Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Thumbs up The Masterpiece-Scale Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Edit: Please include any MP scale 3P discussion as well. Thread title updated.

So much buzz over the Masterpiece line as of late, I couldn't find a thread that just focuses on MPs. TFW has something similar so just thought I'd start one here. Post your pics and discuss MPs here. Let's see if this thread sticks. I'll start it off.

I see that Hasbro decided to literally sneak in a reissue MP-08 Grimlock at the New York Toy Show this year. I never thought I'd see another MP Grimlock get re-issued. I thought this mould was on its last legs. I heard lots of issues with loose hips on the Asian reissue. Regardless, it's one of my favorite MPs to date. A must have for those that missed out.

I was interested in finding all the moulds released so far of MP-08 and this is what I came up with. Wish I owed them all. By the way, is it MP-8 or MP08

Official MP-08 Releases

And of course the new Official Hasbro MP-03 reissue of Masterpiece Grimlock

Here are some of my favorite pics of MP Grimmy

A couple of my favorite customs

Grimlock Masterpiece v1.5 (When Dinobots Ruled The Earth) by frogDNA, on Flickr

And can't forget the Wukong WK-01 KO Grimlock

There is also some word that there are some Asian Exclusive MP Grimlocks overstock sold loose on eBay. Picture comparisons with the KO show them to be real.

Anyways, looks like there are lots of options now to get your hands on this fantastic mould. If you dont have it, grab the new Habro reissue (red box). I may grab one too.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 06-10-2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Thread title updated - Scale
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
Vicster
Generation 1
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

This is awesome news.

Great post
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
Longshot
Pretender

I love the reissue and will most likely get the Hasbro release because I would like to pose Grimlock in both robot and alt mode with apron and serving tray.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

I already have one in dino and one in robot mode (thanks to Tony from chimungmung.com for hooking me up). But I think I will still get the Hasbro re-issue if the price is right.
dingd0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
MULTIPLEX

What do you think of the new style boxes? Ever since I started buying more Takara MPs, I've been preferring their boxes to the newer Hasbro MP boxes. I like having the pictures embossed onto the box. I'm already finding the flap on my Hasbro MP Soundwave is starting to fall apart. The red Grimlock box does look tempting though. I guess Sunstorm will also be similarly wrapped. He's definitely one I missed out on that I'll be picking up. I like how YOTH Prime was boxed with the window flap. Wish they did all MPs like that.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
Longshot
Pretender

Definitely looking forward to Sunstorm and as for boxes, I wish they followed Takara-Tomy. I actually prefer their packaging, strangely enough. But for the Hasbro, I'm not a fan of the old MP boxes because of their odd shapes. It makes for difficult storing and stacking.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I like the Hasbro packaging because you can SEE the figure. I open mine, but store them in their packages on my shelves.

I wonder if Sideswipe is going to get a US treatment... he popped up in the computers for TRU a while back if I recall correctly, but then again both Sunstorm and Prowl have as well.

The smart thing to do is buy the cars from HLJ or Anime Export well in advance to get the cheapest rate. Get the cars early, probably a year before Hasbro, and for about the same price if the $59.99 price holds. Cheaper, actually.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Once they get around to a Jazz, then I will be joining the club.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I need the following: Jazz, Sunstreaker, Ratchet, Blurr, Perceptor, Mirage, Drift, Arcee, Moonracer and Ironhide

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #10
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Definitely looking forward to Sunstorm and as for boxes, I wish they followed Takara-Tomy. I actually prefer their packaging, strangely enough. But for the Hasbro, I'm not a fan of the old MP boxes because of their odd shapes. It makes for difficult storing and stacking.
So true man. I remember getting Hasbro Grimlock and Prime MP-10 out of package was a struggle. And yup the odd shapes make them hard to store/stack too, Grimlock especially. The new style boxes are much better for storing. But displaying is not as nice I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post

The smart thing to do is buy the cars from HLJ or Anime Export well in advance to get the cheapest rate. Get the cars early, probably a year before Hasbro, and for about the same price if the $59.99 price holds. Cheaper, actually.
Cant agree withyou more. Buy early, buy cheap. I forgot about that Prowl, Sideswipe rumour. I got my Prowl early from Nippon-Yasan. Sideswipe I had to go KO at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Once they get around to a Jazz, then I will be joining the club.
So you don't own any MPs? A Jazz would be awesome. I guess Takara needs to negotiate a license with Porsche? He was a Porsche right?