Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
GogDog
lol
Send a message via AIM to GogDog
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 39 - Entertain our Boredest Hour

Ever since we recorded this, all I can think about is a modern Violen Jiger toy.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Couldn't someone make a custom from Beast Wars Tripredicus for him?

Think about it...3 arthropods....

Where's Chris I to start that drooling?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Great episode guys.

I would definately open my wallet up to a "Leaders" toyline. All that talk about the MP Exkaizer figures made me sad that I missed those... and it's all Vangelus's fault too! Making that damn review that made the toys look absolutely amazing! *shakes fist*

However, damn... that Galvatron transformation is nice! C'mon Takara, lets see this one
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #14
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

That was fun episode, guys! It's nice to get some guests in once in a while. You need to try and have Vangelus and Gogdog on again sometime soon.

A "leaders" line would be cool but I can't really see it paying off. How many repaints could you get out of these figures to make up for making the molds? But I'm all for a Generations Overload, Dai Atlas, Star Saber, and Dezaraus, though!

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

I woke up at 3 in the afternoon thanks to you guys,listening to Slag at the wee hours of the early morning,keeping me up laughing with your constant ramblings.

Regardless,that was quite the informative episode,and it was the first time that I ever heard Jeremy's voice (Never listened to WTF @ TFW) and his insights to what Hasbro could do next.Like the others,I am willing to open my wallet for an affordable,accurate,scale-accurate leader toyline.The 30th anniversary isn't too far off and it would be something to look forward to.As well,a Masterpiece Star Saber?I can see that happening...but won't open my wallet for it,since Masterpiece will be one of the last lines to collect.

I also like to thank Daniel for the little lesson on the timeline of G1 to Beast Machines.It makes me wonder if the whole set-up of Beast Machines was intentionally tying up to the Japanese G1 timeline despite hearing that both Marty Isenberg and Bob Skir were advised not to research on anything before Beast Wars.Still,the Matrices lesson did inspire me to research a bit more on the MacGuffins of the Franchise and see if I can utilize them for my own pieces of fiction.

Speaking of fiction,I completely agree with Chris 'Vangelus' on the demand for more layers in the fiction,particularly the politics and culture of Cybertronian life.I know I have said this in past Slag episodes,but I will recite once more,that there are so many areas unexplored in this franchise in terms of what these alien beings are.So far we only know how they are and what they become in times of war,but what of before and after?What are their advancements in terms of science and technology?What are the political systems?How does the science and mysticism of their race correlate each other compared to our own?This is what I wish that could be uncovered a bit more,and I'm sure there are FanFic writers out there who have also thought and written these concepts with their own perspectives.Still,I would like to see these concepts in a canon fiction one day.

Other than the constant off-topic discussions,this episode was really fun to listen to...and worth it to stay up for.Nice one guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #16
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I'm up for more politics in TFs but only if it dosen't start to mirror or comment on real world politics. I like to use TFs to escape, not get lectured on the latest crises or issue in the world.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #17
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I'm up for more politics in TFs but only if it dosen't start to mirror or comment on real world politics. I like to use TFs to escape, not get lectured on the latest crises or issue in the world.
I agree on this.I'd like to see if the politics of Cybertron or any colonies belonging to them have similar aspects of our own.I don't think it mirror our current events but more towards what's going on in the storyline of whatever fiction they are writing.

Personally,I can imagine Cybertronian politics to be open and accessible as early Greek/Roman politics (ie.an assembly or forum of some kind) combined with the bureaucratic elements that were shown in War Within,War for Cybertron,etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
I agree on this.I'd like to see if the politics of Cybertron or any colonies belonging to them have similar aspects of our own.I don't think it mirror our current events but more towards what's going on in the storyline of whatever fiction they are writing.

Personally,I can imagine Cybertronian politics to be open and accessible as early Greek/Roman politics (ie.an assembly or forum of some kind) combined with the bureaucratic elements that were shown in War Within,War for Cybertron,etc.
Almost all signs of Cybertronian politics and law are depicted in a high end Roman-est way. You have a Ceasar (Prime) but there is still a council (Council of elders) and not to mention Megatron Origins really dug into the cast system of things.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #19
chans formers
raff ow roud

very informative episode guys!!
@proto....i guess somebody knows a wee bit about the matrix

after alot of the good info spewed in this episode,at the end,all i can retain is a mental image of coins flying across the roomlolz!!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #20
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

*cha-chunk

QUARTER!

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast