Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2023, 11:31 PM   #1
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Studio Series WFC2010 toys

Studio Series "Gamer Edition" War for Cybertron Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Barricade revealed

The Bumblebee seems to be a step down from the 2010 toy. The Optimus looks neat, and as a Voyager he'll be a decent scale (unlike his original Deluxe toy) but the colours seem a bit muted and the head seems to be too small. That might be accurate to the game, but since I'd be buying this as just a Cybertronian version of Optimus Prime rather than as a representation of the game character specifically (I played the game but didn't like it) it's still a minus in my book.

I don't care much about Barricade either way, but the wheel-pegs mean that even if I was interested I wouldn't buy this toy. That's my red line.
Old 03-08-2023, 12:34 AM   #2
Tiffster
Classic
Re: Studio Series WFC2010 toys

I didn't get these then (I have the games) and likely won't again. But my son might as he played the games more .
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 01:10 AM   #3
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

I wonder if this will mean they'll temporarily give Activision the license back to re-release these games digitally. I missed getting Fall of Cybertron for my Steam account back in the day.

It'll be interesting to see the old timers compare this new Voyager to the old Deluxe.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 01:28 AM   #4
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

For that matter, let’s get Devastation re-released and get some wicked new character DLC
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 12:40 PM   #5
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Have the game, played the game, enjoyed it but will pass on these. BB chest looks off.. lots of hollowness.. basically look like cyberverse figures to me.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:04 PM   #6
Marcotron
Robot Master

I remember playing War for Seibertron. Great game.
I don't remember Barricade being in the game at all. If he was in cut scenes, great. I don't remember him being a playable character in the game. I googled it, and apparently he was, but I don't remember him at all. To me, Barricade is a product of the Michael Bay movies, and not a regular character.

Prime looks like he has a really tiny head. Also looks like they simplified the transformation, while making it larger. So, that's lovely. The original deluxe was one of the most complex and yet satisfying figures to transform.

Bumblebee doesn't look much better than the original version. The chest looks weird now. I do like how the shoulders become a part of the vehicle, instead of it all sortof tucking under the shell. I'll reserve judgement till I see more.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote