Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Transformer toys should have credits

So while this isn't exactly a new concept (there's mini ones included in the Entertainment Packs & Cyberverse Prime figures for recent examples), I think it's really too bad that we can't have it where each figure would come with a different episode, and to the point where buying 24 different figures would leave you with an entire season or something. My guess is that doing so is thought to hurt the DVD sales because of retailers robbing the disks to sell on their own (especially if an entire season could be gathered like this), increased piracy, and of course legality issues when it comes to languages... but what else would we hypothetically think would be cool?

Interview footage in regards to "the making of" said figure or line, adverts of upcoming product, animated shorts? Like, I get that there'd be additional costs involved & that most of us would like to see the attention go to the figures themselves, but I still think we can come up with some cool ideas, even just for the sake of doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I agree. As a collector, I would love the people behind the design process credited on the packaging. Kind of like how Hot Toys credits their design team or how the Four Horsemen is recognized by anyone who knows what an awesome action figure looks like. Every collectors oriented line should have the design team credited.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
SMOG
zombicon

I agree that the designers should perhaps get more credit, especially within the fandom. I think it would also be interesting to see how many of my favourite TFs might have been the work of the same person.

I also like to describe my interest in Transformers in terms of them being examples of industrial design and fascinating material culture objects... which is certainly partly true. But it also just sounds better than "I collect toys that remind me of my childhood."

Skids is definitely in my favourite Alternator design overall (with Mirage being a close second). I'll also mention that Human Alliance Skids is also an absolutely satisfying piece of work, probably the best in the HA line after Jazz.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

On MP figures...sure.

$5-$30 figures at WalMart...not so much. Remember...they are kids toys. What the heck would a kid do with a list of "credits". Throw it away. This just adds to costs associated with producing the toys.

Maybe something on the Hasbro website with bio's of the design team.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I think it is a great idea, but I'm sure that most toys represent the work of many skilled people and as such, can't be traced to just one individual.

It would be nice to see who designed the stinkers, like say the SWTF line so I can stay away from there future endeavors though...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

That would be really cool. Sometimes when I mess with a bunch of figures, there's a feel to the way their engineered, good or bad. Out of curiosity, always wondered which figures are made by who and which are done as a group.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #17
Batman
The Dark Knight

I think the main reason on Hasbro's end(why they don't) is that the average person won't understand why there are a bunch of Japanese names on the back of the package.

For those interested here is a list of designers with lists of their work.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Categoryesigners

Last edited by Batman; 03-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote