Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #71
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 27 - Triple cha cha cha cha changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
...such as calling the Predacon ship in Beast Wars...the Predacon ship,I refuse to call it the Darksyde.
wait....people call the Predacon ship Darksyde?

BECAUSE POOR LITERACY IS KEWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
You complete me.
XD RUN CHRIS. RUN FOR YOUR EVER-LOVING LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I was just re-listening to this episode, on iTunes(yay!), and got to the part about Magnaboss. I like to think the Ironhide, Prowl, and Silverbolt from Magnaboss are the G1 characters. Just rebuilt into Maximals.

To me the Silverbolt in the cartoon, is a different character with the same name. His memory banks were damaged and whatnot. The guy couldn't even remember he was a Maximal. So maybe he was a friend of Silverbolt pre-BW, and could just remembered his name and assumed that that was his own name. I like to think he's one of the other Arielbots, like Slingshot.

Owl Prowl I recall reading that he is actually Binaltech Prowl who traveled back in time. Why not? We had 2 Ravages in Binaltech anyway.
ehhh good theory.....the whole Prowl 2 this - IMO - could just be prowl's memories being given to a new body after magnaboss Prowl. That or Hasbro are morons and named this guy prowl forgetting there was a Prowl already XD
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #72
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
ehhh good theory.....the whole Prowl 2 this - IMO - could just be prowl's memories being given to a new body after magnaboss Prowl. That or Hasbro are morons and named this guy prowl forgetting there was a Prowl already XD
The moron was actual Takara. Back in 1987 when Headmasters was being produced, Japan didn't get the 1986 (not till 1991, after Victory). So some of the writers/animators were not aware of Prowl's death (same goes for Wheeljack in Victory). It would not be till YEARS later that Takara would try to fix the mistake with the creation of Binaltech Prowl and his pack-in story. The whole 2 Prowls in Beast Wars was for keeping the licensing, much like how there is 2 Razorclaws in Beast Wars also.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #73
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

ok i know this thread/episode is OLD but if you havent heard the song "autotbot love song" by the pettit project, you really have to look it up. its a really catchy pop song and has a ton of awesome transformers references.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #74
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
ok i know this thread/episode is OLD but if you havent heard the song "autotbot love song" by the pettit project, you really have to look it up. its a really catchy pop song and has a ton of awesome transformers references.
Wow, those guys made it big! I remember seeing them back when I was in high school at the local dive club, assuming its the same band.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #75
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i wouldnt say that they made it big, but they did gather a following i guess. they've since changed their name to "love you to death" and are still together.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast