Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-18-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
suggestions for tfcon 2017

I know some of you are still recovering from plastic crack over dose,but this could be a good time to offer suggestions on what was good or what was bad about this years eventwhile it's still all fresh in your minds and what suggestions you could have for next years event.
whether it be for future panels or events for the little ones,whatever suggestions you have,all are welcome.

i'm gonna suggest some kind of deluxe class race,akin to hotwheels tracks,but deluxe sized bots in car/truck modes for the little ones
Old 07-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
wedge1021
Energon
Re: suggestions for tfcon 2017

Overall, I enjoyed the con again this year, my 3rd year in a row. I only attended the Saturday, but managed to tick off all the boxes on my mental to-do list. A little shopping, a lot of meetups for sales, checking out all the cool 3rd Party stuff I'll never be able to afford, and taking in the interesting panels and enjoying listening to this year's guests.

There is only one negative that I can think of myself, and it's pretty minor. I was sitting more in the back section of seats for the Beast Wars Q/A with Ian James Corlett and Jim Byrnes. For about the last 10 minutes of the panel it was very hard to hear the guests speak as many cosplayers began to hang around in the back of the room in preparation for the next panel, and seemed more interested in their own not-so-quiet conversations. Like I said, a minor thing but possibly something that could be better addressed in future.

As far as lineups, admission, etc went, everything seemed to go quite smoothly, the best so far that I have seen. Great job by the event staff. Thanks to you all and keep up the great work!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
chroma23
douchebag

water was running a bit dry at the hallway by the panel room in the afternoon saturday, on every table. hopefully the hotel staff are a bit more mindful at refilling water next year.

how did i get water? i went to the back of the dealer room, where the overflow hallway is, and there is plenty of water there....

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129

Last edited by chroma23; 07-18-2016 at 04:06 PM.
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
DuG
Titanium

I had a great time at TFCON again this year and thoroughly enjoyed all of the panels that I sat in.

As the toys are a major part of this fandom I'd like to suggest a panel prevented by toy designers official or third party to talk about their designs.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
tusko
Classic

More parking.
How about a comic book drawing panel? Teach the youngsters what media to use, how to plan and draw sequential art.
Maybe story specific sections - Movie stuff, Generations/G1 stuff, other TF fiction and toys.
Maybe a panel to contrast comics to cartoons. How that's defined the medium.
More freebies for the kids and under 10 crowd. Really make them feel special.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #6
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Great suggestions
I'd like to see the return of Transformers Pictionary

As a fan, I participated in this in 2007 and it was such a fun, grassroots experience playing it with/against other TF fans
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #7
grizzly519
Alternator

Definitely more parking spaces as half the front lot is reserved for the chop restaurant.Have the major guests q&a at a diferent time slot then the last hour of dealer room.Have the major guests autograph session time slot clearly marked on the lanyard or the schedule sheet as it was on neither and only knew from printing it out in advance from this site.If not in the comic have the custom class figures bio available on a card/sheet as am currently waiting now for it to be posted online.Offer the lanyard covers seperately for those that want it.Perhaps try again for convention beersteins and shotglasses but at reasonable prices that people would want to pay for it.Otherwise GREAT as SOOOOO much to do and not enough time to do it.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

Quote:
For about the last 10 minutes of the panel it was very hard to hear the guests speak as many cosplayers began to hang around in the back of the room in preparation for the next panel,
Thank you for bringing that up. In my neverending quest to Be A More Laid-Back Panel Queen, I had to play the game of "should I let this go or not?" and that had been a moment of indecision. It's a tough call, deciding what's an okay level of noise (especially when the silent auction will naturally have conversations going on and the hallway gets loud as well) and what isn't. I'll try to keep a better ear out for that in the future.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #9
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
Great suggestions
I'd like to see the return of Transformers Pictionary

As a fan, I participated in this in 2007 and it was such a fun, grassroots experience playing it with/against other TF fans
lmfao....you just brought back memories of my first tfcon....iirc it was shan running the Pictionary....most memorable to this day...' the rebirth" lolz....
(and I still cherish the g1 soundwave and mug you gave me bro)
Old 07-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #10
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Biggest criticism I had was directed at the hotel bar for how they had no special menu pricing this year. They had a special food menu, sure, but no special pricing on said menu (I definitely ate less at the bar because of it).

Looking towards next year though, I've got a panel idea myself for running a Transformers-themed Wheel of Fortune - we've run it at local cons, and all I'd really need to do other than reskinning my software is make a software replacement for the physical wheel we've used. It'd probably work well as a pre-charity auction event to kill time between registration and opening ceremonies.