Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Fort Max reissue

Why order from BBTS???

Why not wait and see what the local Canadian guys are doing? I'm sure it will be pretty close in price and shipping/customs should be quite a bit less combined.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Why order from BBTS???

Why not wait and see what the local Canadian guys are doing? I'm sure it will be pretty close in price and shipping/customs should be quite a bit less combined.
One benefit with BBTS is the ability to easily cancel pre-orders right up to when it arrives at their warehouse, so April in this case. IF the reissue has... Issues (bizarre chrome added, no accessories, etc) we won't know about those for another while. So freedom to cancel if pics and reviews change your mind is a big plus for some folks.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
One benefit with BBTS is the ability to easily cancel pre-orders right up to when it arrives at their warehouse, so April in this case. IF the reissue has... Issues (bizarre chrome added, no accessories, etc) we won't know about those for another while. So freedom to cancel if pics and reviews change your mind is a big plus for some folks.
This is it exactly.

My pre-order will most likely switch to either Automaton or HLJ once more info is available.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
sleeper323
Bulky

"drooling"
why is all the good shit so damn expensive!!
i want one
sleeper323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I wonder if the Asia market will get another exclusive with this reissue. Like a coin, or maybe they'll include a recolor of Grand Maximus's Pretender shell.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #26
Pascal
Banned

It's Fort Max. It won't come with a coin, it will come with a satellite dish dammit!

Personally, I hope it comes with the Master Sword!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I actually threw down a pre-orders too, in order to hedge my bets. If it's an exact reissue (no bizarre chrome *cough*sixshot*cough*, all the accessories) then I may end up with my original on display and this one for actual transforming and covering with minibots.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #28
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler

Fingers crossed. Ehobby grand max.

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Warnings to Canadians that shipping and more importantly duty are going to be potentially killer on this one.

If a TFSource or domestic (i.e. automaton, etc.) get it those duty worries aren't as bad, but otherwise on top of $60+ shipping, we could get hit with another $100+ in charges (so personally I don't recommend ordering from BBTS to a CDN address).
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
STI 2NV
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Warnings to Canadians that shipping and more importantly duty are going to be potentially killer on this one.

If a TFSource or domestic (i.e. automaton, etc.) get it those duty worries aren't as bad, but otherwise on top of $60+ shipping, we could get hit with another $100+ in charges (so personally I don't recommend ordering from BBTS to a CDN address).

Just make sure you choose a USPS option and Duty should be low, maybe $25-40 at least if you live in Alberta.

If Mario ends up with a pretty good Preorder price I will be all over that.
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote