Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
damian_1349
Machine War
Re: Any word on Generations Scourge, Kup, T-crackah?

wal mart still has 2 pegs for the generations figures..so there is some small sliver of hope
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #12
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Probably hope for some concrete info from Hasbro at botcon regarding what they're doing with Generations. Speculation would be unnecessarily grim at this point given the lack of information of late.

In the long run you should look into american friends though!
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
Prime Sinister
Animated

The recent sightings of Grappels at TRU is a good sign the older lines are not dead
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Yeah, I'm just about ready to bite the bullet as well.

The new Generations figures are already selling for $30 after shipping on ebay. Unless we start seeing them at retail in Canada, that number is only going to go up.

I'd rather just spend a little extra now and rest easy knowing that I've got mine.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I'm pessimistically hopeful. It seems unlikely that they'll show, but Zellers did surprise me last week with new older stock including Windcharger and Heavytread from RTS and PCC, so maybe they'll get some Generations lovin' in as well.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I'm pessimistically hopeful.
Hmm... isn't this an oxymoron.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Only ever saw one Heavytread and the later Generations/RTS waves never showed in great quanitities. I still have hope that once the third movie toys die down (Including the Prime toys next fall) then they will go back to the Classics and Universe lines.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
tusko
Classic

It is just a similarity with comics - while not identical - I still feel is true.

As a kid you could get comics everywhere; corner stores, grocery stores, comic shops, book stores and random spinner racks.
They they moved into specialty "comic book" stores. The pricing went up and availability dropped. Now I have to preorder stuff and they are pretty exclusive items, in that the average joe walking in off the street can't get into the hobby without ordering in advance.

Now with TFs, as a kid, I recall Eatons and Sears having walls of G1 stuff for years. Then availability dropped, where as above, people are claiming Heavytreads and Windchargers are in short supply. Then everything is pre-ordered and shipped to the collector as brick and mortar stores get out of them or only have poor selection.

I don't want to pre-order stuff. I don't want to check a release schedule. I don't want to need a sightings thread. I want to go to the store, get my milk and break and pick up the item I want. Its quite discouraging.

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 05-30-2011 at 04:48 PM.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusko View Post
It is just a similarity with comics - while not identical - I still feel is true.

As a kid you could get comics everywhere; corner stores, grocery stores, comic shops, book stores and random spinner racks.
They they moved into specialty "comic book" stores. The pricing went up and availability dropped. Now I have to preorder stuff and they are pretty exclusive items, in that the average joe walking in off the street can't get into the hobby without ordering in advance.

Now with TFs, as a kid, I recall Eatons and Sears having walls of G1 stuff for years. Then availability dropped, where as above, people are claiming Heavytreads and Windchargers are in short supply. Then everything is pre-ordered and shipped to the collector as brick and mortar stores get out of them or only have poor selection.

I don't want to pre-order stuff. I don't want to check a release schedule. I don't want to need a sightings thread. I want to go to the store, get my milk and break and pick up the item I want. Its quite discouraging.

Your kidding right? While I love the idea, it is simply just impossible to demand a store to carry the perfect selection of items that you, Tusko, are looking for. And don't just make this about toys, I went to 4 stores yesterday looking for a Wii game and you know what, not one store had it in stock. Sucks? Yes, but I should have done a better job in getting it earlier or called ahead of time to see if they have it in stock. If I wanted it bad enough, I will get it one way or another.

I'm sure that you are just blowing off steam, but I have to assume that you have been in this collecting game long enough to know that there is nothing worse then an collector who feels like they are entitled to something as trivial as a collectible.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
Autovolt 127
Animated

I have faith.

My guess is their just holding back, once Christmas comes close they'll need all the Transformers stock they can get.

Meanwhile i hope i find them in the states over the summer.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote