Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
Decepticon Army
King of the Obscure
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 44 - All Just Won't Stay Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
and this bat which does the same thing when he defeats the evil knee-capticons...
It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #22
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

That was a really entertainign episode, good job mates. Glad to hear it back on again!

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #23
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Man I couldn't listen to the new Slag Episode (Knee deep in essays and applications) but now that's all over,time to see how different this Podcast is now that Chris is occupied.

And thanks for singling me out Chris...but we can't deny that I am the only girl listener that responds to the Podcast...also,nice touch on referencing one of my favourite Simpsons Episodes.

Now then:

It's very interesting about host rotation,which I actually am looking forward to.Whether or not Chris has left a large void to Slag is considerably debatable,but it is nice to see other Members' opinions on the general Fandom and the news we're getting.Not saying there's anything wrong with 'our happy little band',but it is refreshing to have a new opinion for Slag once in a while.

Yes!Guest announcements!Finally!

Phil,you're 23?No offence,but you look much older...like...25.Also,if Dan Gilvezan whispered that Frank got the part of Soundwave before everyone else noticed.....chances are every single one of you would hear the girliest squee ever made.

Hey Daniel...could I see that pic of you and Star Saber?Not cause of the toy itself...but you got me interested on what you look like in a school uniform

Holy crap!I would love a DOTM version of Cryotek!

One of my biggest concerns for DOTM is how much time for character development is there for the robots.Compared to ROTF,where a majority of the new Transformers barely had lines (And Jolt had none),and with new ones coming around,and what we've known on where the direction of writing is being taken,you can only wonder on whether or not any of the characters from ROTF will finally get bits of character development (And Jolt to even have one line...I'm very sure he is coming back for this film)

Another thing is the 'Red Shirt' tactic that the production team have been using.Sure it brings more of the 'destruction' that is the main focus of the film,I was quite annoyed that these very interesting Transformers get killed off the moment they are introduced...but for the case of DOTM,where it is basically an Alien Invasion storyline,'Red Shirting' the various robots are an exception.

Phil,how can you determine that Peter Cullen will voice Sentinel Prime....just because his face looks similar to Cullen,I don't believe that he will be voicing him...I wouldn't mind the fact that Mark Ryan could voice Sentinel.

Corey Burton hasn't done any Pixar films to my knowledge.But you are spot-on on his philosophy towards how he feels about Voice Acting in blockbuster movies.There is a full interview of him explaining why he refused it,and his outlook towards how he views himself as a Voice Actor,which is found in his site http://www.coreyburton.com/ (Go to the Forum [Thread:Transformers]).Personally I was sad about him refusing the role,but I completely respected his reasons for doing so,which I found admirable.

The fact that you compared Shockwave to The Fallen is pretty much a slight insult in my opinion...compared to how The Fallen was treated in ROTF (Wasted potential as I call it).

I would wear those silly 3D masks if there was a Shockwave version available....despite him having one eye.

There is a possibility that the third film may fall unto the same category with the other trilogy films...now that they have a new head writer on board.If Kruger does exceed Orci and Kurtzman in terms of writing,guess who will be calling it in the next few weeks after the premiere of DOTM.

I have an opinion of Prime myself......but that's another day and another cup of tea.

You guys forget to mention the MasterMind Creations Insectatrain :P

A very quick Slag Episode,but other than that,it was pretty cool.Can't wait to hear more Episodes of this 'Brand Spanking New' Podcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!

Last edited by TMIIWonkoNemises; 03-25-2011 at 11:11 AM.
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Hey Daniel...could I see that pic of you and Star Saber?Not cause of the toy itself...but you got me interested on what you look like in a school uniform
Oh man that was like........ wow Grade 10 I think, so like 13 years ago... also it was an ACTUAL photo, so after I dig it up I am going to have to scan it. One day..... it's a funny one
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #25
Supernova
Second star to the right
Thumbs up Re: Canadian Slag Episode 44 - All Just Won't Stay Dead

Welcome back Canadian Slag! It was a nice surprise since I saw it coming in iTunes before I made it to the site.

Overall, enjoyed the episode - loved the intro!

Don't have too much to say otherwise. A part of me thinks that the MechTech gimmick is there to make up for what seems to be simplified transformations (isn't that what Hasbro said they were wanting to do going forward?). I know that will be good for the kids - and that's what matters the most.

The Protoman era is off to a very good start, and I'm looking forward to the next episode! What is the plan for that, if I may ask - bi-weekly, monthly, here and there?

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #26
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Oh man that was like........ wow Grade 10 I think, so like 13 years ago... also it was an ACTUAL photo, so after I dig it up I am going to have to scan it. One day..... it's a funny one
Awesome.I can't wait to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #27
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
Welcome back Canadian Slag! It was a nice surprise since I saw it coming in iTunes before I made it to the site.

Overall, enjoyed the episode - loved the intro!

Don't have too much to say otherwise. A part of me thinks that the MechTech gimmick is there to make up for what seems to be simplified transformations (isn't that what Hasbro said they were wanting to do going forward?). I know that will be good for the kids - and that's what matters the most.

The Protoman era is off to a very good start, and I'm looking forward to the next episode! What is the plan for that, if I may ask - bi-weekly, monthly, here and there?
Thank Phil for all the great editing work he is doing
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast