Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #21
justprime
Animated
Re: "I only want complete figures" and other hurdles of selling.

In the case of overseas pieces some of those axcesories are so rare or hard to find you'll pay almost as much as you did for the main toy..... .
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #22
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I am amazed at how grown adults don't have all the parts to their toys as it is.

I refuse to buy anything that isn't complete. I don't have the time to hunt down parts someone should be adult enough to keep.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:07 PM   #23
big dawg
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I am amazed at how grown adults don't have all the parts to their toys as it is.

I refuse to buy anything that isn't complete. I don't have the time to hunt down parts someone should be adult enough to keep.
Are you this condescending in real life or is it just an Internet thing?
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #24
Pascal
Banned

I kinda have to agree with Einstein on that one. And I don't understand when adults make comments like "Headmasters suck, if you lose the head, your figure is worthless". Why on Earth would an adult misplace an entire head but not, say, a tiny missile? To the point they would rather kill the gimmick to prevent the problem (glue the head permanently in place or something). My 5 year old son has a whole bunch of Power Rangers Megazords with tons of detachable parts and he always makes sure they're complete.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #25
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

I'm with Shockwave on this, but I also get why people want complete figures vs. incomplete. People want to buy older toys and have everything in one go...no fuss or anxiety trying to find accessories.

And God forbid you then want good conditioned accessories, like chromed missiles or such.

And then there's Japanese G1 accessories.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #26
Baryonyx
Armada

I doubt I'd buy a complete figure. Hunting for parts is part of the obsession, and if I have the complete thing it's just going to take the edge off for a day, not the week or so that a sweet part purchase might.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #27
big dawg
Energon

I understand the mentality of wanting things complete (I am one of those)- however if someone lists something that is missing a certain accessory it's not really cool to say "well it's missing x so it's only worth y". I mean all of us generally have an idea or the means to find out what the market price is for something so if someone is out to lunch on their prices, just move along.
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:12 PM   #28
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Ah ok, I misread. So he said something like "Ok, I was asking $10 for it, but since it's incomplete, I'll reduce the price to $10. How does that sound?"
Ouch!
Or maybe put a "D" at the beginning and an "E" at the end.

Quote:

While I totally agree, I'm also amazed at how anyone older than 10 could lose parts or break Transformers.

I always concluded they were never that serious about the toys or fans in the 1st place.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #29
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
While I totally agree, I'm also amazed at how anyone older than 10 could lose parts or break Transformers.

I always concluded they were never that serious about the toys or fans in the 1st place.
^ This.

The toys I had as a kid are all missing something or other, or are in very "played with" condition. Some figures have vanished without a trace.

The toys I bought as an adult are, for the most part, in excellent condition and are complete in their (opened) original packaging.

It's all about how much these things mattered to you. If I ever decided to let go of some of my collection, I daresay their new owners would not be disappointed.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:50 AM   #30
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:

As far as modern figures go, I agree. But if we're talking vintage I think it's almost unreasonable to expect them to be complete and pristine. I mean, we're talking about figures that are at least 32 years old. Older if you want the actual Diaclone or Microchange versions.
I just kinda think that out right refusal to buy anything incomplete is really limiting since I'd be willing to bet that there are more incomplete vintage figures around than there are complete ones.