Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #31
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 38 - Let the Battle be Joined

I discovered Beast Wars completely by accident one faithful day, way back. It was the very first day that Beast Wars was airing, I was bored and flipping channels. About a minute or so before it started my Mom says from across the room "Shawn, turn to YTV, there's some Transformers thing starting now!" and so it began. I caught the very first episode, the first time it aired, and never missed a single episode after that, until Beast Machines.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #32
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
I discovered Beast Wars completely by accident one faithful day, way back. It was the very first day that Beast Wars was airing, I was bored and flipping channels. About a minute or so before it started my Mom says from across the room "Shawn, turn to YTV, there's some Transformers thing starting now!" and so it began. I caught the very first episode, the first time it aired, and never missed a single episode after that, until Beast Machines.
Sounds like what happened to me...I didn't like the name Beasties as a kid so when I heard "COMING UP NEXT! BEASTIES!" I'd change the channel...one day I'm flicking through and I see cheetor jump in cat form and transform.

WTF is this....BEASTIES!? GAH!!! WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #33
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Sounds like what happened to me...I didn't like the name Beasties as a kid so when I heard "COMING UP NEXT! BEASTIES!" I'd change the channel...one day I'm flicking through and I see cheetor jump in cat form and transform.

WTF is this....BEASTIES!? GAH!!! WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?
Lol, same for me. I caught the intro one day and under "Beasties" it said "Transformers." Then I started watching and realized that they WERE Transformers and my mind was instantly blown. It was soon after that I discovered that there were Transformers toys in the stores!! Transmetal Dinobot was purchased soon after. And since then, its never stopped.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #34
Protoman
The Legend

Aside from the commercial story I mentioned in the podcast. I remember first hearing about the show via the YTV voice over guy during the credits of other shows "From the creators of Reboot, be sure to catch Beasties!" I figured Mainframe did some animal CG kiddy show. When I actually saw it (Episode 2), I was not 100% sure it was related to Beast Wars cause Primal was not a bat, but then I saw Cheetor and all was kosher.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #35
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I was not 100% sure it was related to Beast Wars cause Primal was not a bat
LoL funny you mention that...I thought the same thing when I finally caught on all those years ago...and eventually they released a gorilla version for him and a T-rex version for Megatron and all was kosher.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #36
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
LoL funny you mention that...I thought the same thing when I finally caught on all those years ago...and eventually they released a gorilla version for him and a T-rex version for Megatron and all was kosher.
After a few episodes had aired, I was taken to TRU to buy one of the toys, not knowing which toys were out or not. When I got there I was like "Umm... thats not Optimus Primal! Where's the ape? Where's the T-Rex!?" So instead I came home with Cheetor
Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #37
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
After a few episodes had aired, I was taken to TRU to buy one of the toys, not knowing which toys were out or not. When I got there I was like "Umm... thats not Optimus Primal! Where's the ape? Where's the T-Rex!?" So instead I came home with Cheetor
Red Eye Cheetor? He was my first Beast Wars toy.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #38
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Yup, Red Eye cheetor. I didn't get many more until Christmas that year, when I got my Primal and Megs. I am very sad that I never owned a Rattrap though...

Tags
canadian slag, podcast