Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-29-2021, 07:02 PM   #321
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Thanks for this thread.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:46 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:06 PM   #322
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Judging by the stories in this thread, expect a long-winded, angry e-mail from the NMC guy to end up in your inbox as soon as Visa begins the reversal process, decrying you for failing to go through the official channels (that don't work) or being patient enough to stick it out with him (because why doesn't everyone just understand that not having promised goods delivered even months after they're widely available elsewhere and then getting stiffed, ignored, or browbeaten for disputing your treatment is a time-honored part of doing business?).

Followed by a swift banning from his store in a hilarious sort of "you can't fire me, I quit!" attempt to salvage the most pyrrhic of victories from the ever expanding crapstorm that is almost entirely of his own making.
lol this is so bang on
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:09 PM   #323
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Judging by the stories in this thread, expect a long-winded, angry e-mail from the NMC guy to end up in your inbox as soon as Visa begins the reversal process, decrying you for failing to go through the official channels (that don't work) or being patient enough to stick it out with him (because why doesn't everyone just understand that not having promised goods delivered even months after they're widely available elsewhere and then getting stiffed, ignored, or browbeaten for disputing your treatment is a time-honored part of doing business?).

Followed by a swift banning from his store in a hilarious sort of "you can't fire me, I quit!" attempt to salvage the most pyrrhic of victories from the ever expanding crapstorm that is almost entirely of his own making.

This is poetry.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 PM   #324
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
So PayPal sided with me with my two first invoices. Half way there. Thanks to this thread.
Were they inside or outside of their standard 180 day window?

Old 04-29-2021, 08:32 PM   #325
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Were they inside or outside of their standard 180 day window?
I was in the 170s when I opened a dispute.

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:47 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:37 PM   #326
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Cheering for everyone here whom is owed money when no products are delivered to invest the time to speak with their credit company, PayPal, etc.

For sure we can agree that you will be out more time once you get started, but many times honest folks choose just to move along and let idiots like this guy continue. I've taken people to Ontario Small Claims Court twice, wasn't for small money nor was it big money, it was kind of in the middle, not life changing either way, but needed to do it on principle so they don't do it to somebody else down the line. I won and collected both times, not fun, very time consuming and I hope none of you ever have to do that in your own lives.

In this case, you just have to put in some time to reach out to those payment processors like the credit card companies, part of the reason why so many people use them is for this protection. Maybe even leave an honest review on all those mentioned sites above about your experience so it doesn't happen to others.

Side note, I think everywhere we call these days, your insurance company, the bank, your mobile carrier, the government, etc. will have long wait times due to the work from home caused by the pandemic. Just have some patience and be kind to the person whom eventually answers the phone, we don't want to be a jerk like this store owner.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:04 PM   #327
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Cheering for everyone here whom is owed money when no products are delivered to invest the time to speak with their credit company, PayPal, etc.

For sure we can agree that you will be out more time once you get started, but many times honest folks choose just to move along and let idiots like this guy continue. I've taken people to Ontario Small Claims Court twice, wasn't for small money nor was it big money, it was kind of in the middle, not life changing either way, but needed to do it on principle so they don't do it to somebody else down the line. I won and collected both times, not fun, very time consuming and I hope none of you ever have to do that in your own lives.

In this case, you just have to put in some time to reach out to those payment processors like the credit card companies, part of the reason why so many people use them is for this protection. Maybe even leave an honest review on all those mentioned sites above about your experience so it doesn't happen to others.

Side note, I think everywhere we call these days, your insurance company, the bank, your mobile carrier, the government, etc. will have long wait times due to the work from home caused by the pandemic. Just have some patience and be kind to the person whom eventually answers the phone, we don't want to be a jerk like this store owner.

I am wondering if PayPal can be addressed for those outside of the 180 day window. A phone call may be able to get a person to a department like the credit cards have for for resolutions? The first person you teach with visa or Mc usually can't do more than the "standard spiel."

Old 04-30-2021, 12:03 PM   #328
SparklessSeeker
Generation 1

I've had the same thing happen to me regarding a preorder that was never fulfilled..

Ended up just replacing it with stuff that he actually had in stock...

But it's frustrating because i had friends who received the same preorders (made at other online retailers).

Never again...
SparklessSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #329
BoNKerS
Animated

33 pages I had to check the BBB....

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/toronto/pr...506/complaints

Hawt damn his responses LOL
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #330
geoffsinger
Mini-Con

Im fairly certain that the paypal 180 day window doesnt start until the expected release date, and since that hasn't arrived yet it is not a factor. I had this happen with NMC and after a few emails just decided it wasnt worth my time to fight it and will just wait for my order to eventually show up.... but never again.
geoffsinger is offline   Reply With Quote