Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
ImNotThePro
XBL - Im Not The Pro
ImNotThePro's Ebay Auctions
Re: Collecting Transformers Appreciation Thread

I like them because of the engineering. Every time I see a bot I transform it in my mind, trying to figure out how it would actually transform, before I get a hold of one. I really only collected the Cybertron line years ago and almost had all of them (missed like 6, had a bunch of doubles because I won a YTV contest and they sent me 18 figures [1 supreme, 2 leaders, 3 ultras, etc.), but I then drifted away from it and got into other things.

Didn't get back into it until last year when I started looking into Masterpieces and saw MP-10, that's when Hasbro was releasing theirs and I found this website and found other cool figures and news too. Now my 'collection' is slim and I'm only going for Masterpieces now, but since I'm short of money I decided to go for Decepticons only for now.
ImNotThePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
sikkbones
Banned

i blame my 9 year old for getting me back into the bug when he was about 6 and really got into animated and the classics line.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
Rev
Addict

Like some, I find that Transformers are almost therapy. My vocation, like many, takes an emotional toll. Transformers are senseless fun that bring me back to my childhood. I collected during the Unicron Trilogy days, have a few G1's left. Started again with an RID Optimus. Now I have dozens of new toys including two masterpiece figures and Quakewave. To be honest I need to tame my enthusiasm. But it is such darn fun!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
Window
Robot Master

I come home after a long day at work and like some have said their jobs are emotionally and mentally taxing and just need something mindless and that is what they are. They remind me of a simpler time when I was a kid and just playing with them brings me back there.

Thank god my wife understands that too.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

It's becoming a repetitive theme, I also find them an escape. For example, this weekend is my on call weekend, which turned into a 12hr shift of about 800kms of driving. Finally got home, the family had already turned in early, so I grabbed dinner, turned on the Leafs game and sat down with FOC Grimlock. Just like that, the day is forgotten and I'm at peace. Probably transformed him back and forth about 10 times during the game.

On a side note, Grimlock does not like Crosby.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
Perceptor
Alternator

These toys bring back memories of innocent and careless years of childhood. I kind of wish there was another child who played TFs with me back then though.
Now, they are great stress relief. Great way to just take my mind off things playing with them.
Recently I have become a bit self disciplined with the purchases so I can meet other goals too. Even though I am not getting third party figs or new MPs anymore, I find that I still have great fun and enjoyment with the figs I do get.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
screamer
Generation 1

Like so many great replies here, TFs to me, remind us of our childhood. The days when life was simple and carefree. G1 was my favourite toyline and cartoon growing up. I don't have a huge collection but I'll still collecting to this day. TFs let me be a kid again. An escape from the fast-paced hectic world. Word.
screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #18
SeanOfStone
Generation 1

It all "re-started" about a decade ago for me, with Armada Nemesis Prime. However my favorite moment as a collector came one x-mas a few years ago when my parents bought me a misb Powermaster Optimus Prime, because it was the second time they had bought me that figure for x-mas. It was fun literally re-living a childhood x-mas, almost 20 years later.

Kinda like many others I find playing with the figures to be "therapeutic", but in the sense that my mind seems to generally work quite harmoniously while I'm transforming a figure. I like to tell myself that the reasoning for this phenomenon is that it keeps my imagination highly active, but I am aware that this may be an enabling method for spending more $$$ on toys...

On a side note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
On a side note, Grimlock does not like Crosby.
...neither do I.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #19
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I started a new job in early 2007 before the first Bay movie came out. That place (I no longer work there) is highly stressful and the competition and politics were murderous. And I came to idetify people in the company with G1 Transformers characters. There's Starscream the 2 faced bitch who took my idea and presented to the boss. There's Soundwave who is constantly overlooking my shoulder. There's that Insecticon girls who can't stop eating at her desk. That's Swindle "the office dealer". And Ravage the crazy cat lady who had pictures of cats all over her cubicles.

Who knew TF had prepared me to face the real world out there.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #20
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Man, I'm a little different on this one as I'm still pretty young.. But it all started about 2 years ago when I saw "Generations" Thundercracker and Warpath for cheap and I bought them.. and.. the toy engineering just really blew my mind. Basically, this new Classics style became my G1. It's what I'm going to be remembering whenever I look back. Original G1 is great, but I love the newer stuff just as much and being a huge robot fan it just became a massive addiction for me. No other hobby has kept me attached for this long, I usually go through things quickly but Transformers.. I just love them too much.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote