Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
tusko
Classic
Animated Snarl

Is animated Snarl (The Triceratops) worth getting? I got Jazz from that wave.... but wasn't too thrilled with the others in that selection (Oilslick, Snarl and Soundwave). Now I think all the animated toys have been awesome but I'm kinda reserving funds for Galvatron and Ironhide.

What are your thoughts on what to get... more Universe or more Animated?
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master
Re: Animated Snarl

Snarl is great. The instructions are kinda misleading, so figuring out exactly how everything works in bot mode is difficult the first time, but then it's obvious. He's very fun and has great character in his sculpt. If you had to get just one Dinobot, let it be Snarl.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Magnimus
Alternator

No way. He's no good. Snarl's legs don't stay together, he has very little usuable articulation in either mode, his weapon doesn't store anywhere, he's full of gaps in robot mode, and the triceratops head on his chest looks like a pile of junk on a hinge.

Unless you want to keep him for display in dino-mode, I don't think he's worth it.

Oil Slick is actually an awesome figure. Great articulation, fun transformation, a unique look -- he's great.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
tusko
Classic

Better than swoop and Grimlock?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
tusko
Classic

Magnimus: Jazz vs. Oilslick.... what say you?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusko View Post
Magnimus: Jazz vs. Oilslick.... what say you?
Oilslick. When Jazz is transformed into his car mode, it is very hard to keep his doors flush with the body of the car. Oilslick transforms into the motorcycle without a hitch or hint of his robot mode. Also, Oilslick's chain weapon is quite long whereas Jazz's nuncucks are very small. They have no range. Finally, in robot mode, Jazz's carhood chest has the habit of lifting up over his head when you move his shoulder articualtion. There is nothing holding the hood/chest down. Oilslick doesn't have such problems.

I never planned to get Oilslick, but he turned out to be my favorite figure of that wave. He's odd for a transformer, but a great toy where it counts.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
tusko
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
Oilslick. When Jazz is transformed into his car mode, it is very hard to keep his doors flush with the body of the car. Oilslick transforms into the motorcycle without a hitch or hint of his robot mode. Also, Oilslick's chain weapon is quite long whereas Jazz's nuncucks are very small. They have no range. Finally, in robot mode, Jazz's carhood chest has the habit of lifting up over his head when you move his shoulder articualtion. There is nothing holding the hood/chest down. Oilslick doesn't have such problems.

I never planned to get Oilslick, but he turned out to be my favorite figure of that wave. He's odd for a transformer, but a great toy where it counts.
I'll check it out. I agree that Jazz's chest flips up, however I have no problems with alignment in car mode. Maybe you don't have the shoulders pushed in properly. My only transformation issue with Jazz is that there is very little clearance for when the lower legs fold out.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

Yes, he's worth it. He has a cool transformation and looks good in both modes.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
he's full of gaps in robot mode, and the triceratops head on his chest looks like a pile of junk on a hinge.
Then you're not transforming him right. Every thing lines up[ nice and clean when done properly. I remember thinking the same until I saw what I was doing wrong.

Jazz is good. I don't know about Magnimus, but mine is flush in car mode and the chest peice is tight enough not to always flip up. Technically only one of Jazz's nunchuk's is short. The other's the proper length. (nunchuk's aren't supposed to be super long like Magnimus implies)

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 08-22-2008 at 04:09 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #10
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i love him, awesome fig, after you figure out how to get his dino head into the right spot, there's very few gaps

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote