items to further that goal along or just to fund the hobby to reduce out of pocket spending on TF's and thus keeping my home buying goal in mind. When the time comes and I do open some of that stuff I'll take pictures and show them to the fellow members here along with the house There will definitely be some surprises to come.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I sold off most of my collection for financial reasons, same with my video game collection.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #15
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Lots of people have been wondering why such high turn around in my collection over the years...

Space; very limited display room, I live in a 3 bedroom appartment, 2 kids, my wife and her 22 years old son... I limited myself to 2 Decepticons shelves and 2 small Autobots shelves. One shelve for my new addiction G.I. Joe/Cobra ... I bought a Takara Metroplex knowing the consequences of bringing it home and my wife is begging to get rid off it due the massive size...

Funds; having a family and having a plastic addiction is a dangerous mixture if the addiction isn't healthy ... A few years back, I went crazy about Transformers and bought ALL kinds of sh!t at retail and on the board/kijiji...and wife found out that rent wasn't paid for 2 months... Guess what, she freaked out and botherline divorce me(I don't blame her)...My wife loves me no doubt about it since we have been over 17 years but she HATES my hobbies and the addiction that came with it...

So now, I have a small hobby allowrance and should I want/desire/need something new for my collection than my hobby funds are/is to be generated from my sale thread...AND also trying healthy balance

A.

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458

Last edited by PrimeCron; 01-29-2014 at 10:53 AM.
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #16
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

^^^ Thank you for your honesty. I caught myself, numerous times, looking at my collectibles and feeling guilty that I spend that money on something no one else benefits from besides me. If I was a single guy, not a problem. But with a wife and kids, my priorities FINALLY shifted. I will still have a small collection as they are something I will continue to enjoy but I do not feel the NEED to have them now.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #17
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

May be some sold off their collections because they wanted out? As unimaginable as it sounds, I have stopped to care about/collect TFs twice. The first time I actually donated, not sold, most of my small G1 collection away because I don't care at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Yeah same here, I don't want my house overrun with Transformers... So when new hotness comes out that I want, something gets the axe that I'm not interested in anymore... Because if not then it goes in a bin in storage, taking up space and just hiding away.
Like others, I am at a point now where things are a bit out of hands. Don't have enough space to display all and many stuffs are in storage. I am selling off stuffs from other hobbies of mine steadily and it won't stop at my TFs. Renting a table @ TFCon sounds like a good idea.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
Window
Robot Master

Yea, I've sold off small bits and pieces but keep it relatively contained.

Actually thinking of selling off my FP insecticons (have both sets) as they were fun when I got them but just not seeing where they fit in my collection anymore as I'm really getting into the MP line.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

You can sell here, Kijiji is a good place too. And ebay but make sure when posting auctions to add import taxes "only for americans. And just so you know the mod nazi's here stated you can only make 1 yes that's right ONE>...... for sale thread. BTW thank for you not having pages on pages of banners.
Nugundam2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote