Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2023, 02:10 PM   #71
delrue
Crossover
Re: holy crap transformers are expensive!

So glad they did a recolour of Cyclonus into a deeper purple. Wasn't loving the lavender on the retail release. Lighter purple might be more accurate but he sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the purple and teal toys.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 02:19 PM   #72
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
So glad they did a recolour of Cyclonus into a deeper purple. Wasn't loving the lavender on the retail release. Lighter purple might be more accurate but he sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the purple and teal toys.
the toy deco is GORGEOUS.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 04:00 PM   #73
timcrook
Cybertron

This Netflix Soundwave cost more than a 3rd party mp Soundwave (fans toys Soundwave) https://www.ebay.ca/itm/393682446178...mis&media=COPY
Old 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #74
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Please keep in mind that someone not liking, or conversly loving a toy is not a personal attack.

We should be able to have these conversations in a polite manner.

Let's keep that in mind going forward.

Thanks.
Agreed, one of the best parts about this Board.

We share our enthusiasm, frustrations and disagreements about this hobby with civility here. Some of the folks on those American boards...they need to relax.

That being said, I agree with the title of the thread, holy crap Transformers are expensive!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:01 PM   #75
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Transformers have gotten so expensive that I've turned to the toy i thought was overpriced, Lego. I have more fun with a speed champions set than a G1-styled deluxe.

I only have 5 transformers on my list for this year.
2022 was 16.
2021 was 28.

Haha, I got into Speed Champions lately too, the most innovative line from Lego at a nice price point (which sometimes includes double licences). I went on a "hunt" today to look for the new March Speed Champions sets and the new G1 Transformers reissues. Found all 3 Speed champion sets but none of the G1 reissues and I'm all smiles. The new 3 in 1 creator sets for March are pretty cool too.

By the way, that new Porsche is really nice. I know sticker complainants are legit, but I like being able to position them as I wish and they keep the cost down while giving some great details. I want to build the other 2 asap but then I'll have nothing as amazing to build in a long while. Definition of first world problems.

And @Robimus, it's all good. I just wanted to give you more pics in case it helped, I don't have much of a say in the matter of scale and whatnot. I like your question on percieved value. By being the opposite of a layman, my value for Tarn is ridiculously skewed since I've always wanted a Tarn but could not afford the 3rd party toys. So this officially licensed Tarn in a retail line is like mana from on high.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:01 PM   #76
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
This Netflix Soundwave cost more than a 3rd party mp Soundwave (fans toys Soundwave) https://www.ebay.ca/itm/393682446178...mis&media=COPY
That's ridiculous. I hope no one falls for that and purchases it. Hasbro will 100% release another proper Soundwave (maybe even the same one) some time in the future.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:28 PM   #77
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
That's ridiculous. I hope no one falls for that and purchases it. Hasbro will 100% release another proper Soundwave (maybe even the same one) some time in the future.
There was mention at the fan day recently that the exclusive deal with walmart is over, so that's why they could do SG Soundwave with the tape deck alt mode. Hopefully they see fit to re-release regular tape deck Soundwave.

That ebay price is ludicrous. He seems to float around 120-150, which is double his retail, but ... wooof.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:29 PM   #78
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
I think the funniest part about Cyclonus for me is that I can do an '86 movie Scourge situation with how many copies of him I have.

I bought the Kingdom release at full price because it was that good, got a 2nd one on sale because "armada", received a 3rd for exchanging to Hasbro CS, then bought the toy deco one for the Battlemaster Geewunner-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
I'm pretty sure Knok (?) and Scar belong to Doubledealer so that's an overpriced and falsely advertised eBay auction.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:47 PM   #79
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
There was mention at the fan day recently that the exclusive deal with walmart is over, so that's why they could do SG Soundwave with the tape deck alt mode. Hopefully they see fit to re-release regular tape deck Soundwave.
We will get a cartoony SS 86 Soundwave sooner or later to go with SS 86 Frenzy.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 10:06 PM   #80
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Frenzy (Red) to go with Rumble (Blue).

And then Frenzy (Blue) and Rumble (Red) as the obligatory repacks in the year after's TF line because why not?
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
im poor