Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 01-19-2021, 12:29 AM   #11
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: SS86 Hot Rod and Scourge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Getting great reviews elsewhere. Detailed writeup is appreciated.
As I stated, they are far from horrible and I'm not trying to discourage anyone from getting them if they want them.

I do like them a lot for what they are, but they do have the cons mentioned that for what I paid, I do feel cheated.

I've come to realize that I don't suffer from "newitist" and I do get a lot of grief for being open minded and unbiased about the toys and stating an honest take on them.

I've seen that a LOT of people tend to make excuses and sugar coat it because they want to love the new toy quite a bit, and it's the same people that when the new version comes, they'll be the first the bash the other one that they "loved" once upon a time.. people are fickle like that.

And you have the crowd that believe that Hasbro can't do no wrong and anything bad is "acceptable" because "Hasbro".

I rewatched a few reviews right now, just to see if any of the usual reviewers mention this limitation with the arms and they don't, they only do poses within what the arms can do, so very flat, no dynamic poses whatsoever.

So just to say this again:

Scourge is quite nice, cheaper plastic than Cyclonus in hand, smaller, kibble in alt mode and the feet could have been better to help support the backpack. It does look great and when you do a good pose with it, it's even amazing looking, they really did the head-sculpt really well.

Hot Rod also looks great in a LOT of ways, but the arms being stuck so close to his body, and the way the articulation is engineered makes it really bad to move them well. I know that some will argue that you can do lots of poses by working the arm is different ways, and that's true, but that "different way" requires you to flip the arm at 90 degrees and have the "shoulder" next to his face and he just looks unnatural and just plain bad.

Not sure if I stated it like this but, do I regret them? Not really, but 1) I do wish they didn't have these major blunders, and 2) I do regret the prices that they are selling for (more Hot Rod than Scourge).

If I compare them to just about every other WFC Voyagers I have, they are at the bottom for overall quality and value... even if they really do look great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02885.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	48365  

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-19-2021 at 12:50 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #12
Pascal
Banned

Got Hot Rod today. No issues with it, other than the lack of storage for the Matrix. He's no Rodimus, but still...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #13
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Got Hot Rod today. No issues with it, other than the lack of storage for the Matrix. He's no Rodimus, but still...
This is great to hear
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:09 PM   #14
Pascal
Banned

Oh, another issue: he's outrageously small. lol

Also, he's not that complex to transform, we've had plenty of Movie 1, ROTF and HFTD deluxes that were just as involved if not more.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Oh, another issue: he's outrageously small. lol

Also, he's not that complex to transform, we've had plenty of Movie 1, ROTF and HFTD deluxes that were just as involved if not more.
but but but but "scale"

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:44 PM   #16
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I am surprised that you have so much hate on this new Hot Rod. I personally love this Hot Rod alot...I have no complaint about it. This is the only good Hot Rod that i put it on my must get list since classic(exclude the masterpiece one). He is well engineered and way better than any deluxe, so I understand why this is a voyager. I consider SS86 Hot Rod as the top three figure out of the trilogy/G1 inspired line we have gotten so far. I still have yet open up Scourge, waiting for Galvatron then I will open them together.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:29 PM   #17
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I am surprised that you have so much hate on this new Hot Rod. I personally love this Hot Rod alot...I have no complaint about it. This is the only good Hot Rod that i put it on my must get list since classic(exclude the masterpiece one). He is well engineered and way better than any deluxe, so I understand why this is a voyager. I consider SS86 Hot Rod as the top three figure out of the trilogy/G1 inspired line we have gotten so far. I still have yet open up Scourge, waiting for Galvatron then I will open them together.

Jesus Christ, I wish people would get over themselves with the whole "hate" thing because someone dares say that a toy isn't perfect.

I repeatedly stated that both figures do look great, and that the main issues were: with Hot Rod is the articulation of the arms that limits his movement quite a bit, and Scourge with his feet would benefit greatly from having a rocker articulation due to being back heavy.

With Hot Rod, you cannot do any angled stances with the arms because of it, and due to multiple small parts, it is likely what will break. His arms are stuck riding the side of his torso and that doesn't look right.

That is ZERO hate, just some facts about the design and it's limitation.

As I stated... some people have to white knight toys for some reason and refuse to accept that they could have been done a bit better.

I clearly stated that I do like both figures quite a bit but that they weren't without some things that SHOULD have been done better and that I posted my OBSERVATIONS about the toys so that anyone that does get them and doesn't have that stick up their rear about Hasbro does no wrong thing, can know that these things are a FACT and not be surprised or disappointed that nobody had the balls to state these faults when they get them.

So again.. not "hate", just stated the things that I, and others have stated on other forums, have OBSERVED as being the "cons" of the toy(s).

oy... does that clear things up (again)?

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-21-2021 at 01:18 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:01 AM   #18
Pascal
Banned

I can't see what could possibly break on that figure unless you transform it with two hammers.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:35 AM   #19
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
I can't see what could possibly break on that figure unless you transform it with two hammers.
Lmao, yah... funny statement but true.

Yo, the guy who started the thread, just chill out. Its just a 40 dollars toy.. not like masterpiece, don't get so frustrated, lol
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:20 PM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Scourge is fantastic. Mini MP!