Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #21
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise
Re: The things Hasbro/Takara do that you hate!

Dunno. I'm out in Corner Brook. I've seen the full Netflix lineup minus Magnus.

Also studio series Roadbuster, Shatter and Jeep bee out in Gander (not sure how new those are but I hadn't seen them yet).
Voyagers are another story. Haven't seen anything past the Long Haul wave.

Pretty sure ER wave two is only now starting to trickle out in Canada and the US. So I don't expect to see those yet. Maybe the battle masters. They seem to be getting closer in the sightings thread.

Last edited by TriBlurr; 07-27-2020 at 10:17 AM.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #22
BoNKerS
Animated

Their Exclusive Bullsh*t.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #23
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
Yup Store Exclusives
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #24
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Yup Store Exclusives

ill triple that vote
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #25
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Last wave distribution. ramhorm, novastar, rumble/ratbat......

Absolutely this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 View Post
That has everything to do with retailers and nothing to do with Hasbro.

I disagree. Hasbro has to realize that if they ship a last wave to retailers for release in, like, October when previous waves are still piled up and trying to be cleared out and then have a new line debuting in late November/December for Christmas, stores are going to choose to sell the new stuff and not give a crap about the previous line's wave. It's doubly worse when the last wave is usually like 1-4 figures instead of a full compliment. I know part of it is on retailers, but that's more an issue of the fact that they won't understand the problem. Employees aren't necessarily or likely to be TF fans like us, so they just see "Another box of robot toys to sell" and not that we're going to be fretting waiting for them to open up the boxes of the last wave for the figures we haven't been able to get before.

They really should just spread things out more. 4 waves, all full range (every wave has like 3-4 "master" minis, 3-5 deluxes, 2-3 voyagers, 1-2 leaders. plus add in a commander and a titan somewhere in the year) and more or less evenly spaced. No stupid half-measure final wave, no stragglers.

December: Wave 1

March: Wave 2 + Commander

June: Wave 3

September: Wave 4 + Titan

There. Everything's spaced out and they have 2-3 months to clear out wave 4 to make room for the next line coming in December. The 2 big ticket purchases are evenly spaced out, and the Titan is held until the end of the line as a capstone and to make it more attractive as a potential holiday purchase for people who might not otherwise justify the giant price tag. They can even bleed releasing the Titan into the early part of the next line as well during wave 1.

Retailer exclusives are a distant 2nd for me mostly because I don't think it's this big of an issue in the US, we just get shafted in Canada by Amazon.ca's lag, EBGames' relative indifference, and TRU being stuck in limbo for long periods when it comes to Target exclusives.

Also that Pulse up here blows and specialty retaliers like A3U and whatnot are a mixed bag.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 07-27-2020 at 02:44 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #26
Msol
Titanium

The obsession with fake parts.

I really would have liked it if MP Prime 3.0 had one grill across both truck and bot mode. I mean they basically made up his truck more anyway!
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #27
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Hollowness is becoming a pretty big issue. Price increases should mean a better quality/ more sturdy figure (instead we get the opposite, gaps galore). More of a Hasbro issue than a Takara issue since the MP's are made fairly well for the most part (except that the new MP pricing is just ).
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #28
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

One thing that has chapped my ass recently is the designers going like, 90% on figure design.
Example; CW Devastator being 5 out of the 6 are so slavishly G1, then Mixmaster is 100% a totally new design. Or how with the Siege Tetra Jets, how they got 90% of the "flying pyramid" altmode, but stopped before giving them their pointy tail fins, leaving us to rely on Toyhax to create them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Hasbro has to realize that if they ship a last wave to retailers for release in, like, October when previous waves are still piled up and trying to be cleared out and then have a new line debuting in late November/December for Christmas, stores are going to choose to sell the new stuff and not give a crap about the previous line's wave. It's doubly worse when the last wave is usually like 1-4 figures instead of a full compliment. I know part of it is on retailers, but that's more an issue of the fact that they won't understand the problem. Employees aren't necessarily or likely to be TF fans like us, so they just see "Another box of robot toys to sell" and not that we're going to be fretting waiting for them to open up the boxes of the last wave for the figures we haven't been able to get before.
Everything You're talking about falls under "not our problem" for Hasbro.
Last wave scarcity, again, is ENTIRELY on the head's of the various retailers for not ordering them in sufficient quantities. Outside of specific collector oriented retailers, the stores DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT COLLECTORS!!! These figures aren't just languishing in some dark back room, just waiting to be put out by apathetic employees, they're just plain not there! And clearly Hasbro must make enough money off these last waves to not want to do something about the whole situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Hollowness is becoming a pretty big issue. Price increases should mean a better quality/ more sturdy figure (instead we get the opposite, gaps galore). More of a Hasbro issue than a Takara issue since the MP's are made fairly well for the most part (except that the new MP pricing is just ).
You can't compare MP's to regular retail figures. MP's have ALL THE MONEY thrown at them while the regular stuff all has to fit within a set budget for each figure. Plastic costs money! If you want figures that are totally solid and come with all the accessories and are covered in paint, be prepared to pay upwards of $40 for a deluxe.
And it's not a Hasbro vs Takara thing because Japan gets all the same retail figures we get.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #29
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
On top of stupid Store Exclusive decisions....

Holes.... STOP WITH THE HOLES/Ports/ 5mm whatever you wanna call it!!! I don't want or need to peg the gun into every imaginable spot.

This one is a tad selfish as I know some people enjoy this...

But I want my figures clean without random holes everywhere!!!

STOP THE HOLES!!!!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:49 PM   #30
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
On top of stupid Store Exclusive decisions....

Holes.... STOP WITH THE HOLES/Ports/ 5mm whatever you wanna call it!!! I don't want or need to peg the gun into every imaginable spot.

This one is a tad selfish as I know some people enjoy this...

But I want my figures clean without random holes everywhere!!!

STOP THE HOLES!!!!
You or someone could probably just make some neutral hole fillers that would look just fine.

For me it's not the holes the issue, it's that they are just holes and flat 5mm pins, and are not actual connectors that can "snap" (or unsnap) properly and securely. Everything ends up going loose because of that.