Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69
Hey Guys, got a question,

Hey guys, been a while since Ive been on the board. I just moved in with my girlfriend and I have a question.

I know if people smoke around toys they can start to smell like smoke, but does the same thing apply with pot smoke? Because if it does, shes going outside! lol

Thanks

CJ
Old 06-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Hey Guys, got a question,

What an odd question.

Anyways, rather than go off on some silly joke or rant or whatever, I'm actually going to answer the question.

I would assume that any sort of smoke or aerosol could cause problems or leech into the plastic.

As a general rule I know I try to keep my figures away from any type of smoke (even from cooking), from hairspray, air fresheners, scented candles, pet and animal smells, deodorants colognes and perfumes, strong food odours, cleaners, etc.

Whether some of those would actually have an effect on the plastic, I don't know. I'd just rather be on the safe side.

So safe in fact that when I store my figures I try to keep them in air-tight ziplock bags, just to make sure they won't absorb any musty basement smell or reek of the storage container's strong smelling plastic.

edit: and congrats on moving in with your girlfriend.

Last edited by Shepp; 06-28-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

You'd have to smoke ALOT of dope for that to happen.

So unless she's smoking 10-20 joints a day I think you're okay.

But seriously though

BEER > Pot

Have her think about it.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 06-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
BEER > Pot

Have her think about it.
I'm going to have to disagree, health wise anyways.

Alcohol is FAR worse for you in the short term than marijuana.

I put the 'short term' caveat because nobody really knows what the long term effects of marijuana are. Still, I doubt that they are worse than the liver and brain damage that alcohol causes.
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Richter
Nexus Maximus

PS. smoking inside is illegal (unless this is a house you're sharing) and gross anyways. Pot smell really sticks around in fabrics, and you never know when good old moms is gunna pop by.

Or your boss

Or the cops.

Or when you have to babysit your baby niece.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
PS. smoking inside is illegal (unless this is a house you're sharing) and gross anyways. Pot smell really sticks around in fabrics, and you never know when good old moms is gunna pop by.

Or your boss

Or the cops.

Or when you have to babysit your baby niece.

As far as I know, in Ontario smoking (cigs) is still legal in privately owned residential buildings. Apts, condos, townhouses, semi-detached, stand alone homes are considered residential. I forget if hotels are deemed residential.

Anything commercial, industrial, or publicly owned (government and community stuff) and smoking (cigs) is illegal within the building and within 5 (I think it was 5, might have been 3) meters from any entrance.

But what do I care? I don't smoke.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
Richter
Nexus Maximus

In BC it's illegal to smoke in condos and townhouses, I'm pretty sure. If it isn't, it'll be in every bylaw.

I've also never lived in an appartment that has allowed smoking so I assumed it was a law.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Anyways, I'd be a bit angry if i bought a second hand figure and it had a smell, no matter what the smell was.

I could get a MIB Complete Fortress Maximus and still be angry if it smelled like really tasty fresh baked cookies. But then I'd just have to tolerate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
In BC it's illegal to smoke in condos and townhouses, I'm pretty sure. If it isn't, it'll be in every bylaw.

I've also never lived in an appartment that has allowed smoking so I assumed it was a law.

In Ontario they're moving to eventually have smoking (cigs) banned in public (anywhere outside) and on any shared living space and rental property. Its just very gradual. So eventually the only place people will be able to smoke is in stand-alone house. Already people can't smoke in their cars if children are present, or will be present in the car.

Then I assume the smoking population will drop so much that Ontario will just make smoking (cigs) illegal. Either that or there will be a revolution by the smokers.

I mean, I don't smoke, but cigs are still legal (though controlled) substances. I don't agree with the way the government is forcing people's decisions.

Last edited by Shepp; 06-28-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

I would get your lady to smoke outside. I smoke the greens but I keep it outside of the house, same goes for cigarettes
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
Hey guys, been a while since Ive been on the board. I just moved in with my girlfriend and I have a question.

I know if people smoke around toys they can start to smell like smoke, but does the same thing apply with pot smoke? Because if it does, shes going outside! lol

Thanks

CJ
Any kind of smoke has a negative affect on plastics and it isn't just smell that sticks! Smoke turns plastic yellow just like direct sunlight albeit slightly more gradually.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote