Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-30-2022, 07:39 PM   #71
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

Went to TRU in Qu?bec and bought Workds Collide set and SS Galvatron. Neither are final sale so looks like the policy is only on closed box action figures in Qu?bec so far.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:26 PM   #72
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Trained staff could spot the swaps before the return can be made.
Some hardcore collectors still can't spell Scorponok or Unicron right but you're expecting non-fan employees to basically recognize all the toys being returned?
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:36 PM   #73
VicRav
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Some hardcore collectors still can't spell Scorponok or Unicron right but you're expecting non-fan employees to basically recognize all the toys being returned?
Most figures are displayed on the back of the box. A simple comparison would suffice. Very few repacks have been seen where alterations to the back of the packaging have been made.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:55 PM   #74
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
Most figures are displayed on the back of the box. A simple comparison would suffice. Very few repacks have been seen where alterations to the back of the packaging have been made.
Not talking about just Transformers, talking about ALL the toys than can possibly be returned. You can't ask employees to specifically be experts in Transformers...
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 02:40 PM   #75
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Not talking about just Transformers, talking about ALL the toys than can possibly be returned. You can't ask employees to specifically be experts in Transformers...
Expert no? Being able to identify an item? 100% yes, its pretty much a requirement when it comes to working in sales.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:52 AM   #76
athanato
Generation 2

TRU has been gearing up their anti-consumer service the past two years so let them fail, I stopped being a customer last year. Game Stop, Walmart and Amazon have better normal prices anyways...heck even some of the independent online shops have better prices than TRU. As for not being able to return defective items, not only is that the ultimate scumbag move it sounds illegal to me.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:58 AM   #77
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
IMHO, toy swapping and scalper returns, could easily be dealt with if only they had trained staff that actually knew the product in each store, and they treated them well enough so they cared. But that means investing in the staff, which ain't going to happen.

Trained staff could spot the swaps before the return can be made. And if they tracked the number of returns someone makes, maybe they can simply stop selling to them. I mean online stores track pre-order cancellations/returns, and if you do it too much, they stop letting you pre-order. If a small business can do that, surely TRU could.

But instead, they pass the buck on to the customer. And well, that's going to cost them sales in the long run. Don't know how much they make on collector stuff, so don't know how much of a dent it's going to make on their bottom line in the short term. But if this is an indication of how the company is run in general, everyone get out their black suits, there's a funeral in future.

I mean, I can preorder my stuff from our site sponsors for cheaper, be pretty much guaranteed that I'll get it, and it won't be tampered with. So what's the incentive for me to buy from TRU again?

Scalpers can be dealt with the limited unit sales [1-2 per customer], and limited returns per same item. Forcing people to pay with a credit card to help keep track of who buys as well, even a forced R zone membership would further help track who is scalping to deal with them appropriately. While not a direct comparison example look at PS5 sales, now that they are finally sold in stores you can actually find them in the wild because the scalper bots can't get to them. TRU pay staff to run the stores, train them properly and they can deal with scalper abuse with reasonable effect.

Netflix Bumblebee

Last edited by athanato; 11-01-2022 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:03 AM   #78
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Hahahahahaha, holy smokes!

That's a hell of a lot of effort, geez

I've only seen swapping at walmart as well, I even reported it to staff and they failed to understand basic English as they looked at me as if I was talking Klingon to them and they just put it back on the shelf.

Netflix Bumblebee
Old 11-01-2022, 02:06 AM   #79
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
They wouldn't introduce the policy arbitraily.

Something is happening frequently enough which is causing them to lose money and or spend money handling returns.

Scalpers returning massive large amounts of unscalpable products (especially late in a product run)?

Product swapping?

Hardcore collectors returning product because of a fleck of paint being out of place?

Certainly a problem with returns is that it makes it difficult for a store to gauge the actual demand for future lines.

Scalpers have been abusing the system, when I was looking for Runabout and Thrust I asked if they had stock and they said someone just returned multiple of them. Scalpers need to be shot out into the sun as they are causing financial harm for everyone.

Netflix Bumblebee
Old 11-01-2022, 02:12 AM   #80
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
This dbag?s handiwork is pretty notorious in the local community. I actually have a picture of him from metro tru surveillance after he tried pulling multiple shenanigans

I hope they called the cops on him, swapping is fraud.

Netflix Bumblebee