Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector
Re: Does Masterpiece supply meet demand?

Quote:
i don't know where you find these magical stores that have shelf-warming mps, all the ones around here always sell out in a few days or less! grrrrrrrrr
If I were to guess I would say Ontario. East of Quebec its a completely different story. It seems to me that TRU over stock in Ontario and the rest of Canada gets leftovers. We still haven't seen a single Soundwave on a shelf in Nova Scotia. At least we got our opportunity to pre-order if we caught it on the website before it went down.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
If I were to guess I would say Ontario. East of Quebec its a completely different story. It seems to me that TRU over stock in Ontario and the rest of Canada gets leftovers. We still haven't seen a single Soundwave on a shelf in Nova Scotia. At least we got our opportunity to pre-order if we caught it on the website before it went down.
Overstock? U must be kidding... Even I'm in Toronto, went to ToyRus more than 5 times in a week, haven't see one single soundwave.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #23
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Quote:
Overstock? U must be kidding... Even I'm in Toronto, went to ToyRus more than 5 times in a week, haven't see one single soundwave.
At least there was stock to have gotten. we got none. Not stock that disappeared, we got NONE! absolutely no Soundwave figures entered Atlantic Canada to date. I am not kidding at all.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #24
Hellboy
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
That's because the initial shipments of Soundwave in Ontario were 1 - 2 cases (2 - 4 units) and I guarantee they never even hit the shelves. Staff took them all. I'm sure the ones on Kijiji and Craigslist are mostly staffers after a quick buck.

Anyone lucky enough to find a Soundwave on the shelf in Toronto probably has a TRU with little old ladies running the store. (I'm not counting anyone who has a good relationship with a staffer either who had it stashed in the back until they came in)
Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #25
shadyfan81
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
Other than Rodimus, I don't recall seeing any other MP on a shelf in NS.
I could be wrong and someone can correct me if i am, but it seems like it's really hard to hunt over here in the east. Case in point with Soundwave. He shows up all a cross Canada and hits Ontario. He doesn't show up in Quebec for obvious reasons. Anyone here in the Maritimes seen one of these on a shelf?
I found TC on the shelf here in NS. Hunted for OP for weeks and never seen one anywhere.
shadyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Only MP I haven't seen on shelves is Soundwave. Note: MP OP I never saw on the shelf only because the manager brought it to me from the back, as for Acidstorm, haven't seen him in Canada, but he's shelfwarming in the US. Guess it really depends on location.

Grimlock, Rodimus and TC all sat on the shelves for at least 1-2 weeks in London.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

I feel bad for people who can't get what they want because of very limited stock and employee grabs. I really do. But how much worse is it when stock is limited and they don't even stock us at all.

There is roughly 13.5 million people in Ontario and they have over 20 TRU stores. If each store got 2 case (4) then that would be 80 figures in Ontario. We have a little short of one million in Nova Scotia. We would have had to receive 3 cases to be equal to Ontario based on population.

We only have one store so would have only got 2 cases based on a 2 case per store rule. So why did we get none. The reason is simple, they over stocked elsewhere.

To quote a TRU employee "They (Corporate) don't give a shit about us. (NS TRU store)

I hope they continue to offer pre-orders for this stuff. Its the only way we seem too be able to get them at all.

Last edited by Nazarite; 09-01-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #28
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I for one say that is why Takara let's online retailers to have pre-orders and hasbro just makes whatever they consider to be enough ! and sadly MP gets the shaft over the cheaper mainline toys that cost pennies to make and dollars of profit where as masterpiece is prolly more to produce and less income as hasbro probly has to buy the rights of the design from takara
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #29
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Short supply MPs also bring out the worst in us, the fans. So many of us stop looking to help each other, and instead start hoarding, scalping, and making our fellow local fans dance for a chance at the few available. I've seen some helping going on, but also a lot of shenanigans and scalping. And shady deals with employees too, meaning some get a bunch of the hot MP figure without the figure ever being available to anyone else.

And I don't like the feeling I get myself into, of having to compete and scrounge and that I start resenting fellow collectors.

Definitely the worst side of the hunt. And new since MP10. For Grimlock and Rodimus I remember everyone helping each other so much, but it all changed with the MP10 shortage.

So I have a LOT of hope for the new pre-order system, that if it goes through with SW then maybe every MP release won't be such a giant cluster f***.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Short supply MPs also bring out the worst in us, the fans. So many of us stop looking to help each other, and instead start hoarding, scalping, and making our fellow local fans dance for a chance at the few available. I've seen some helping going on, but also a lot of shenanigans and scalping. And shady deals with employees too, meaning some get a bunch of the hot MP figure without the figure ever being available to anyone else.

And I don't like the feeling I get myself into, of having to compete and scrounge and that I start resenting fellow collectors.

Definitely the worst side of the hunt. And new since MP10. For Grimlock and Rodimus I remember everyone helping each other so much, but it all changed with the MP10 shortage.

So I have a LOT of hope for the new pre-order system, that if it goes through with SW then maybe every MP release won't be such a giant cluster f***.
Thank you. You expressed my exact same feelings perfectly.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote