Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #8571
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Going to Grouse Grind with the gal friends on Sunday. Gals > Toys.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #8572
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
Wow, I'd feel like a jerk if I were to scoop you JJ, but if you're not going to buy those, I think I will.
Bewm, just paid the goddamn Batman for the lot. Sorry Blitzy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Going to Grouse Grind with the gal friends on Sunday. Gals > Toys.
It took me roughly 12 ascents on The Grind to realize I fucking hate it.

IMO ascent to the 2nd Peak of the Chief in Squamish is much more enjoyable. Chain ladders near the top are cool and it's a trip to peer over the edge of the cliff face.

Mind you there's beer at the top of The Grind so that's the one saving grace.

Oh...and gal friends, plural? What are you a shiek with a harem or something, Darth?

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 06-12-2015 at 01:04 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #8573
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
So, with Retro and Relevant on Sunday, who is planning to attend? Looking forward to the Mastermind Creation displays. I right now have no idea what my friend is going to bring. Hoping he has the Spartan (Impactor) test shot on hand.

Hoping to be able to swing it, but will be last minute.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #8574
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Bewm, just paid the goddamn Batman for the lot. Sorry Blitzy...
LOL, no worries, I actually made that post because Aero's was the last post on the last page and I forgot there was another page of replies in which you already said you were going to grab them.

Let us know how they are, I'm planning to pick them up some time later this year after I finish re-watching all of my US G1 DVDs.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #8575
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
It's based on this:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Omni_Productions

So if you don't mind bad grammar and human names for Twincast and others then it's decent. The Shout! quality IMO is no better than this release which didn't warrant another buy. It's just me but I kept my Rhino G1 series and didn't bother upgrading.
I speak Japanese so I was excited to get the actual Japanese audio for Headmasters/Victory/Masterforce.

As for the main G1 series, I've had the Rhino releases and I currently have the Shout Factory release and I like the Shout Factory better...the Rhino really wasn't remastered that well and used the tape masters as the source. I personally liked the fact that the Shout Factory release uses the broadcast masters, and actually did some good remastering both of the audio and the picture. And since they were the broadcast masters, it actually has the cutaways that go into and out of the commercials.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #8576
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
I speak Japanese so I was excited to get the actual Japanese audio for Headmasters/Victory/Masterforce.

As for the main G1 series, I've had the Rhino releases and I currently have the Shout Factory release and I like the Shout Factory better...the Rhino really wasn't remastered that well and used the tape masters as the source. I personally liked the fact that the Shout Factory release uses the broadcast masters, and actually did some good remastering both of the audio and the picture. And since they were the broadcast masters, it actually has the cutaways that go into and out of the commercials.
I am kicking myself for not picking up the Shout Factory G1 series from Amazon when they were on sale last year (earlier this year?). My Rhino set is getting beat up and I've heard how much better the transfers and corrections are on the newer set.

Perhaps I can convince my wife it would make a great Father's Day gift.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #8577
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

I just don't want to spend more money on media, especially on DVD's that take up space =p...Mind you this was purchased way back in 2009 when my TF/disposable income was endless haha

OT: Anyone want to buy the TF:Movie Trilogy (Matrix) Set?
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #8578
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

All this talk is really making me want the Japanese collection. Too bad I didn't get the individual releases when they were cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
It took me roughly 12 ascents on The Grind to realize I fucking hate it.

IMO ascent to the 2nd Peak of the Chief in Squamish is much more enjoyable. Chain ladders near the top are cool and it's a trip to peer over the edge of the cliff face.

Mind you there's beer at the top of The Grind so that's the one saving grace.
I did the Grind the first time last year and I kind of agree. It's not really fun in any sense of the word. The best part is at the top when you go 'oh god, it's finally over'. Beer is a nice bonus I suppose, but don't they have that on the Chief now too? Howe Sound Brewing is right down in town too. I ALSO did the Chief (second peak? The one that has a tram now) and I agree, it was much more enjoyable. There's much more scenery, the trail doesn't look like an apocalyptic landscape barren of all greenery, you're not constantly dodging trail runners, and jackasses don't leave their garbage all over the trail. Plus, less inappropriately old/young people because there's a lot more time for them to realize they can't handle it before it's too late to turn back.

Quote:
Oh...and gal friends, plural? What are you a shiek with a harem or something, Darth?
I'm guessing these are gal friends he's hoping to turn into a girlfriend. More girls=more chances? Haha. I dunno, I can go hiking anytime but RnR only happens twice a year. Sadly we booked Victoria stuff before I was paying attention to the date for this show and it was too late to change plans. But toys will still happen, mark my words!! Hopefully Cherry Bomb has some new stuff since April.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 06-12-2015 at 01:18 PM.
kirbenvost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #8579
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
I just don't want to spend more money on media, especially on DVD's that take up space =p...Mind you this was purchased way back in 2009 when my TF/disposable income was endless haha
I agree on the DVDs/BluRays in general. I've been trying to purge most of it, and keep a handful that I really like and the rest are either available streaming or are on my hard drives.

Still, I like to have hard copies of my favourites. The Shout Factory one I bought when they first announced it, mostly because I wanted the limited edition box (the one that looks like the matrix) but in the end it turned out to be the better transfer/quality so I've been pretty happy with it. Didn't take too long to sell my Rhinos. The only Transformers dvds I haven't updated to the Shout Factory versions is my Beast Wars.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #8580
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Beer is a nice bonus I suppose, but don't they have that on the Chief now too? Howe Sound Brewing is right down in town too. I ALSO did the Chief (second peak? The one that has a tram now) and I agree, it was much more enjoyable.
There's a tram on The Chief now too???

Man, I gotta get out more. Damn kids...