Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #31
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Re: Beast Wars-How has it aged?

Animation wise that first season is pretty rough, Beast Machines aged waaaay better IMO (animation wise)

Story wise BW is still king though.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #32
tusko
Classic

I think its aged very well.
I still find it captivating and entertaining.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #33
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaveCA View Post
Animation wise that first season is pretty rough, Beast Machines aged waaaay better IMO (animation wise)

Story wise BW is still king though.
^Agreed.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #34
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusko View Post
I think its aged very well.
I still find it captivating and entertaining.
Agreed! And although the animation has since been outdated, I still find it to be a very fun show that was really at the forefront as a pioneer of television animation.

I do hope Shout! will be giving us all the Beast Wars seasons in one complete set like what they did this year with G1 and the Matrix of Leadership.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #35
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Agreed! And although the animation has since been outdated, I still find it to be a very fun show that was really at the forefront as a pioneer of television animation.

I do hope Shout! will be giving us all the Beast Wars seasons in one complete set like what they did this year with G1 and the Matrix of Leadership.
It'd be super cool to get a Stasis Pod styled DVD case with the entire series and maybe a Maximal and Predacon style symbol stand in scale with the Autobot/Decepticon ones from the 3' Titaniums for use with Beast Wars Primal and Beast Wars Megatron, that way you could replace the Autobot/Decepticon symbol stands for those two figures. Or just have some neet looking plastic symbols that in theory could be used for something I'm sure... Maybe as stands for 10th Anniversary Primal and Megatron's little ship accessories or whatever.

As far as the series goes, I find it fun and funny even after repeated viewings and Beast Wars will always be special to me because... As I may have mentioned before at some point - when Beast Wars first came out I was slowly being sucked into Star Wars collecting and didn't hold much of an interest in Transformers. (Ruddy Star Wars Micromachine Playsets taking all my cash away from my #1 favorite hobby...)

One day I believe I was thirteen by then, 1996-2006 is ten years and I'm 28 now so... Well whatever, I was on the cusp of full blown teenagerdom and feeling a little down. Most cartoons on at the time weren't engaging me the way they used to and I was starting to wonder if I'd lost my enjoyment of animated products. (Although Reboot was a big show and I loved every minute of that.)

Anyway, one day I tuned in to YTV and the announcer (I can't remember who he was at the time, but it was before Sugar I think, or as many know her the voice of Mini-Moon in Sailor Moon S/Super S Dub.) told us to stay tuned because a show called Beasties was about to start up. And it was BRAND NEW!

I had nothing better to watch so I figured what the hell the title's intriguing enough, even if it made me first think of Breakfast Cereal.

Then came the opening we all know and love and I was hooked, this was a cartoon about the Beast Wars Transformers (For which I currently had in my collection four figures, Razorbeast, Dinobot and the Optimus Primal/Megatron 2-Pack.) man it just blew my mind. To this day I remember it quite fondly.

Beasties made me passionate about Transformers again. (Oh sure the first couple of Beast Wars Transformers toy commercials were thrilling with that wonderfully rich introduction and narrative, but since finding Star Wars I'd sort of slipped a little. But just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in, and am I glad it was with Beast Wars.)

So has the series aged well? Definitely. Have I waxed poetic over fond memories of youth. You Betcha. Am I sorry I saw that premier of Beasties all those years ago, HELL NO! I hope Aaron Archer's designs to re-vist that franchise will lead to another great bit of fun. I could go for a Transformers Beast Wars title in the vein of War for Cybertron actually I think it'd be fun to get to play as Waspinator or Terrorsaur and fight against the Maximals in some un-told tale about the Beast Wars. Yeah, it's a story who's time has come to be revisited and for much longer than a poorly defined mini-series that tries too hard at recapturing the feel of the show and failing miserably.

In short, she's aged like fine wine and not bad moonshine.