Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: MP-29 Shockwave... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

I kinda regret not selling my FT Quakewave when it was selling for like 300 USD, I would almost have been able to purchase both the FT version again AND the official version.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #12
Rev
Addict

I am close to cancelling this pre-order and buying another Quakewave.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 AM   #13
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Is anybody else a little surprised to see that he is shorter than MP-10 by an appreciable amount? I think I just assumed he would be the same height.

Or is their sound basis for him to be that height if one goes by the original animation?

Opinions?
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 AM   #14
CanBot
Cybertron

After reading elsewhere that the Decepticon faction insignia are actually STICKERS for Shockwave...I get a sick feeling that we're seeing the crest in TF Masterpiece quality.

You mean to tell me that their profit margin is such that they really thought the few pennies to be pinched in tampo costs were worth it?

Or am I just looking at this wrong...did SW even have a Con ensignia on him in the cartoon?

If that's the case, then so be it and I won't bother applying the sticker. I liked how they did this with Ratchet's shoulder red cross signs....I won't be applying those, and will most likely leave them bare. Or maybe a really good quality 3rd party product with the real symbol.

But if they're doing it to cheap out, then that doesn't make me feel good.

I'm ok with the colour of purple they chose, because I'm sure in hand it will still be good. But if they made it perfect out of the gate, then how could they make more money off me in the future when they re-release him in a darker tone?...or when they re-release the seekers with the same mold, only with ankle pivots? See where I'm going here?

Anyways, bring on Shockwave! I can dig it!
Old 03-25-2016, 01:38 AM   #15
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
Is anybody else a little surprised to see that he is shorter than MP-10 by an appreciable amount? I think I just assumed he would be the same height.

Or is their sound basis for him to be that height if one goes by the original animation?

Opinions?
I was until I looked at the 'official' height chart. Looks about right to me. I don't think he should be as tall as Prime, in any case. I would have liked him to be a little bit taller....matching Soundwave, at least. But it's a very minor thing. They've researched this better than I have, I'm sure. But for those fans of the character who see him as essentially another Megatron, then yes...I can see the issue.

And if it was strictly cost cutting measure to keep him in a certain price range, then Takara really should be careful moving forward. No reason to mess with an otherwise excellent line...they're masterpieces, and should look the part. Hell knows I'm paying enough for it.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:54 AM   #16
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
I was until I looked at the 'official' height chart. Looks about right to me. I don't think he should be as tall as Prime, in any case. I would have liked him to be a little bit taller....matching Soundwave, at least....
Admittedly I haven't placed them side by side in quite a while I am pretty sure that Prime and Soundwave are the same height or at least pretty darn close.

Regardless it pleases me that he is the right height.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:25 AM   #17
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post

Opinions?
Just Google Transformers G1 scale and you can clearly see Shockwave is very slightly shorter than Soundwave and definitely shorter than Megatron who has the same height as Prime.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 03-25-2016 at 02:28 AM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:36 AM   #18
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
After reading elsewhere that the Decepticon faction insignia are actually STICKERS for Shockwave...I get a sick feeling that we're seeing the crest in TF Masterpiece quality.

You mean to tell me that their profit margin is such that they really thought the few pennies to be pinched in tampo costs were worth it?

Or am I just looking at this wrong...did SW even have a Con ensignia on him in the cartoon?

If that's the case, then so be it and I won't bother applying the sticker. I liked how they did this with Ratchet's shoulder red cross signs....I won't be applying those, and will most likely leave them bare. Or maybe a really good quality 3rd party product with the real symbol.

But if they're doing it to cheap out, then that doesn't make me feel good.

I'm ok with the colour of purple they chose, because I'm sure in hand it will still be good. But if they made it perfect out of the gate, then how could they make more money off me in the future when they re-release him in a darker tone?...or when they re-release the seekers with the same mold, only with ankle pivots? See where I'm going here?

Anyways, bring on Shockwave! I can dig it!
Huh? Did you look at what the stickers look like? Takara is giving fans options. You can either make MP Shockwave look like his cartoon appearance or his G1 toy appearance. You can even apply a Con symbol sticker to his chest if you want. That's not cheating out. It's actually very common in Japan for toys to come with various stickers, seals and decals.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:45 AM   #19
Msol
Titanium

Yup, an extremely quick google image search for "G1 Shockwave" shows he had no chest symbol in the cartoon. Makes sense for no tampo. To immediately question Takaras motives and assume it's them being cheap and the MP line cresting is just silly.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:44 AM   #20
elburrito
Animated

Looking at several scale charts, Shockwave should be the same size as Soundwave (a little smaller than Megatron). MP29 looks to be about the same size as Ironhide I.e., too short. I can live with it, but it is disappointing.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote