Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-06-2023, 06:30 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Brand Team Fan Roundtable for February 2023 Recap ? Cybertronian Mode Ja

The Transformers brand team sat down with multiple fan sites, streamers and the like today to discuss all things Transformers, specifically the reveals we got at the first livestream of the year last week.** TFW2005 was able to join in and we?ve shared some notes from the event after the break.* Read on to check it out, including the first reveal of Cybertronian Mode Jazz! ** Below are very short notes from the Transformers Brand Team roundtable today. This is ALL PARAPHRASED, jotted down quickly during the event. Transformers Team present: Delaney Norris Ben MacCrae Mark Maher Evan Brooks Sam » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers Brand Team Fan Roundtable for February 2023 Recap – Cybertronian Mode Jazz! appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 02-06-2023, 07:07 PM   #2
JonoPrime
Robot Master
Re: Transformers Brand Team Fan Roundtable for February 2023 Recap ? Cybertronian Mod

That Jazz looks great!
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:46 PM   #3
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Brand Team Fan Roundtable for February 2023 Recap ? Cybertronian Mod

Another "Cybertronian-mode" figure ruined by the fact that the first episode of Transformers cut corners by not giving the characters Cybertronian robot modes. I really hope that we see the end of this aesthetic soon.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:57 PM   #4
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

God damn it, I hate that this looks good to me

Hoping it’s more playable than SS86’s shattering back roof panel
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:07 PM   #5
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Another "Cybertronian-mode" figure ruined by the fact that the first episode of Transformers cut corners by not giving the characters Cybertronian robot modes. I really hope that we see the end of this aesthetic soon.
"Ruined"

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:22 PM   #6
Tiffster
Classic

Bring it on.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:18 AM   #7
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Agreed, I’d prefer a split or a fusion between toon and toy like how MP 10, Prowl, Sideswipe and Soundwave molds were before things went toon colour and scale crazy. I like a toon accurate transformation if we can get it but we have to admit the animation was messed at times and I don’t think we have to follow it all the way down the road by putting earth bumpers and fenders on “Cybertronian” modes, if engineers and designers are going to take liberties here is where you do it.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:43 AM   #8
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

I'd like to see a figure with an altmode similar to this, but with robot mode kibble based on that altmode. The "Cybertronian modes" in the first episode of Transformers never made sense and were just done to save on design budget (or possibly to get the characters looking more like their toys sooner) and there's a reason why every future incarnation to show Cybertronian modes (War Within, Armada's first episode, Animated, etc.) altered their robot modes to suit their altmodes.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:18 AM   #9
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Guess I should track down that Origins Bumblebee.

Love the dedication to replicating the goofy ass MTMTE alt modes on clearly earth style bot modes. Is it dumb? Yes. It was dumb back then too. But that's why this is fun.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:28 AM   #10
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
Guess I should track down that Origins Bumblebee.

Love the dedication to replicating the goofy ass MTMTE alt modes on clearly earth style bot modes. Is it dumb? Yes. It was dumb back then too. But that's why this is fun.
Yeah absolutely. I?m up for another new Cybertronian Jazz with a more realistic robot mode in the future, but I love that this one replicates the goofy 80s decision making.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote