Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Star Trek Kreo Bird of Prey Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPoer View Post
you have good points but if you compare it to other kreo the big prime was 532 pieces for 60$
I wouldn't go comparing Transformers to Star Trek, for one thing the Big Prime had fewer large pieces I'd wager, which = less use of plastics and there were no light tech functions with him.

While the Larger Optimus had 532 pieces and only cost 60$ Hasbro owns that IP, with the licensing fee I'd say 15$ is a much better deal than the 30-40$ increase in LEGO Star Wars sets of a large variety when compared to their own generic IPs.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #22
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Actually saw this at the North Side Fredericton Walmart for $29.99. They were sold out of the Enterprise set, but it was $74.99.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #23
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandoclone87 View Post
Actually saw this at the North Side Fredericton Walmart for $29.99. They were sold out of the Enterprise set, but it was $74.99.
I'm not so sure they are sold out, on the weeked I saw spots for the Kreons, Enterprise and small ships all marked with NEW price tag notifications... However the other Wal-Mart I just went to earlier didn't have jack squat. And the shelves were bare of all Kre-O stuff on the Weekend, leaving me to suspect that they hadn't actually put the stock out yet.

I'm beginning to think Wal-Mart Canada is being a bit of a cautious sort and won't have them actually on shelves until closer to the movie's start. Which is kind of dumb, because the date from Hasbro was Apr. 29th.

I mean, unless there's a whole lot of fans out there who bought up the entire stock of Enterprises for 75$ a pop I'm doubtful they could have sold out that fast, considering the Klingon Bird-of-Prey is still languishing on shelves and if the Trek fans were really that into the sudden Kre-O stuff they'd at least want a Klingon ship and Uhura to go with the Enterprise crew.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I'm not so sure they are sold out, on the weeked I saw spots for the Kreons, Enterprise and small ships all marked with NEW price tag notifications... However the other Wal-Mart I just went to earlier didn't have jack squat. And the shelves were bare of all Kre-O stuff on the Weekend, leaving me to suspect that they hadn't actually put the stock out yet.

I'm beginning to think Wal-Mart Canada is being a bit of a cautious sort and won't have them actually on shelves until closer to the movie's start. Which is kind of dumb, because the date from Hasbro was Apr. 29th.

I mean, unless there's a whole lot of fans out there who bought up the entire stock of Enterprises for 75$ a pop I'm doubtful they could have sold out that fast, considering the Klingon Bird-of-Prey is still languishing on shelves and if the Trek fans were really that into the sudden Kre-O stuff they'd at least want a Klingon ship and Uhura to go with the Enterprise crew.
In Fredericton, NB. if it's not on the shelf, it's sold out.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post

Got a chance to check out the South Side Walmart and they are stocked full of the Star Trek Kre-O.