Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-24-2021, 07:34 PM   #2321
Magnimus
Alternator
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

After the debacle of trying to get Worlds Collide, my Transmutate shipped and arrived successfully today.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #2322
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I got a call from a TRU today about a random online canceled item. Edit: Called them back and it was Rodimus.

Bonus: it was from the farthest possible TRU store here (35 km away as the crow flies and a 30 minute drive each way). After calling them back they said that store got all the canceled items for all of Calgary. CS person said they will see if they can send Roddy to the store closest to me, but they were unsure about the protocol and would call me back tomorrow.

Hope they can figure it out, or else I'm gonna have to pack a lunch.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 08-24-2021 at 09:32 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:42 PM   #2323
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

lmao all of this is making me feel even better about quitting the hobby altogether.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:13 PM   #2324
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Got the same call as Chainguns did. Very nice person on the phone said she would let me know tomorrow if it xn be sent to a different store.

It's understandable that they would send them all to one store. Their system is broken, but they honored the preorders that they could still fill in this way. I really appreciate that. I don't understand why anybody is angry over this.

Be nice to customer service people, they are doing their best, and when they aren't, they literally aren't paid enough to do better.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:24 AM   #2325
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Yeah. Honestly, most of the CS people I've talked to at TRU are pretty reasonable.

When i was looking for Worlds Collide the staff at Market Mall were SUPER helpful considering their response was "we don't have it, but we'll check the city inventory for you and yep several stores do; try calling them and see if they'll hold it."

They've definitely had some issues with their ordering system this year on several items (the Clone Wars Black Series figures had some issues as well) but the responses I've gotten from customer service reps very much indicate there's human beings doing their best to resolve issues in good faith.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:54 AM   #2326
The Nemesis
Alternator

I had a great experience with Suzie, one of the CS managers that you reach when you contact customer service through th website. She's been helping me deal with this whole Rodimus cancel issue and has been super helpful in both ensuring that I'm set up to receive word of my order and track it down and tell me it's on the way right now. I think she might've also been the one that found me an ER Runabout and shipped it to my local store when I got screwed out of getting one by shoddy customer service here. Regardless, she's been awesome.

On the other hand, I have had almost no positive, redeeming experiences with the in-store CS reps at the Langley store. The person who I'm pretty sure is the customer service manager has generally been rude and dismissive whenever I've had to talk to her, I've phoned the store and talked to multiple people who have given me the runaround or a blow-off on chasing down items including the aforementioned Runabout incident where I phoned looking for one of them and got told they had none only to find out from another poster here that they absolutely did have some in stock only it was too late for me to get to the store that day before closing (and they were gone the next day because people camped out the store opening), and the one time I tried to get a hold of the store manager (at the request of the CS person I had been talking to) to deal with that issue I kept getting rerouted and given excuses and promised a call-back that never came.

And it's not like I was an asshole to them. The only time I got angry or frustrated was over the "we don't have any and we're not getting any in the near future" bit regarding Runabout. But if I can't just pop into the local store, get what I need off the shelf, and get out I do not like dealing with it.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:52 AM   #2327
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Worlds Collide re-appeared for "Ship to Home" briefly this morning. I was able to place an order around 9:10 ADT and then the option disappeared when my order was placed so I may have got the last one for now.

I thought it'd be helpful to mention the time for others that are trying to get it. I just hope my order goes through and isn't cancelled...

I really hope something changes about transformers distribution and sales in the next line of toys. The toys are really high quality and playable (my son and I enjoy playing with them a lot), if over-priced, but I'm getting sick of the hunt for store exclusives that seem to be desired characters (like Fangry, so many Earthrise characters, etc.).

Last edited by NightshadeX; 08-25-2021 at 08:56 AM.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:28 AM   #2328
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
I really hope something changes about transformers distribution and sales in the next line of toys. The toys are really high quality and playable (my son and I enjoy playing with them a lot), if over-priced, but I'm getting sick of the hunt for store exclusives that seem to be desired characters (like Fangry, so many Earthrise characters, etc.).
With the supply chain in shambles at the moment, due to the Delta variant running rampant across the globe, it will get worse before it gets better. Hasbro has confirmed that they have production issues at the moment.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #2329
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
lmao all of this is making me feel even better about quitting the hobby altogether.
Posting here would indicate you haven't quit altogether...lol

Frickin plastic crack.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:44 PM   #2330
Magnimus
Alternator

Worlds Collide is showing as in-stock in Oakville at TRU (290 North Service Rd W, Oakville, ON L6M 2S2) via website for in-store pickup.