Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #7971
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

I figured it was just them underestimating demand, or not accurately communicating available quantities to retailers. But maybe there could be other factors?
Old 02-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #7972
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I figured it was just them underestimating demand, or not accurately communicating available quantities to retailers. But maybe there could be other factors?
The stuff sells pretty well in Japan so it's weird that they'd underestimate it.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #7973
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Maybe they didn't anticipate the hordes of overseas orders and resellers.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #7974
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Huh, are they allowed to charge USD prices in a Canadian brick and mortar? I mean they know they paid XXX amount of money for it. So price it in Canadian dollars at the price you want to sell it at and make some money.

Seems kinda sneaky otherwise.

Yeah down right sneaky, ( but they had a US dollar sticker on it, so I knew what was going on) I really don't understand it other than making their price look lower, kind of like a car sales add!

It's not like a pre-order and they need to protect themselves
It's easy to convert, if you buy it in US dollars , figure out the exchange rate at time of buying and re-price it in CDN dollars. DUH!! The way they are doing it doesn't make sense

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #7975
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

When exchange rate is favorable, maunfacturers, suppliers, importers, wholesalers, retailer won't lower selling price because they'd pay a lower cost and make more profit. When exchange is shitty, they jack up the price right away because they need to "protect their business". But when exchange rate is getting again they will still keep the higher price becasue the goods were bought at a higher price when the exchange rate was shitty.

I work for a wholesaler. it's my job. But as a consumer myself it's a total rip-off, especially when you compared the same product sold in Canada. Too often I can buy an item online from oversea (a retailer or directly from the manufacturers), pay for shipping and duty/tax, and it would still cost me significantly less than buying the same item locally from a Canadian store. I understand local brick n mortar shops need to pay their high cost to run a shop and pay the staff. But don't think customers are stupid, especially when the customer are smart ass geeks. =P
Old 02-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #7976
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
When exchange rate is favorable, maunfacturers, suppliers, importers, wholesalers, retailer won't lower selling price because they'd pay a lower cost and make more profit. When exchange is shitty, they jack up the price right away because they need to "protect their business". But when exchange rate is getting again they will still keep the higher price becasue the goods were bought at a higher price when the exchange rate was shitty.

I work for a wholesaler. it's my job. But as a consumer myself it's a total rip-off, especially when you compared the same product sold in Canada. Too often I can buy an item online from oversea (a retailer or directly from the manufacturers), pay for shipping and duty/tax, and it would still cost me significantly less than buying the same item locally from a Canadian store. I understand local brick n mortar shops need to pay their high cost to run a shop and pay the staff. But don't think customers are stupid, especially when the customer are smart ass geeks. =P

Yeah but now I feel dirty and used

The worst offence used to be books, I guess they will be the next to change back.

Guess I'm going to have to go online order now, I want to buy local but at 1.25 / 1.00 I'd be stupid. This exchange rate is going to kill local business that import from the us, and just push up online sales.
Sooner or later CP and the goverment will catch on ( or have to ) and nail everything with duty

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:21 PM   #7977
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
It's weird. I wonder what's suddenly causing the stock shortages in Japan?
It's over 30 years of pent up frustration for man-boys who finally get to meet their childhood crush. Hahahha.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:20 AM   #7978
venksta
Render Project Creations

So, has any retailers besides HLJ said anything about the shortage for Legends Fembots? I got my preorders in at A3U for each one. But very late.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:11 AM   #7979
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
So, has any retailers besides HLJ said anything about the shortage for Legends Fembots? I got my preorders in at A3U for each one. But very late.
That's true, maybe it's just HLJ...

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #7980
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

So...who wants my FP City Commander?